Blue & SpaceCoyote @ Texas Tactical IDPA Last Week

Elite Ammunition, makers of custom 5.7x28 ammunition.

Moderators: panzermk2, panzermk2wife

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Blue & SpaceCoyote @ Texas Tactical IDPA Last Week

Post by blueorison » 21 Apr 2011, 20:10

(Space and his super cool girlfriend, Space'ssupercoolgirlfriendK.)

I don't ever shoot IDPA Handgun because I have a massive aversion to the dictated storylines (though some are legit). When I represent EA in IDPA, I shoot IDPA Carbine matches. The setups are more dynamic in the carbine matches and I use the same .224 round (out of my FsN) as the carbines. Iron Mike being the extremely cool dude (see: match director) he is, lets me use my FsN against the handguns shooting in the competition. I know, it's confusing. Carbine matches are carbines or handguns, and sometimes both. Handgun matches are handgun only and have more dictated rules.

However, the only match on last weekend was IDPA Handgun and SpaceCoyote was headin out of town this week, so I decided to commit Seppuku after breaking my holy vow not to shoot IDPA Handgun and just do the match. It was Space's first match, so I prayed that he would have a good experience.

2 of the kids on my UT squad shot with Space and I. I was classified under Stock Service Pistol and Space, to his sadness, was shooting an XD, so he was under ESP.

Well it turned out that night I didn't get sleep, and the last time I checked the clock it said 6:05am. This might or might not have been due to myself having 2 pitchers of beer at a bar with a female friend (Freeze be proud! :evil: ). The match sign-up started at 9am. So I decided to just go and wear my EA shirt and help RO instead of shooting the match. Sadly, I was coerced by my friends there into shooting it anyway with 3 hours of sleep :facepalm:. Space generously allowed me his 9mm ammunition, as I had none on me.

Also, thankfully Space called me that morning, because I slept through all 3 of my alarms that I had set for myself. :lmao:

The RO's were very nice people and they made the match all that much better.

Below are the scores for the 1st stage. I placed 3rd out of like 60 shooters. I remember looking at Space and going "WTF THIS IS AN IDPA MATCH WHY ARE THERE 60 SHOOTERS". Then I found out they were preparing for some big IDPA match coming up.

Very proud of my student on my squad, Billy. He did outstanding. For those who didn't read the CZ thread, this is the guy and he is using his pre-ban CZ. There is something special about watching someone you personally trained with blood sweat and tears do well at a match.

Each time I train someone it seems it takes me hours and hours to purge the BARF IDIOT mentality out of them, banning them from all forums online, before we can even get to firearms handling. :facepalm:

Thanks for coming out to shoot with me, Scott. I had a great time blasting FsN's with ya and meeting your girlfriend. Can't wait to shoot USPSA with ya next month. :clap:
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Young Guns

Re: Blue & SpaceCoyote @ Texas Tactical IDPA Last Week

Post by Young Guns » 21 Apr 2011, 22:06

congrats man, looks like a lot of fun.

Gramaton Cleric
Gold Member
custom title: Gun Kata

Post by Gramaton Cleric » 22 Apr 2011, 07:49

Sweet
Aim small,Miss Small!
NRA LIFE Member
Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 22 Apr 2011, 08:08

Nice shooting guys!

Ever make it to AZ, Blue?

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 22 Apr 2011, 10:01

Went to the border, swam in the river.

Was there for a NORCO match in California with big name shooters.

I shot 5 matches in 5 days when I flew there. Was training with my USPSA mentor, one of the very few shooters I have respect and look up to. He beats open shooters shooting limited division. He also gave me my purple shorts. His daughter is 15 and beats everyone.

I practice shooting a bunch when I'm dead tired. That's how I go so fast and hard when I actually sleep, my senses awaken from their strained state. I think I slept 4 hours each night in California. We had to drive 4 hours to each match.

Now you know my secret; force yourself to shoot matches when you're dead tired and want to pass out.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

murphies_finest
custom title: King Thread Killer.

Post by murphies_finest » 22 Apr 2011, 10:24

That's how I go so fast and hard when I actually sleep

ummm ummmm ummmm uhhhh uhhhhh uhhhh?

:ponder: :lmao: