EA's Latest Clean and Lube FsN vid.

Elite Ammunition, makers of custom 5.7x28 ammunition.

Moderators: panzermk2wife, panzermk2

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

EA's Latest Clean and Lube FsN vid.

Post by panzermk2 » 12 Nov 2013, 23:19

Title pretty much sums it up.

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

JoJo

Re: EA's Latest Clean and Lube FsN vid.

Post by JoJo » 20 Nov 2013, 13:03

Soooooo very helpful! Thanks!

Abalone

Post by Abalone » 21 Nov 2013, 17:26

Thank you for taking the time to put this together.
I only wish I could send you more business.

Abalone

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 21 Nov 2013, 23:57

Abalone wrote:Thank you for taking the time to put this together.
I only wish I could send you more business.

Abalone
:thumb:
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

bobapunk
Gold Member
custom title: EA's range buddy

Post by bobapunk » 22 Nov 2013, 08:33

I am surprised you don't have one of two of these: http://amzn.com/B002QD624C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fill one with Froglube solvent or Simple Green and then other with Froglube CLP. The tanks are heated so you don't need a hair dryer or heat gun.

If it is the first time using Froglube, run the field striped pistol in the solvent w/ heat for 10 minutes. At the same time, turn on the tank heater on the CLP tank to preheat the CLP.

After the solvent tank is done, remove the parts and dry (compressed air is great!).

Next, dump all the parts in the CLP tank and let it run for 10 minutes. Remove the parts and let dry/cool for an hour or so (this is what Froglube recommends).

Finally, give everything a quick wipe down and reassemble.

I like this method because the entire gun is submerged in CLP so there is no question that every single nook and cranny is coated.

Subsequent cleaning can just be a wipe down and CLP bath or a few minutes in the solvent first if the gun is really dirty.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 22 Nov 2013, 09:22

I forgot about doing it that way... When I clean my PTR bolt, I have the heat on in my UT cleaner. It does get pretty hot & should be perfect for froglube (FL).

The main reason I have not used FL was the whole heating the gun up part, I didn't think I had anything that would get the gun parts hot enough to do any good in a reasonable timeframe (except oven & don't want to do that). Now it's back to being simple again :laugh: Thanks
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

bobapunk
Gold Member

Post by bobapunk » 22 Nov 2013, 09:46

FL doesn't need a whole lot of heat. A FL rep told me that he left his AR in the back of his car for a short time on a summer day and it was warm enough to melt the FL. Most heated ultrasonic tanks can get up to 130°-140°F which is plenty.

The one thing that I would be sure to observe is the 1hr cooling/drying time. That seems to be when the FL is absorbed into the pores of the metal and locked in.

Standpipe

Post by Standpipe » 27 Nov 2013, 03:10

Rapier1772 wrote: The main reason I have not used FL was the whole heating the gun up part, I didn't think I had anything that would get the gun parts hot enough to do any good in a reasonable timeframe
That's also my main reason for avoiding FL i simply don't have the patience to apply the thing :(

Scar_Shooter

Post by Scar_Shooter » 13 Jan 2014, 20:55

I don't think submerging the whole gun in a FL bath is the recommended procedure. You would be unable to fully cleanup the excess FL afterwords without a complete disassembly of the firearm.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 13 Jan 2014, 22:31

That was pretty much the plan actually.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

bobapunk
Gold Member

Post by bobapunk » 14 Jan 2014, 14:03

Scar_Shooter wrote:I don't think submerging the whole gun in a FL bath is the recommended procedure. You would be unable to fully cleanup the excess FL afterwords without a complete disassembly of the firearm.
That is why you let it sit for an hour before reassembling. Any excess will run out of the frame.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 14 Jan 2014, 15:38

bobapunk wrote:
Scar_Shooter wrote:I don't think submerging the whole gun in a FL bath is the recommended procedure. You would be unable to fully cleanup the excess FL afterwords without a complete disassembly of the firearm.
That is why you let it sit for an hour before reassembling. Any excess will run out of the frame.
Yep and more so if you heat your gun with a hair dryer. It does not need to get massively hot.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

critterdoc

Post by critterdoc » 16 Sep 2014, 14:30

panzermk2 wrote:
bobapunk wrote:
Yep and more so if you heat your gun with a hair dryer. It does not need to get massively hot.
Frog Lubing with a Chicago Electric 2.5 liter ultrasound device that had been picked up on special from Harbor Freight seemed like an option but the cost of the volume of FL that would be required and uncertainty about recycling FL in a heated ultrasound device over time warned me off. Eventually one of my honey's rarely used slow cookers and an oven thermometer was stealthily pilfered - which makes it easy to heat pistols and various other gun parts and hold them at relatively controlled temps while allowing FL to migrate across and penetrate uniformly heated surfaces.