Kriss

Talk about your favorite longguns here.
SeaHawkDriver-B
Location: Embarked on 2 acres of floating Soverign US Territory

Re: Kriss

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 31 Oct 2011, 22:22

Personally I dont like guns that look like dustbusters. The gun looks like a completely unnecessary design, with plastic where it doesn't even need plastic, just for the sake of appeasing some artist's concept... and I'm a Glock guy, so go figure.

That being said I have no idea how it functions, good luck with it if you buy it.

I own an HK UMP.45 SBR, its a decent weapon with great functionality and reliability, although the UMP is a polymer design that isn't nearly as robust as the metal-framed MP5 it was supposed to replace. Its also about 30% larger that it probably needs to be, compared to my other SMG's its the biggest, and borderline unweildy for a .45 SMG or carbine.

I will not be purchasing another carbine or smg in .45. I dont see a whole lot of use for them. Range toy... sure; Uses same type ammo as my pistols... sure, but that where it ends. My FNP 45 pistols pack 15 round magazines, have 5.3" barrels for pretty fantastic velocities, function flawlessly, and come standard with co-witness night sights for a reflex mount. If I'm going to fill both of my hands with a long gun, then i'm wasting my time with a .45 SMG, like the Kriss or the UMP. An SBR in 5.56, or even better an SBR in .300AAC can potentially be just as compact with much more devistating firepower and considerbly enhanced accuracy.

I'm sure .45 SMGs have their uses, but its just not something I'm going to spend money on. If I were you i'd invest in something you knew you were going to reach for if the SHTF... I dont think our country has too much time left before you might need it, and toting around range toys in your gun safe is a waste of money these days.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 01 Nov 2011, 07:44

SeaHawkDriver-B wrote:gure.

That being said I have no idea how it functions, good luck with it if you buy it.
It is a copy of the Borchardt C-93. Replace the flat coiled spring in the hump with a standard coil spring and you have a Kriss.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

srt-4_jon

Post by srt-4_jon » 01 Nov 2011, 11:21

SeaHawkDriver-B wrote:Personally I dont like guns that look like dustbusters. The gun looks like a completely unnecessary design, with plastic where it doesn't even need plastic, just for the sake of appeasing some artist's concept... and I'm a Glock guy, so go figure.

Look into the design and you will see why it looks like that. The whole point of the gun is very reduced muzzle rise from a FA 45 SMG. The bolt doesnt blow straight back, it goes back and down to accomplish that. In non FA form, it is just like any other civi SMG clone in a pistol caliber, a fun gun that looks like the real thing.

Visceral_Malice

Post by Visceral_Malice » 01 Nov 2011, 19:13

For those of you who have never seen it, this is the prototype of the kriss. This is just the purely functional, guts of the gun. Maybe now you can see why there is so much plastic on this gun :laugh:

sib1948

Post by sib1948 » 08 Nov 2011, 17:42

I have been thinking picking up a Kriss SBR, but have had trouble finding the high capacity Glock 21 Magazines. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. :thumb:

srt-4_jon

Post by srt-4_jon » 08 Nov 2011, 17:56

glock dosnt make the mags. kriss does.

sib1948

Post by sib1948 » 09 Nov 2011, 05:15

Thanks. I'll check with them. :D

sib1948

Post by sib1948 » 26 Nov 2011, 04:48

I picked up a Kriss Super V CRB for $1750 yesterday and plan to convert to SBR in 4-6 months when Class 3 papers come through. Put 350 rounds through it without any problems. Half Magtech 230 gr. FMJ and half Walmart Federal. With magnified EoTech sight 3inch groupings at 100 yards. Much less recoil than my 9 mm Colt AR 15. This innovative system works after early production problems, so worth a look for those of you who might be interested. :thumb: