Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Elite Ammunition, makers of custom 5.7x28 ammunition.

Moderators: panzermk2wife, panzermk2

User avatar
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Posts: 11628
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 15:51
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.
Contact:

Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by panzermk2 » 08 Mar 2012, 12:34

55gr Ballistic tip loaded to full velocity.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz
Image

User avatar
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
Posts: 3736
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 14:32
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by jgreenberg01 » 08 Mar 2012, 12:37

That sounds exciting! Define full velocity :D
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

User avatar
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Posts: 11628
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 15:51
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by panzermk2 » 08 Mar 2012, 12:39

Well our VarII uses a heavier bullet but is loaded slow. This round will be in the 1800fps range and will have a new tip color.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz
Image

firestorm248
Gold Member
Posts: 757
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Location: Yelm Wa
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by firestorm248 » 08 Mar 2012, 13:21

:ttiwwp:

:p

User avatar
MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
Posts: 7025
Joined: 27 Aug 2008, 12:44
custom title: Sweeper
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by MrSlippyFist » 08 Mar 2012, 13:29

Whooooodoggy!
Embrace the Suck

Llagoud
Senior Member
Posts: 5266
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 08:49
custom title: A is A
Location: Buckthorn Ridge

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by Llagoud » 08 Mar 2012, 13:30

firestorm248 wrote::ttiwwp:

:p

Image

User avatar
MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
Posts: 7025
Joined: 27 Aug 2008, 12:44
custom title: Sweeper
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by MrSlippyFist » 08 Mar 2012, 13:38

Image
Embrace the Suck

Buffman
Silver Member
Posts: 2896
Joined: 12 Jan 2009, 22:48
Location: SW Michigan
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by Buffman » 08 Mar 2012, 19:07

hmmm interesting

Mister Freeze
Senior Member
Posts: 1627
Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 11:11
custom title: 159.6
Location: Somewhere in Texas

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by Mister Freeze » 08 Mar 2012, 20:03

What's the name?!?!

So close, yet so far from an FMJ...

User avatar
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
Posts: 10637
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 14:28
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by blueorison » 08 Mar 2012, 23:45

panzermk2 wrote:Well our VarII uses a heavier bullet but is loaded slow. This round will be in the 1800fps range and will have a new tip color.
For those of you who don't know,

that's REALLY hot out of a FsN... or is it from the PS90...
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

User avatar
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Posts: 11628
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 15:51
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by panzermk2 » 09 Mar 2012, 08:12

blueorison wrote:
panzermk2 wrote:Well our VarII uses a heavier bullet but is loaded slow. This round will be in the 1800fps range and will have a new tip color.
For those of you who don't know,

that's REALLY hot out of a FsN... or is it from the PS90...
FsN
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz
Image

User avatar
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
Posts: 3736
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 14:32
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by jgreenberg01 » 09 Mar 2012, 08:35

I'm really interested in trying these out. Do you have an ETA yet Jay?
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

User avatar
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Posts: 11628
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 15:51
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by panzermk2 » 09 Mar 2012, 08:37

jgreenberg01 wrote:I'm really interested in trying these out. Do you have an ETA yet Jay?
About 2 weeks.

The only real problem is where to put it in our product line. It will be a great varminting but after I test it against objects it may be good for SD also.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz
Image

User avatar
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
Posts: 3736
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 14:32
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by jgreenberg01 » 09 Mar 2012, 08:59

panzermk2 wrote:
jgreenberg01 wrote:I'm really interested in trying these out. Do you have an ETA yet Jay?
About 2 weeks.

The only real problem is where to put it in our product line. It will be a great varminting but after I test it against objects it may be good for SD also.
That's what I was thinking. I wouldn't mind doing the denim/ballistic gel test - I'll bet it would be a good alternative to any flavor of ProtecTORs.

Probably not the best choice against body armor out of the FsN, but maybe out of a carbine length barrel...
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

User avatar
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Posts: 11628
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 15:51
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by panzermk2 » 09 Mar 2012, 11:27

jgreenberg01 wrote:
panzermk2 wrote:
jgreenberg01 wrote:I'm really interested in trying these out. Do you have an ETA yet Jay?
About 2 weeks.

The only real problem is where to put it in our product line. It will be a great varminting but after I test it against objects it may be good for SD also.
That's what I was thinking. I wouldn't mind doing the denim/ballistic gel test - I'll bet it would be a good alternative to any flavor of ProtecTORs.

Probably not the best choice against body armor out of the FsN, but maybe out of a carbine length barrel...

You will get a batch for testing. Your vids are substantially better then mine.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz
Image

User avatar
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Posts: 11628
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 15:51
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by panzermk2 » 15 Mar 2012, 07:18

Image

Image
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz
Image

fd57
Senior Member
Posts: 772
Joined: 29 Jan 2010, 14:13

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by fd57 » 15 Mar 2012, 08:25

Sweet snap.

Looking forward to testing this round.

MikeSantor
Gold Member
Posts: 1142
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 16:58
Location: FEMA Region 5

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by MikeSantor » 15 Mar 2012, 08:38

Put me down for 4 boxes. We need to chat about some trade on bullets. My inventory is dangerously low. Need some of these, T6, S4M and some Pro's...

User avatar
Prepper
Member
Posts: 354
Joined: 06 Apr 2011, 19:56
custom title: Sucker Punch
Location: Madisonville, Louisiana
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by Prepper » 15 Mar 2012, 13:25

How does it that much different from the Protector II, which is 50gr ballistic tip at 1800 FPS? Just 5gr more?
Better to have a tank when you don't need it then to need a tank when you don't have it.

II Thessalonians 3:8-12

User avatar
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Posts: 11628
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 15:51
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon, New Load From EA.

Post by panzermk2 » 15 Mar 2012, 22:33

Prepper wrote:How does it that much different from the Protector II, which is 50gr ballistic tip at 1800 FPS? Just 5gr more?

Not much but some folk want a heavier bullet. The ProII out penetrates the ProI. Up until now there where no bullets in the 55gr range range that would behave the way I wanted at the velocities I wanted. Keep in mind most .223 bullets where conceived for long barrel varmint rifle. Meaning 3k+ fps on target. With some of the new thin jacket .223 bullets I can get them to perform the way I want at speeds around 1800fps. Which is what rounds of this weight do out of the pistol.

And last time I checked I make a living giving customers what they want.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yandex and 2 guests