KRISS Super V

Talk about your favorite longguns here.
SoCal Gunner
custom title: WTF

KRISS Super V

Post by SoCal Gunner » 02 Jun 2012, 15:18

KRISS Super V

I have seen these things around and other than the different "look", never really paid any attention to them. I don't know, but the whole thing just seemed kind of gimmicky to me. Then again, how many people think that of the FS2000 or anything 5.7?

Fast forward a couple years and me running into a distributor that was set up at a local gun show that lets you "see it, shoot it, buy it". I talked with the guy at the booth who was really cool and knowledgeable about the firearm. He broke it down for me and then let me do it - super easy, even with that crazy bolt design. I handled both the rifle and pistol versions and shot the rifle version on the range. Ergonomics where really natural and I pinged away at the 50 yard plates with ease. The recoil from the .45ACP wasn't even noticeable.

Then the RO demoed both a Thompson full auto and a Kriss V in full auto (it's a .45 thing I guess). I think we've all seen the rise that comes with the old Chicago Typewriter. This model was firing at a rate of around 800 RPM. I watched as he fired the KRISS, knowing he wanted to highlight the lack of rise and noticed that he drifted right from center. I assume this was because the recoil was coming straight back at him. The RO stated that the KRISS fired at a rate of about 1400 RPM and slowed to the 1200 RPM range as it heated up.

What do you guys think of the KRISS? I enjoyed firing it as a novelty, but still not sure I could justify the price tag to have it as such.

srt-4_jon

Re: KRISS Super V

Post by srt-4_jon » 02 Jun 2012, 16:27

it cant reliably extract a non fired round. id rather a HK USC. they are around the same price but the mags are more expensive.

i also think there is already a thread on this. have you tried the mall ninja search function.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 02 Jun 2012, 18:15

srt-4_jon wrote:i also think there is already a thread on this. have you tried the mall ninja search function.
HA
Right you are: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10873" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got to handle one at a local dealer & personally, I did not like ergonomics. To each his/her own I guess.

Either that or there's no accounting for taste :p
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

SoCal Gunner
custom title: WTF

Post by SoCal Gunner » 03 Jun 2012, 04:53

Rapier1772 wrote: I got to handle one at a local dealer & personally, I did not like ergonomics. To each his/her own I guess.

Either that or there's no accounting for taste :p
Of all the things you could have named about the KRISS that you didn't like, I'm stunned it's the ergonomics. It felt pretty natural to shoulder to me, but I do admit I did not have to go through any action (swap mags, charge, clear) at the line.

Now taste, I wouldn't have questioned that at all.

sib1948

Post by sib1948 » 04 Aug 2012, 05:48

I've had a Kriss Super V CRB since last November and I love it. It has been flawless and easy to clean. I am waiting for my NFA paperwork and will then send it back to Kriss to modify it to SBR. They charge $450 for the modification, but it maintains the lifetime warranty for the original owner. I got the CRB so I could enjoy shooting it while waiting for the paperwork for the SBR conversion. I know it's funky looking, but ergonomics are great and everyone at the range has been amazed at accuracy and low recoil.

Build quality is great (similar to my HK 556). Not like the sloppy SCAR's I have fired in semi and FA.

ShockedNKansas
custom title: G0 SH0X

Post by ShockedNKansas » 13 Aug 2012, 14:59

I molested a Kriss the other day after a guy was finished shooting it. Very smart how they accept Glock mags, very smart...

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 13 Aug 2012, 15:04

ShockedNKansas wrote:I molested a Kriss the other day after a guy was finished shooting it. Very smart how they accept Glock mags, very smart...

Even smarter when coping the Borchardt C-93 action to move to a coil spring.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz