SLIDEFIRE BUTTSTOCK

Talk about your favorite longguns here.
jckilla
custom title: jckilla

SLIDEFIRE BUTTSTOCK

Post by jckilla » 05 Nov 2012, 11:29

Anyone used the SlideFire Stock on their AR-15 or AK-47 yet? Really interested in getting one after watching the videos and seeing the application possibilities. Makes your AR-15 ( or AK-47 ) fully automatic ( completely legal ) Check it out - http://www.slidefire.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: SLIDEFIRE BUTTSTOCK

Post by Rapier1772 » 05 Nov 2012, 13:27

Did a search for "slidefire" & came up with these:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13094&hilit=slidefire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11421&hilit=slidefire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

NLVMike

Post by NLVMike » 05 Nov 2012, 20:11

I use a slide-fire on my AR-15. It works as well or better than the youtube video. When I first tried to install it, apparently the buffer tube on my Bushmaster wasn't quite mil-spec. The stock did not slide smoothly. I took it by my LGS and had a DPMS buffer tube put on for $20, and the stock slid right on. I now go through copious amounts of ammo. I like to practice 3 and 5 shot bursts, but it is easy to go through a 30-rounder in less than 2 seconds. I'm pissed that I didn't invent that $300+ piece of plastic that must cost $10 to manufacture, but the fun factor is way high. (I'm a 49 year-old kid, btw).

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 05 Nov 2012, 20:47

They work.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

jckilla
custom title: jckilla

Post by jckilla » 06 Nov 2012, 02:52

i want to go ahead and put my order in, just need to know if my VTAC ( it has a JP single Stage Match Trigger ) will give it any problems. I read in the FAQ area on Slidefire's site, that they've had issues with "match" triggers, and 2 stage triggers, but i would think mine would be okay, considering it has the speed hammer and really is just a perfect crisp trigger, I don't see how it would cause problems, ( if it was a 2 stage trigger, i know it wouldn't work ) If anyone knows, here's a link to my VTAC - http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/Sm ... _rev3a.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Let me know if you think I should pass, or if it's worth to swap triggers out just to acquire the SlideFire. I love the look of this buttstock, looks a little light, but for it's purpose, it's an amazing invention, especially being able to pass BATFE with no issues. Hell, since my VTAC is the original and worth quite a bit, i might just get a colt M4 and add the SlideFire to it, either way, this is an item that ANY AR-15 owner would want, especially with it's ease of installation and ease of fire. It actually seems pretty controllable as well, since you're applying forward pressure on the handguard to make it work, so this vs true fully-auto, is damned close, and might even be able to control muzzle flip easier with this invention than a standard colt M4 fully auto, considering its forward pressure and not having to hold the handguard down so much when firing 30 or more rounds at a time. Anyways, i appreciate the input guys, and will be awaiting your responses before i order ( I do think $369 is a bit pricey ) but, considering they've got the patent on the Interface Block, and you have to buy the entire buttstock and block together as one, they've got a good niche for this market, ( AR-15 enthusiasts & fully-auto enthusiasts )- I don't know how long they'll be able to stay legal of some idiot does something stupid with it, so I think i should get it if that's even a remote possibility. - Thanks guys

jmz5
Site Admin
custom title: Proprietor

Post by jmz5 » 06 Nov 2012, 04:27

I have one, they do work. I even had it on a S&W 15-22. I took it off though, the novelty wears off pretty quick. Save your money.
كاف

Nightscope

Post by Nightscope » 15 Apr 2013, 19:56

Anyone used the SlideFire Stock on their AR-15 or AK-47 yet? Really interested in getting one after watching the videos and seeing the application possibilities. Makes your AR-15 ( or AK-47 ) fully automatic ( completely legal ) Check it out - http://www.slidefire.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My brother purchased one...it is fun for a bit but has no real purpose other than to go through ammo fast. Not worth spending around $300 for.

BTW...Does NOT make your firearm full-auto. It only simulates full-auto...hammer resets every time it fires. Just to clarify.