Elite Ammunition

Elite Ammunition, makers of custom 5.7x28 ammunition.

Moderators: panzermk2, panzermk2wife

Bazzer69
Silver Member
custom title: Erk of the first ord

Elite Ammunition

Post by Bazzer69 » 22 Apr 2015, 12:23

I would just like to give feedback on recent purchases from EA. I ordered several items, a go/nogo gauge, a Custom Dillon Shellplate, a set of 5.7 Dies and a box of T6. The first two items are great, maybe a little expensive but of high quality and do the job as described. My order for the T6, I screwed up and ordered it to be sent via USPS, my screwup, but I think they could have contacted me and advised that it needed to be sent FEDEX. Instead it was cancelled When I ordered the Dies, Jay mentioned that delivery would be a couple of weeks, well, when I contacted him a few days ago I was told that he had 20 sets in but mine would not be one of them and I would have to wait 4-5 months! EA had already charged my card. It's not legal to charge a card if you do not have the item in stock. He told me that the supplier needed to be paid in advance. So it seems I am financing his business. Not something that I want to do. All in all i'm satisfied, but obviously EA and I have different ideas on how to run a business.
Would I purchase from EA again, you bet, I think that they are a small company that needs our support, not a MicroSoft!
Bazzer

"Who Dares Wins"

CPTKILLER
custom title: CPT Killer

Re: Elite Ammunition

Post by CPTKILLER » 22 Apr 2015, 12:43

That is an explanation why inventory is non existent. That stinks!

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 22 Apr 2015, 13:12

Many businesses charge your card the second you order. Especially for made to order items. As far as cancelling your order, it's probably far easier for them to do so, then to correct it. SOE does the same thing.

Bazzer69
Silver Member
custom title: Erk of the first ord

Post by Bazzer69 » 04 May 2015, 18:32

For whatever reason, EA has had their credit card facility canceled. Thats not good even though I found their procedures questionable .
It is not normal to charge a CC if a item is not in stock. It is acceptable for custom work and services to be provided.
I hope this can be corrected and they will be able to continue to supply ammo.

Bazzer

Who Dares Wins

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 04 May 2015, 23:41

Don't care what you found questionable.

Custom ordered items are paid for up front.

This is standard for all custom ordered work from firearms to living room couches.

We knew it was coming due to operation choke point.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Choke_Point" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your inference that our CC processor got canceled due questionable practices is bullshit and you know it.

Your passive aggressive lip service is also BS and leads me doubt any connection with the SAS as guys like that would have the balls to come out and say you think we ripped you off.

Even a bottom rung Tosh understands how custom made to order works.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 05 May 2015, 12:36

Bazzer69 wrote:For whatever reason, EA has had their credit card facility canceled. Thats not good even though I found their procedures questionable .
It is not normal to charge a CC if a item is not in stock. It is acceptable for custom work and services to be provided.
I hope this can be corrected and they will be able to continue to supply ammo.

Bazzer

Who Dares Wins
Sad to say, but it's normal practice in my experience from ordering auto parts to guns. I know some businesses don't that don't for some back orders and such.

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 11 May 2015, 18:29

There were too many people who were quick to pick the least expensive shipping (USPS) for me to contact.
If I contact one person I would have to contact every person who did this as it would only be fair.
It has been discussed many times on the forum, FB, Twitter as well as in E-Blasts and all over the website that choosing USPS would cause the order to be cancelled. It has also be discussed that I cannot just remove the USPS as not everyone buys ammunition when we actually do have it in stock.

At one time we had a fancy website and a web designer but it would take way too long for the "webmaster" to make simple changes. I am not a web designer and needed a very basic plug and play website where I didn't have to pay someone else to make changes and write code. I handle the E-Blasts/Facebook/Twitter, website, order processing as well as all the shipping for the company because we are not big enough for me to justify bringing 2 or 3 people on board and pay a salary to each of them to do everything I do at this point. Once we start to grow then I can do that.

I know I am not fast like Amazon with the shipping and I know sometime it take me some time to answer emails.

I am the first to admit I am in no way perfect.

And with that I am locking this thread now that I have responded.

Lisa
Elite Ammunition
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;