Just got in a G22 RTF -

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
thehammer
Banned

Just got in a G22 RTF -

Post by thehammer » 01 Sep 2009, 13:33

Well I've been reading all the "Lemming posts" all over the Internet about the new G22 / G17 RTF framed Gen4 pistols. All the CryBabies that can't stand change of any kind, crying and whining like the INFANTS they are. Honestly, grown Men acting like little Girls crying that their latest Barbie didn't come with a Ken doll.

Anyway, I just got one of these in to check out and evaluate - just got it today so i haven't fired it however, I'm sure there won't be any changes in that regard standard Glock excellence as usual.

Got to tell you - these were extremely well thought out frame changes - the rough type frame (as they call it) is a pleasure to hold much more comfortable than the old G22, the slide serrations are actually functional (not just a change for change sake) but designed in such a way as to make the jacking of the slide easier yes your fingers fit into these fish gills and pulling back the slide is really easier, as stupid as that sounds - it really is. if you were thinking of one go for it you won't be sorry...

I will get some close up pictures up ASAP - Overall another impressive product by the folks at Glock

Urban Dictionary definition - LEMMING :

lemming

A member of a crowd with no originality or voice of his own. One who speaks or repeats only what he has been told. A tool. A cretin.
"Ya think he'll do it?"
"He's a lemming, he'll do anything he's told."

Lemming

1) A small, short-tailed rodent which lives in the tundra. It is said that large groups of these animals come together every so often to jump off of a cliff. On the contrary, they fall off quite by accident.

stg2ahn

Re: Just got in a G22 RTF -

Post by stg2ahn » 01 Sep 2009, 20:46

Generally speaking, I always felt that glock was falling behind the curve on keeping up with ergonomics when compared to other brands.
Hel*, even HK finally made their new polymer pistols, based of the USP off of the USP framework.

Change is good, and in this case the RTF changes are very subtle.
I thought the glock SF models were also going in the right direction.

I trust Glock and I will blindly trust their new products because IMHO, they can only be equal or better then the old GEN 1 glocks.

romer522

Re: Just got in a G22 RTF -

Post by romer522 » 01 Sep 2009, 21:51

I think they believe they will no longer be the standard pistol if they change/update.

Either that or the owners are going to ride the company into the sunset and just cash out till nobody wants glocks anymore. They have to have one of the highest profit margins of the gun companies.

When/If they make a G19 RTF in either OD or hopefully a FDE i'll be all over it.