The problem with Gun Broker

Forum for discussing factory & reloading non-5.7x28mm ammunition.
flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

The problem with Gun Broker

Post by flyingirish04 » 19 May 2009, 18:03

So I always spin through the listings on Gunbroker for 5.7 relate stuff. I found a guy clearly trying to sell 192 ammo as if it were banned. Here is the link:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =129209928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I sent him this:

Not banned, just discontinued. Their is zero 5.7 ammo that is banned.
Just some that is restricted. 190 and 191 by the BATFE and 193 and 198 by
FN themselves.

This guy responds with:

Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:40:43
> To: mark bowden<sigers@bellsouth.net>
> Subject: RE: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item
> 129209928

mind your own business

So now I know he knows he is lying his butt off, so I persist:

Quit lying then. You realize you could be held libel for such actions right? Not to mention that GB could ban you from selling ever again. This email should do the trick to show them your intent to mislead.

Didn't want to get nasty, but clearly you are not ethical in the way you do your business.

He responds:

> As I said keep your big fucking nose
> out, if you read what I say you dumb bitch, it says banned
> from further import,you are one of those busy body's
> with nothing better to do.if you are not buying shut the
> [profanity] up.stop e-mailing otherwise I will report you for
> harassment, you are nothing to do with gun broker, so go
> away.

Go away, now why would I do that? Besides, how does he have a big nose. I have a very nice nose actually, not to big, not to small.

So, I email this back:

Hey buddy get this: I am one of those guys that doesn't appreciate unethical sellers on Gun Broker, destroying its reputation. You are a disgrace to businessmen. It is not banned from further import, it is discontinued. By saying it is banned from importation is FALSE, making you either a fool, or a LIAR. In truth you are probably both. Sellers like you give all other responsible people on GB a bad name. Sell it for what you want, but do it honestly, or you suffer the consequences, even if those consequences are only the emails of concerned patrons. Nothing of what you posted is correct. Stop taking it out on me because some one caught you trying to mislead purchasers. Go ahead and report me to GB. I would love to explain to them why I was so concerned with your ad. I am sure I am not the first person to bring your attention to this ad.

What I wanted to write was this:

Hey numbnuts, get this: I am one of those guys that doesn't appreciate unethical sellers on Gun Broker, destroying its reputation. You are a disgrace to businessmen. It is not banned from further import, you doltish degenerate, it is discontinued. By saying it is banned from importation is FALSE, making you either a fool, or a LIAR. In truth you are probably both. Idiots like you give all other responsible people on GB a bad name. Sell it for what you want, but do it honestly, or you suffer the consequences, even if those consequences are only the emails that I will bombard you with on a daily basis. Nothing of what you post is correct. Stop being pissy because some one caught you trying to mislead purchasers. Clearly you shouldn't even own ammunition, much less firearms with the kind of sociapathy that you possess.

For good measure, I have recoreded you IP address and forwarded it to GB with your email train. We will let them see what they think of that. If they do nothing, oh well, you will always have me!

BTW, I see you sent your reply on a Blackberry Wireless Handheld. Any chance that is your company issue phone? Do they allow you to carry on non company related enterprises on that phone?

Hugs and Kisses,
Ryan

The guys name is Mark Bowden, his GB name is 'redlands'. His email is sigers@bellsouth.net. Whatever you do, do not buy from him.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

gotants

Re: The problem with Gun Broker

Post by gotants » 19 May 2009, 18:47

I sent him this message via thru GB and wondering how he will respond..
I see you are selling FN SS192 but your listing says it is banned. This is not true and even the can you show is of recently released SS192.

I would like to buy some boxes if you have more but I will only pay what the current prices have been (I bought 10 boxes of the same lot from Ray Tanners for $25)

And since I'm in south florida too, I was wondering if I could pick it up?

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 19 May 2009, 18:53

Hell, EA should just start selling their stuff via GunBroker with prices like this!

ULTRA BANNED SUPER ULTRA EXTREME RAPTOR $500/box!

