Glow Ammo Cold Tracers - Has anyone used them yet?

General reloading

Moderator: Grantness

iFire
custom title: FsN | PS90

Glow Ammo Cold Tracers - Has anyone used them yet?

Post by iFire » 16 Feb 2011, 07:40

So I just ran across these- I think their new? Has anyone seen them in person or used them yet?

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/i ... AT1K8189MM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" [/size]value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FAhorw0NwcU&re ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FAhorw0NwcU&re ... &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Last edited by iFire on 08 May 2011, 11:27, edited 3 times in total.

Bones
custom title: Bones

Re: Glow Ammo Cold Tracers - Has anyone used them yet?

Post by Bones » 16 Feb 2011, 18:41

satellitedr3ams wrote:ahhhh looks fun i love tracers!
Me to but the cleaning part sucks :(

tparty

Post by tparty » 17 Feb 2011, 14:36

I saw these a few days ago. In addition to having tried them, would appreciate info from anybody who could explain how they work. The box makes the tracers look like little buttons--do they go under the bullet? If so, are they cut to fit? Guess I'm a sucker for these types of novelties, although my carry mags contain 3 rounds of Elite Ammunition Trident T6, 1 round of IlluminaTOR, 3 rounds of Elite Ammunition Trident T6, etc. Primarily in case of a nighttime situation...

Bones
custom title: Bones

Post by Bones » 17 Feb 2011, 18:02

tparty wrote:I saw these a few days ago. In addition to having tried them, would appreciate info from anybody who could explain how they work. The box makes the tracers look like little buttons--do they go under the bullet? If so, are they cut to fit? Guess I'm a sucker for these types of novelties, although my carry mags contain 3 rounds of Elite Ammunition Trident T6, 1 round of IlluminaTOR, 3 rounds of Elite Ammunition Trident T6, etc. Primarily in case of a nighttime situation...
Wow the 5.7 at night? Have you seen the fireball from the end of one at night? Its blinding like shooting a 357 or 10mm.

I8asquirrel

Post by I8asquirrel » 08 May 2011, 10:35

Fun but tracers point both ways...

Valorius
Banned
custom title: 5.7 proponent

Post by Valorius » 08 May 2011, 18:22

Bones wrote:
tparty wrote:I saw these a few days ago. In addition to having tried them, would appreciate info from anybody who could explain how they work. The box makes the tracers look like little buttons--do they go under the bullet? If so, are they cut to fit? Guess I'm a sucker for these types of novelties, although my carry mags contain 3 rounds of Elite Ammunition Trident T6, 1 round of IlluminaTOR, 3 rounds of Elite Ammunition Trident T6, etc. Primarily in case of a nighttime situation...
Wow the 5.7 at night? Have you seen the fireball from the end of one at night? Its blinding like shooting a 357 or 10mm.
I've done a LOT of night shooting with systems much bigger than a Five Seven, the muzzle flash is nowhere near as big an issue as people make it out to be, with regards to blinding yourself at night.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 08 May 2011, 20:19

Some people say they get blinded by it. I shot the model C 9mm glock for a night qualification course and shoot the FsN at night matches.

It must be different for different people.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.