new toy added to my colt collection

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
g24ported

new toy added to my colt collection

Post by g24ported » 16 Oct 2010, 18:49

i got this stainless steel colt gold cup 80 series from one of my friends today for a steal! its been sitting in his safe for about 15 years, he said he's only shot 3 mags threw it. it looks brand new

well here is a sucky cell phone pic...

here is the rest of my colt collection ...

brand new in box, unfired pre 70 series national match

brand new in box, unfired gold cup super elite 38 super

stainless 80 series 38 super, its compensated and has a 2lb trigger

brand new in box, unfired pre 70 series national match

brand new in box, unfired colt ACE 22lr

i call this the ''halfbreed'' lol its a auto-ordnance frame with a colt national match 38 special slide

mk IV 70 series national match

pre 70 series national match

80 series national match, with a colt 22 conversion

colt frame with a Kart 22 conversion slide

pre 70 series national match

colt delta elite 10mm slide on a springfield A1 frame, with springfield slide
Last edited by g24ported on 16 Oct 2010, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Re: new toy to add to my colt collection

Post by f3rr37 » 16 Oct 2010, 19:01

You need to get a camera. Nice collection, you should go shoot them.

g24ported

Post by g24ported » 16 Oct 2010, 19:03

i'd love to go shoot them but im so busy its hard to make time to go to the range.. and i've already ordered a camera waiting for it to get here

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 16 Oct 2010, 19:14

g24ported wrote: and i've already ordered a camera waiting for it to get here
Good call :)

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: new toy added to my colt collection

Post by Rapier1772 » 16 Oct 2010, 21:30

I was going to recommend foregoing the next gun & get a camera but Fuzz beat me to it. :laugh:
Or even a cell phone with a flash on it :D

Wait that is 13 guns - unlucky. HAVE to buy another one first :rules:

Helluva collection you have there :thumb:
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

g24ported

Post by g24ported » 17 Oct 2010, 07:49

lol i guess i will have to buy another one. i was going to post some pics of my custom built 1911's but there not colts so i didn't bother with it.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 17 Oct 2010, 08:07

Too bad you don't like Colts bro! LOL!
Nice collection. Methinks I'm jealous!
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

buckett
custom title: Firefighter

Post by buckett » 17 Oct 2010, 09:10

Oh man, I'm drooling... I love Colts... Absolutely love them... And I agree, these need to be your first pics taken with your new camera.
My goal in life: To be the next John Moses Browning.

It takes 43 muscles to frown... 17 muscles to smile... But only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze.

g24ported

Post by g24ported » 17 Oct 2010, 16:44

thanks, yeah i love colts..

i'll retake some pics when i get the camera in should be here tomarrow or tuesday.

HeavyDMP
custom title: AutoPistol Collector

Post by HeavyDMP » 17 Oct 2010, 21:33

Just awsome...I am jealous sir!

buckett

Post by buckett » 17 Oct 2010, 22:12

g24ported wrote:thanks, yeah i love colts..

i'll retake some pics when i get the camera in should be here tomarrow or tuesday.
Yeah, I've loved them since I was a kid. I've got 2 Colt Revolvers, no 1911's yet though. My first 1911 (and probably most if not all of the subsequent 1911's) will be a Colt. Love em.

It takes 43 muscles to frown... 17 muscles to smile... But only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze.

g24ported

Post by g24ported » 18 Oct 2010, 03:44

HeavyDMP wrote:Just awsome...I am jealous sir!
thanks but you should of seen my collection last year i had 13 colt mid ranges to go along with these.

g24ported

Post by g24ported » 18 Oct 2010, 03:46

buckett wrote:

Yeah, I've loved them since I was a kid. I've got 2 Colt Revolvers, no 1911's yet though. My first 1911 (and probably most if not all of the subsequent 1911's) will be a Colt. Love em.
colt and springfield are about the only 1911's i like..... i can't stand kimber

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 18 Oct 2010, 05:49

I started to say, 'some Kimbers are okay', but then I realized, there are people who absolutely LOVE Glocks and I hate the way they feel in my hand. To each their own, so...I understand. Everybody has their own tastes. I lean toward the P series of Rugers too. Love em. They just 'feel' right in my hand. Of course, I was raised shooting them, too.
Awesome collection you got there.
If you ever decide to leave them to somebody in your will, please keep me in mind! hehehe
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 18 Oct 2010, 07:12

Very nice collection

To each their own as well. I can't stand springfields, don't really get into colts (mainly because I think colts are way too expensive to have labeling that looks cheap and cheesy on the slide, and springfields are just overpriced). I love Kimbers. Their Custom shop outshoot anything.

