Where do you buy online?

Forum for discussing factory & reloading non-5.7x28mm ammunition.
fzr confused

Where do you buy online?

Post by fzr confused » 21 Jan 2011, 12:40

I'm looking to get 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39. Now I've shot a few thousand rounds of the cheapest wolf and I like it and never had any problems with it. I've also shot a lot of silver bear as well. I have never shot brown bear, but I see it's pretty cheap which is my goal here.

That being said where do you all prefer to shop? Anyone ever heard of or bought from ammunitionshop.com? I'm looking at cheaper than dirt as well, but I know they are legit :)

romer522

Re: Where do you buy online?

Post by romer522 » 21 Jan 2011, 12:50

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8788" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've bought from Wideners, Aim Surplus, Ammunition To Go.

But I heard the Yugo 7.62x39 is good stuff, and I don't think anyone else has any in stock.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 21 Jan 2011, 12:52

fzr confused wrote:I'm looking to get 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39. Now I've shot a few thousand rounds of the cheapest wolf and I like it and never had any problems with it. I've also shot a lot of silver bear as well. I have never shot brown bear, but I see it's pretty cheap which is my goal here.

That being said where do you all prefer to shop? Anyone ever heard of or bought from ammunitionshop.com? I'm looking at cheaper than dirt as well, but I know they are legit :)
IMO brown bear/silver bear/golden bear > wolf because of gas considerations.

never heard of ammunitionshop.com

I use my dealer friend who is also a match director and sponsored our shoot. He sells me ammunition at his prices. Sadly, I pretty much shoot just 5.7x28mm which he doesn't stock. 9mm is pretty much $10 everywhere. If I have to order out; Palmetto State Armory, ammunitiontogo.com, aimsurplus.com

Not in any significant order. Palmetto is good for bulk, so is aimsurplus. Natcheszz is good for better ammunition. Hope that helps bro.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 21 Jan 2011, 13:04

Thanks for the tips, totally forgot about ammunition to go.

As for the Yugo rounds, they have a corrosive primer but are brass instead of steel cased. I clean my guns after each trip anyway, so would this matter to me? Does it shorten shelf life?

Also what is the deal with the attracting a magnet? I get why one would or would not, but should I care? Like I said I normally shoot the cheapest crap I can through my AK....

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 21 Jan 2011, 13:09

fzr confused wrote:Thanks for the tips, totally forgot about ammunition to go.

As for the Yugo rounds, they have a corrosive primer but are brass instead of steel cased. I clean my guns after each trip anyway, so would this matter to me? Does it shorten shelf life?

Also what is the deal with the attracting a magnet? I get why one would or would not, but should I care? Like I said I normally shoot the cheapest crap I can through my AK....
No problem. No, no, no, no, and keep up the good work! :)
Shoot more, worry less.

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 21 Jan 2011, 13:16

Thanks! I'm finally getting back to rebuilding my stock, after my tax return I can load back up on 5.56 and 5.7 now that I have a ps90 I'm sure 1500 rounds (not including any EA) will not last long at all :(

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 21 Jan 2011, 13:28

Yeah, bro. After the FsN Adventure shoot, my 5.7 is hurting pretty badly, I had to use my stock stuff that I'm supposed to save for emergencies. I guess it was an emergency! Haha. 1500 rounds will last you ... about 10 range trips... basically a few months to be optimistic...

:)

I shot 1000 rounds in 4 days in the FsN the first week I got it. And I'm not the type to "blast incessantly". I was target shooting. Yeah.... that's with a 20 round mag loaded to 10 rounds each time.

Think about what your 50 rounder will do. HAHAHA :lmao: suckerrrrr
Shoot more, worry less.

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 21 Jan 2011, 13:52

1500 would last me about 7-10 range trips if it was just my FsN, but I'll be lucky to get 3 trips out of it now haha. I got a dozen mags for the 90 too so I am screwed! But it will be fun!

hookdriver

Post by hookdriver » 21 Jan 2011, 19:05

Try ammoman.com All their prices include shipping. Sometimes you can find stuff cheaper on other websites but when you add in the shipping, ammoman usually wins. Sportsmansguide.com will sometimes beat ammoman if you are a member of the buyers club. Cheers

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 24 Jan 2011, 10:17

Thanks for the help everyone :) ended up sending it my DL Friday night, got an email back this morning saying they got it and now have a case (1260) of that Yugo ammo coming :)

fisherman

Post by fisherman » 28 Jun 2011, 22:26

Wanted ss198 cases