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 19 May 2009, 19:01

WOOOOAHHHH!!! It says ULTRA BANNED!!!! That makes it twice as good!!!!!!!!!! A thousand bucks!!!

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 19 May 2009, 19:15

I sent him one. Can't wait for the response. I wish you could report people easily thru gunbroker
Embrace the Suck

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator

Post by MrSlippyFist » 19 May 2009, 19:19

One thing I thought we could do.... if someone is moving a lot of ammo - buy a box and then on the feedback say "After I got the ammo I did some research and it is not banned, in fact it's easier to get locally, and cheaper - I was scalped!"
Embrace the Suck

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator

Post by MrSlippyFist » 19 May 2009, 19:28

Me:
--- begin message ---

So what exactly makes this banned ammo? Because I can buy it locally dirt
cheap and I'm not a cop, and from what I can tell - there is plenty of it.
So what's the deal? Cashing in on the panic buying?

--- end message ---
Him:
"mark bowden" <sigers@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Tue 19/05/09 8:16 PM
To:

"'MrSlippyFist'"
Priority: Normal
Subject:

RE: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item 129209928

Well go buy it then

LOL Then I get this:
And you accuse me of cashing in, what a joke....

Hi, It's MrSlippyFist from the best FsN forum around. You'll be saying WOW
every time you shoot this round. It's simply the hottest factory ammo you
can get in 5.7x28! Use it for your PS90 or your FsN or your AR57. SS198LF
holds 20 times it's own weight in liquid, it just does the work! Wash your
brass in the washing machine! It's designed in Belgium, you know the
Belgians make good stuff. You can reload the brass, use the cardboard box as
a bathmat, Olympic shooters, well they would shoot EA - Shoot your ugly
sweaters with this round - anything you want! Don't bother with that
overpriced wimpy SS195, that'll just dirty up your gun - there's your
mildew. We're gonna do this in real time, you following me camera man? No -
you didn't follow because this round is too fast! It's not banned, neither
is SS192 - but other infomercials might tell you different (shame on you,
cashing in on the panic buying). Know your local laws, not available in
stores! You'll be saying WOW everytime. If you buy it now - cuz we can't do
this all day - I'll include an empty 500 round SS198LF box! Here's how to
order! MO/Certified check only, S/H is $30. Email first if you want to pay
with another method. *Not in Stores *Made in Belgium *Beware of Imitators
*Not banned, neither is SS192 (This auction does not include a chamois.)
ABSOLUTELY NO SALES OUTSIDE OF CALIFORNIA
To which I respond:
That's exactly right! How perceptive of you! It is a joke. People are dumb, as you well know selling ammo anyone can buy anywhere as "banned", but not dumb enough to buy one box of shitty ammunition at $200. Did you read between the lines in my auction? It's a pun directed at people who bought SS198LF for $14 a box and are laughing all the way to the bank. Please don't bother bidding because I only sell to CALIFORNIA! HAHAHA Douche.
Embrace the Suck

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 19 May 2009, 19:52

Its not just GB, I've seen it go for between 30.00 and 90.00 @ gun shows. Kid in
Houston was selling (Trying) for 90.00, walked by and stared cracking up.
Did find some mags at the show this weekend for 70.00 :thumb:

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 19 May 2009, 19:56

The guy is an idiot. I hope his stuff sells for 21.90, where it is at now. I bet he bought it for 30.00 bucks.

tejohnson
custom title: a nobody

Post by tejohnson » 19 May 2009, 20:08

Sent:
Hello, I noticed your ad states that SS192 is banned. FN recently dumped a good bit of SS192 back on the market. Given it is not AP ammo, why do you claim that it is banned?
Besides the inaccuracy, his price is actually the lowest of some of the folks that are selling off 192. A lot of people have bought into a myth that 192 was "banned from import". My question is, was it really imported? Looking at his auction, it has a lot# of FNB08-002. I would assume that it was loaded in 2008? Post ban? (lol) Things just don't add up.

