AK47 optics and accuracy improval

Talk about your favorite longguns here.
Sniperjoe
Gold Member
custom title: What is love?

AK47 optics and accuracy improval

Post by Sniperjoe » 05 Oct 2008, 17:01

Do you guys know of any good optics for the AK47 rifle, im actually checking out the PSO 1 scopes, like the ones on the SVD and sticking it on one of those dust covers with the rail on it (i figure itl make it easier to swich between the irons and the scope :D ). Would you consider this a good chice of optic for the AK and if so where i can pick one up and for what price?

Also does anyone know if theres anyhting out their that i can use to improve the AKs acuracy a bit?

Thanks

stg2ahn

Re: AK47 optics and accuracy improval

Post by stg2ahn » 05 Oct 2008, 21:06

I recommend a UTG forearm quadrail with an aimpoint or eotech. A QD mount would also help if you really want to use the iron sights.
The russian optic is confusing to use and they are fixed power.
I would only use that POS, i mean, PSO optic on a romak psl.
just my 2 cents.

The UTG rail is rigid and won't budge. some junk rails out there do move around a lot. I also tried those receiver cover picatinny rails and they are crap. They move around a lot.

Considering the range and ballistics of the 7.62x39 I really wouldn't recommend a scope, if you have to have a scope, I wouldn't get anything over 4x.

Sniperjoe
Gold Member
custom title: What is love?

Post by Sniperjoe » 08 Oct 2008, 06:56

stg2ahn wrote:I recommend a UTG forearm quadrail with an aimpoint or eotech. A QD mount would also help if you really want to use the iron sights.
The russian optic is confusing to use and they are fixed power.
I would only use that POS, i mean, PSO optic on a romak psl.
just my 2 cents.

The UTG rail is rigid and won't budge. some junk rails out there do move around a lot. I also tried those receiver cover picatinny rails and they are crap. They move around a lot.

Considering the range and ballistics of the 7.62x39 I really wouldn't recommend a scope, if you have to have a scope, I wouldn't get anything over 4x.
The thing is i realy want to keep my orginal wood on the rifle, so i dont want to get another forearm.
The reason i like the PSO is because it actaully looks fairly interesting, i dont mind the fixed power or anything like that cuz im only going to wind up using this thing for mid ranged shots anyway. I dont know though, im still debating it. One question i have though is can you use the rangefinder the7.62x54 model PSO has on the on a 7.62x39 rifle?

I didnt know that about the dust cover rails, it seemd like a good concept but if there garbadge then f**k it.

The only reason i want a scope is to do a few longer ranged shots, i also want one for hunting. Thats the reason i want to be able to still use the irons and take the scope on and off quickly, i actually like the irons and still will probly be using them a majority of the time anyway so i definatly dont want an optic that will take away the use of them.

oh btw, thank you for your help

Ariac

Post by Ariac » 08 Oct 2008, 08:35

I have an ak, and 91/30 Pu and in my experience the rounds are different in trajectories (sp?). I think that would negate the use of a rangfinding scope designed for either one. I have heard nothing but bad about the rails that go on the cover for the ak. No personal experience since i took other peoples word on them.

Krull

Post by Krull » 13 Nov 2008, 13:33

Get a Russain side rail mount for it,then get a side mount with a weaver type on top and get some rings~then get whatever scope you fancy,and fits (big arsed scopes with huge objectives may get hung up on the front sight)

Go here for parts.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here's the rails and mounts for it.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;