Blagojevich impeached

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
FN ADDICT

Blagojevich impeached

Post by FN ADDICT » 09 Jan 2009, 09:56

Sing it from the top of the mountain, Blagojevich call for impeachement is at the senate. Illinois voted 114-1 to get rid of the crook. I know this doesn't mean he is gone, but it shows that we hear in illinois don't want him. I am voting for whichever new canidate that supports concealed carry in illinois. I doubt I will get a chance to vote till election year, it will just fall to the LT Govnr. but I can't wait.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Re: Blagojevich impeached

Post by panzermk2wife » 09 Jan 2009, 10:15

Yeah tell me about it.

He is such a scumbag
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stg2ahn

Post by stg2ahn » 09 Jan 2009, 10:17

wow, who's the loser that didn't want to impeach him?

I didn't get a chance to get his license plate yet. :cry:

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 09 Jan 2009, 10:21

stg2ahn wrote:wow, who's the loser that didn't want to impeach him?

Rep. Milton Patterson, a Chicago Democrat
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 09 Jan 2009, 10:24

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090109/ap_ ... s_governor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Illinois House impeaches Gov. Rod Blagojevich
CHRISTOPHER WILLS, Associated Press Writer Christopher Wills, Associated Press Writer – 33 mins ago

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – The Illinois House voted overwhelmingly Friday to impeach Gov. Rod Blagojevich, an unprecedented action that sets up a Senate trial on whether he should be thrown out for abuse of power, including allegations that he tried to sell President-elect Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat.

Impeachment required just 60 votes. The final result was 114-1.

Legislators accused the second-term Democratic governor of letting down the people of Illinois by letting ego and ambition drive his decisions.

"It's our duty to clean up the mess and stop the freak show that's become Illinois government," said Rep. Jack D. Franks, a Democrat.

Blagojevich was out jogging in his Chicago neighborhood when the vote came down.

Blagojevich refused to answer any specific questions about the vote, but upon returning from his jog, he likened his situation to long-distance running.

"Let me simply say I feel like the old Alan Sillitoe short story 'The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Runner.' ... And that's what this is by the way, a long-distance run," he said.

He then promised to say more at an afternoon news conference.

During the House's 90-minute debate on impeachment, no one spoke up to defend the governor. But Rep. Milton Patterson, a Chicago Democrat, made the sole vote against impeaching Blagojevich.

Patterson said he read the impeachment committee's report and wasn't comfortable voting against the governor. "I have no firsthand knowledge of any of the evidence," he said.

"I went by my own gut feeling, it's as simple as that," he said. "I read the report. If the government is going to indict him, let them go ahead and do that. That's their job and I'm doing my job."

Rep. Elga Jefferies, another Chicago Democrat, voted "present."

Blagojevich was arrested Dec. 9 on federal charges that include allegations he schemed to profit from his power to name Obama's replacement in the Senate. The criminal complaint included an FBI agent's sworn affidavit describing wiretaps that caught Blagojevich allegedly talking about what he could get for the seat, how to pressure people into making campaign contributions and more.

That arrest triggered impeachment hearings by a special House committee.

The committee on Thursday unanimously recommended impeachment based on the criminal charges but other allegations as well — that Blagojevich expanded a health care program without proper authority, that he circumvented hiring laws to give jobs to political allies, that he spent millions of dollars on foreign flu vaccine that he knew wasn't needed and couldn't be brought into the country.

"The citizens of this state must have confidence that their governor will faithfully serve the people and put their interests before his own," the committee's report said. "It is with profound regret that the committee finds that our current governor has not done so."

Blagojevich has denied the criminal charges. He criticized the House impeachment process as biased and said a Senate trial would produce a different result.

But he didn't testify before the House impeachment committee and hasn't offered an explanation for the federal charges.

"His silence in this great matter is deafening," said House Majority Leader Barbara Flynn Currie, a Chicago Democrat.
Visit Us on FaceBook

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 09 Jan 2009, 10:25

stg2ahn wrote:wow, who's the loser that didn't want to impeach him?

'The ballot was confusing....'

/hanging chad
Embrace the Suck

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 09 Jan 2009, 10:26

:lmao:
Visit Us on FaceBook

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 09 Jan 2009, 10:51

I wonder what the story is with this Patterson guy. You think he is in bed with Blago....or he just wants the attention (cause you know everybody's first question when they see 114-1 is: who the hell is the 1 who voted against it) ?

FN ADDICT

Post by FN ADDICT » 09 Jan 2009, 11:30

He's the stupid scumbag that didn't get the memo that all of his scumbag buddies were voting impeach. He probably didn't think he was going to be alone. :lmao:

EmptyBrass

Post by EmptyBrass » 09 Jan 2009, 11:42

FN ADDICT wrote:He's the stupid scumbag that didn't get the memo that all of his scumbag buddies were voting impeach. He probably didn't think he was going to be alone. :lmao:
He/she did it just so people would ask that question.

FN ADDICT

Post by FN ADDICT » 09 Jan 2009, 13:14

EmptyBrass wrote:
FN ADDICT wrote:He's the stupid scumbag that didn't get the memo that all of his scumbag buddies were voting impeach. He probably didn't think he was going to be alone. :lmao:
He/she did it just so people would ask that question.
I initially believed that as well. But the answer was horrible. Basically " I haven't done anything on my own to research why he should be impeached so I made a guess" Who elected this dumbass. Does he even know where he is?

