Holy EFF!!! ACR!!?!?!?!!!!

Talk about your favorite longguns here.
smpsmp

Re: Holy EFF!!! ACR!!?!?!?!!!!

Post by smpsmp » 05 Sep 2012, 19:31

Well mine finally showed up. What interested me off the get go was it's stamped Ilion, NY which makes sense since Bushmaster doesn't own the Windham plant anymore. Other thing was it shipped from Tenn. Thought that was kinda odd.

I did file and sand down the safety on the one side, it was annoying my trigger finger when indexing on the side of the gun. Put a set of troy sights on, a foward grip and rail covers, and ordered my T1 awhile, so just waiting on that.

Next thing will be the Geiselle trigger for the ACR, another magnifier, then a new barrel and then the SBR route down to 12.5 inches. This is going to be long running project I imagine.

Overall, I got what I expected. It's nothing to do back flips over, but it will serve a purpose. Then again I can't remember doing back flips over any gun I own.

Would post pics, but my phone's camera sucks.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 05 Sep 2012, 20:21

Do they have the other caliber conversions for it out yet?
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

smpsmp

Post by smpsmp » 06 Sep 2012, 19:40

Negative ghostrider, no caliber conversions yet.

The T1 came into today, so that's on it now (our aimpoint sales guy is always fast, plus he's only in VA).

As far as re-barreling goes, I'm going to stick with 5.56. Just going to replace it with a better barrel (probably a Noveske, or a DD barrel if I feel like spending less), and then install a set screw in the gas block so it's not over gassed. The only conversion I'd care to have would be 300 blackout since I have an AR in one now, setup to reload for it, and have a can for it. But not in any real rush as of now.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 06 Sep 2012, 20:03

should replace it with krieger :D
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

smpsmp

Post by smpsmp » 06 Sep 2012, 21:07

I'm thinking DD more and more. I can buy their barrels for about 180 at the shop, and I'm not going to get anywhere near the accuracy my AR has with the Noveske. I'll have to check and see what I can get FN's barrels (the ones spikes and PSA sell) for, cause if it's a lil less I might even consider that.

The big part of my decision will be if I can get FN barrels already at 12.5 like I can with DD. If I can't then DD it is, and if I can then who knows. But that's just me being lazy and not wanting to cut and crown the barrel.