Mossberg Disassembly with Knoxx SpecOps?

The section for big boomers.
Gatorr
custom title: Nobody important

Mossberg Disassembly with Knoxx SpecOps?

Post by Gatorr » 20 Jun 2010, 12:10

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I have a Mossberg 590A1 that I stuck a Knoxx SpecOps recoil-reducing stock on. I don't use the thing very much, and this had never occurred to me at all until yesterday -

I was going to completely disassemble the thing completely and detail clean it for the first time since the stock has been on there. The problem is - with the SpecOps covering up the back of the trigger group, I can't get the damn thing out of the gun! :wall:

Am I just an idiot, or do you have to completely take the stock off to disassemble a Mossberg? :skep:

I remember how annoying it was to put on - with that stupid Allen wrench with the ball on the end, so, if you really can't disassemble it without removing the SpecOps, then I assume it's probably best to not detail clean it, unless it gets REAL nasty up in there.

Any help or wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks!

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Re: Mossberg Disassembly with Knoxx SpecOps?

Post by Vortec MAX » 21 Jun 2010, 07:35

The Blackhawk stock has to come off to get the trigger group out. The Mesa Tactical stock has to come off to get it out as well. Just plan on taking it off each time you want to clean it good.

Mike

Gatorr
custom title: Nobody important

Re: Mossberg Disassembly with Knoxx SpecOps?

Post by Gatorr » 21 Jun 2010, 10:35

Vortec MAX wrote:The Blackhawk stock has to come off to get the trigger group out. The Mesa Tactical stock has to come off to get it out as well. Just plan on taking it off each time you want to clean it good.

Mike
Dang it. I was afraid of that. Thanks a lot Mike.