EmptyBrass

Post by EmptyBrass » 09 Jan 2009, 13:25

FN ADDICT wrote: I initially believed that as well. But the answer was horrible. Basically " I haven't done anything on my own to research why he should be impeached so I made a guess" Who elected this dumbass. Does he even know where he is?
Your saying a politician is suppose to do something for themselves besides take $ from the lobbyist? :wall:

Mahnmut

Post by Mahnmut » 09 Jan 2009, 16:44

So nobody else but me thinks he's just taking the fall to keep the ever watchful eye <snicker> of the media from looking at the rest of the scumbags in the Illinois government?

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 09 Jan 2009, 17:05

Oh no they are pretty much scum, but he is/was the Head Hancho for IL. So he's got to go.
Visit Us on FaceBook

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 09 Jan 2009, 18:11

Whether local or national, politics seems to attract the bottom of the barrel. :cry:
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 28 Jan 2009, 11:06

Ugh, this guy is so full of corruption its coming out of his nose.

http://www.foxnews.com/video-search/m/2 ... s_beck.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 28 Jan 2009, 12:13

Sit back, I have tthe solution. After reading Fly's compassion to sell his car for a relatives operation, yet no hesitation to assist dirtbags who resist arrest find the need for hospital treatment, may I propose we nominate him King of North America?
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 28 Jan 2009, 14:28

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090128/ap_ ... mpeachment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The president of the Illinois Senate says Gov. Rod Blagojevich wants to make a closing statement at his impeachment trial.
Wouldn't that mean he actually has to show up at his impeachment trial? Or would he do it via satellite link while still doing interviews in NY?
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 28 Jan 2009, 15:41

Thank you fatherfoof, but I know I'm not qualified. I know that I could never be King of the World, nor even King of North America.
My first edict would be to have all liberals ejected from the country to make more room for ammunition plants or farm land. Cuz we need more ammo and we need more lima beans. The lima beans are to feed to cows so we can all have juicy steaks for supper, cuz no self-respecting conservative would dare eat a lima bean on purpose! :lmao:
Hadja going there for a second, didn't I?
Liberals who are willing to subject themselves to our whims and willing to keep their wussy mouths shut and their policital opinions to themselves are allowed to stay. But only with a work visa. If they piss us off, they'd have to leave. Maybe the illegals would put them to work in Mexico, because that's where all of them would be. BACK in their home country.
No more special treatment for 'groups'. I don't care if you are a fag, a minority or ...whatever. Everybody is EQUAL. Nobody is MORE equal. I don't care who your ancestors are or were. If you care that much, keep it to yourself or write a friggin book and see if you can make a buck over it.
Read my lips...no more taxes. Import tariffs work just fine.
Want wheat? Great. We want oil. Maybe we can work a trade.
Besides, we got tons of oil in Alaska and it's time we tap some of it. Like your crude dark or light? Shale? Sweet? We got tons of it.
Wanna go solar? Knock yourself out. Just don't expect the rest of the country to do it, cuz it ain't feasible everywhere. Just because it works in Taos doesn't mean it will work in Wisconsin. Dumbasses.
Stop Global Whining. The AlGore will be Public Enemy Number 1 until he finally admits is was a scam. Once he admits he was lying through his friggin teeth, we'll take him off the list. Until then, his Secret Service protection will be removed and the truth will be given to the masses and all those millions he's scammed from the public...well, let's just say that peeps don't like being screwed when it comes to their pocketbook.
The two party system would be dismantled. Or at least have a monkey wrench tossed in. I prefer the idea of a 'Nationalist' party myself. My motto is, 'If it ain't good for the country as a whole, then I can't support it.' Screw the whole 'right vs left'. I support the USA. Freedom First. God, country, family, mom and apple pie...the whole friggin thing. Cuz dammit, this is the USA. Somebody hum the national anthem in the background and bring me a soapbox, cuz the Padre has me going now...
I say it's time. It's time to tear up Man's Laws and reinstate God's Laws! We have the one law that matters the most. The law of the land. The US Constitution and if the laws we've passed in the past can't hold up under her shadow then they aren't legal. They should put to the shredder!
It's time to tell the suits in D.C. that we've had enough! God granted us our Rights and MAN cannot infringe upon them! If MAN can infringe upon a God given right then we were never truly free! We were subjects, not citizens! No man is above God's will and it was God's will that this country thrive. At no time were we forcing people to worship Him, we only made it possible for the people of this great country to do so openly. But it's not that way anymore. Now, one has to tolerate every other faith and hide your love of Him. We have to act as though we are ashamed of being a Christian, even though this country was FOUNDED on His priniciples?!
Well, I say NO MORE!
We need to let them know that the line is drawn and the time is now.
Perhaps it is time that EVERY man don his crown. Let every King of ever castle stand and say that enough is enough. Let every wolf in sheep's clothing remove his wool and bare his teeth and say, "No MORE!"
Perhaps it is time that every able bodied man take up his plow and beat it back into a sword and declare that today is the day! Take up his arms and turn them to the District and say that this day is the last! We shall be heard! Our voices shall be one and our voices say that you are no longer our King! We control our own destinies!
The King is dead, Long live the Kings!

Or we could all just go get a beer and see what's on TV?
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 28 Jan 2009, 16:19

That's a lot of text.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 28 Jan 2009, 16:40

That was before I fell off my soapbox. So I decided maybe we should just go get a beer and see what was on TV... :(
I think I hurted something.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**