Is there a "real" story for 192? Also, a good article update on the true history would be awesome to have in the Wiki so we can simply send references to the Wiki page ;)

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator

Post by MrSlippyFist » 19 May 2009, 20:23

His last email was so retarded that I won't even post it. I've had more cerebral conversations with plants.
Embrace the Suck

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 19 May 2009, 21:07

even ATG has 192 for $29.95 a box. Has anyone found the sale of 198 for a reasonable price yet?

sabotteur
custom title: Big Dog Outfitters

Post by sabotteur » 20 May 2009, 03:58

Copes is still selling it for $29.99 a box also.

I have to admit I sold a few boxes right before the huge onslot of new stuff for $50 a box, but at the time that was the market price.

I love the responses though. I've gotten some nasty responses from GB people just for asking an indepth question that had nothing critical in it. Lots of people on GB trying to take advantage of the ignorant.

gotants

Post by gotants » 20 May 2009, 04:20

Here's the response I got....

sorry cannot do,lowest I ever sold $27.50 sold 20 boxes the other day for
$38.50

Will he sell it for $27.50? :ponder:

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 20 May 2009, 12:58

Man, I am blessed to live in TX. Down the road about 10 minutes is a small reloading shop that always has ammo in stock. Then, up in Tomball, they usually have most calibers at decent prices in a pawn shop of all places. The big stores have empty shelves, but we still have the old fashioned small stores that are not trying to rip you off, and always are stocked with what you need. As for the summer temperatures, gasp. The police ranges are all outside and for four months it's just too hot to be outdoors.
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 20 May 2009, 13:55

Sometimes it is good to be in Houston. Can find ammo most times and then ammotogo.com is in Brenham maybe 30 minutes from my place. I can tell you its not just Gunbroker, dealers are playing this game for all its worth also. Go to a gun show and tell me that ammunition sellers aren't pushing the "chicken little menatlity" to the masses. I saw ammo going for crazy amounts and idiots are standing in line for the chance to get "taken" Bought my local Academy Sports supply of Monarch .45 which was 17.95 a box. Some dumbass at the Reliant Center collectors show was trying to sell it for 39.95. People selling SS192 from 30.00 to 50.00, was able to find some xm193 at a descent price. Anyone know what the "x" stands for. I read that it is for rounds that do not meet military standards??

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator

Post by MrSlippyFist » 20 May 2009, 14:14

Well, by all that logic, it's great to be in Californee-I-A! (Can't be a true statement) My local shops have always had their shelves well stocked, and the prices haven't been out of hand.
Embrace the Suck

romer522

Post by romer522 » 20 May 2009, 14:22

toyslr wrote:Sometimes it is good to be in Houston. Can find ammo most times and then ammotogo.com is in Brenham maybe 30 minutes from my place. I can tell you its not just Gunbroker, dealers are playing this game for all its worth also. Go to a gun show and tell me that ammunition sellers aren't pushing the "chicken little menatlity" to the masses. I saw ammo going for crazy amounts and idiots are standing in line for the chance to get "taken" Bought my local Academy Sports supply of Monarch .45 which was 17.95 a box. Some dumbass at the Reliant Center collectors show was trying to sell it for 39.95. People selling SS192 from 30.00 to 50.00, was able to find some xm193 at a descent price. Anyone know what the "x" stands for. I read that it is for rounds that do not meet military standards??
Some swear its .mil seconds, or stuff that didn't make the cut for one reason or another. Some swear its 100% in spec, some say they have had problems with this latest stuff that's become available in the last year or so.

I bout a couple thousand last year for $350 per 1k but i haven't shot but a few rounds.

Was it on strippers or in the black boxes?

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 20 May 2009, 14:26

Lake City brown 20 round per box, case of 1000. Not sure where I saw the article that stated the "x" designated mil seconds. Have to try an find it again

jmz5
Site Admin
custom title: Proprietor

Post by jmz5 » 20 May 2009, 14:48

I had a case of '08 XM193, they all went off without a hitch.
كاف