That being said, helluva collection. Just couldn't let you slight kimbers like that unchallenged ;).
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

buckett

Post by buckett » 18 Oct 2010, 10:29

g24ported wrote:
buckett wrote:

colt and springfield are about the only 1911's i like..... i can't stand kimber
I haven't had too much experience with Kimbers, I do love colts, and I'm also a little bit curious about the new Remington R1... I still love the look of the originial M1911.

g24ported

Post by g24ported » 18 Oct 2010, 11:33

Cyberfly wrote:I started to say, 'some Kimbers are okay', but then I realized, there are people who absolutely LOVE Glocks and I hate the way they feel in my hand. To each their own, so...I understand. Everybody has their own tastes. I lean toward the P series of Rugers too. Love em. They just 'feel' right in my hand. Of course, I was raised shooting them, too.
If you ever decide to leave them to somebody in your will, please keep me in mind! hehehe

hah yeah most people can't stand glocks. but i like glocks but the only glocks i like are mine and there ported, have trigger work and different barrels.

glad yall didn't eat me up for not liking kimbers. lol

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 18 Oct 2010, 11:46

g24ported wrote:
Cyberfly wrote:I started to say, 'some Kimbers are okay', but then I realized, there are people who absolutely LOVE Glocks and I hate the way they feel in my hand. To each their own, so...I understand. Everybody has their own tastes. I lean toward the P series of Rugers too. Love em. They just 'feel' right in my hand. Of course, I was raised shooting them, too.

hah yeah most people can't stand glocks. but i like glocks but the only glocks i like are mine and there ported, have trigger work and different barrels.

glad yall didn't eat me up for not liking kimbers. lol
Haha nahh dude, you have to realize when we post, many times most of us know each other and how we opine; we may sound serious, like if I made fun of Brian or Tony's Kimbers etc. but we're really JOKING.

None of us here are stupid enough to generalize one gun is ALL THIS or ONLY THAT. We're just HALF-joshing around, really haha

I shot a 17C for my CHL qualification. It was 8pm at night and completely dark except for the headlights behind me. And it was raining. The V flames made for a very fun time.

You always gotta keep in mind, this isn't BARF.COM. When we speak on different firearms, it means we actually have experience with them or own them. We aren't quoting some "industry professional" or "ballistics expert". We take our guns, go out there, and DO WORK by ourselves, then gather first hand data.

How many times have you heard "Glocks can't fail" or "Daniel Defense blah blah blah". Well there will be one of us that will tell you we have firsthand seen any one of those fail. If yours is great, go shoot it and have fun, no use bothering what some retard over the internet who has seen more Anime than time behind a firearm training tell you sh*t about what you own. :thumb:
Last edited by blueorison on 18 Oct 2010, 11:50, edited 2 times in total.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 18 Oct 2010, 11:48

I don't mind glocks now that I know I have to shoot them like I shoot double action revolvers, using a six o'clock aiming position. I love their 20SF 10mm.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

g24ported

Post by g24ported » 18 Oct 2010, 15:59

[/quote]

Haha nahh dude, you have to realize when we post, many times most of us know each other and how we opine; we may sound serious, like if I made fun of Brian or Tony's Kimbers etc. but we're really JOKING.

None of us here are stupid enough to generalize one gun is ALL THIS or ONLY THAT. We're just HALF-joshing around, really haha

I shot a 17C for my CHL qualification. It was 8pm at night and completely dark except for the headlights behind me. And it was raining. The V flames made for a very fun time.

You always gotta keep in mind, this isn't BARF.COM. When we speak on different firearms, it means we actually have experience with them or own them. We aren't quoting some "industry professional" or "ballistics expert". We take our guns, go out there, and DO WORK by ourselves, then gather first hand data.

How many times have you heard "Glocks can't fail" or "Daniel Defense blah blah blah". Well there will be one of us that will tell you we have firsthand seen any one of those fail. If yours is great, go shoot it and have fun, no use bothering what some retard over the internet who has seen more Anime than time behind a firearm training tell you sh*t about what you own. :thumb:[/quote]

alright i get what your saying :thumb:

haha you like to say ''this isnt barf.com'' alot. i've seen that numerous times reading threads lol :lmao:

buckett

Post by buckett » 18 Oct 2010, 16:06

He wants to make it perfectly clear. And thank god it isn't. Hopefully he'll keep some of the riff raff out. lol.