are these any good?

Forum for discussing factory & reloading non-5.7x28mm ammunition.
fzr confused

are these any good?

Post by fzr confused » 26 Dec 2008, 18:24

on my search to stock pile as much as possible i have gotten to my ak....i have pretty much only ever fired wolf ammo through it since it is the cheapest i can get and well, its a damn ak and shoots everything just as inaccurate (although it is pretty accurate for what it is) no matter what you shoot. well i have found these
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/7_62x39.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and was just wondering if anyone has used them before? also, is that a good price? of course i am asking these questions without even knowing if they have any in stock :wall: . another reason for these over wolf, besides not being able to find much, is so i can start reloading as well...i have a decent supply of ammo for all of my guns besides the ak and the g3, so i gotta find some cheap .308 too. my g3 shoots the silver bear better than any other round i have put into it, so when i find it i buy as much as i can, but i havent been able to find it in large quantities in awhile :(

stg2ahn

Re: are these any good?

Post by stg2ahn » 26 Dec 2008, 18:36

Yes, they are military grades surplus ammo..
Brass is better than steel, but not like it really matters on an ak.
I suggest buying an entire can and storing it for emergencies.

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 26 Dec 2008, 19:16

yeah, i was looking at getting the 1120rd package. and i know it dont matter in an ak, but at least i can reload the brass, lol

69ranchero351c

Post by 69ranchero351c » 26 Dec 2008, 20:52

2 things i see about it. one it is corrosive so it will be a PITA cleanin the gun like crazy every time you shoot it. second isn't it a major PITA to reload Berdan primed casings. forgive me if im wrong im still learning about reloading.

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 26 Dec 2008, 21:00

i have no idea about those primers....i have only done reloading with my uncles and they do most of the work and have the knowledge. my buddy got a dillon 550b for Christmas so we will start doing it locally.

Krull

Post by Krull » 28 Dec 2008, 09:54

fzr confused wrote:yeah, i was looking at getting the 1120rd package. and i know it dont matter in an ak, but at least i can reload the brass, lol
That is if you can find the brass! :laugh:

Was shooting my AK once,could not find the casings (they weren't brass but I wanted them out of the way) though I looked all over my patio drove me crazy since I was dead center and the only thing to my right was my block buliding........

Almost a year later I had a need to go up on the block buliding's roof-guess what I found?

I was about ten or fifteen feet from it and the roof is about twelve foot tall,also the casings were about dead center,the buliding is 18X18.

The AK has some ejection! :guns:

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 28 Dec 2008, 12:19

Quite true, at the range, the guy a couple lanes over keeps your head bombarded via ejection. Back to the Wolf issue-- doubtful you can find a PD using the stuff. It simply is dirty.
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 28 Dec 2008, 14:24

Yea it does shoot the casings pretty far, but a brass catcher fixes that problem. And I agree about the wolf ammo being dirty, that is why I won't use it in my ar ;)