mpa930t fourth of july failures

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
nrv216

mpa930t fourth of july failures

Post by nrv216 » 06 Jul 2013, 12:25

Hey guys,

I was doing some shooting this independence day and was shooting my mpa930t pistols when, all of a sudden, I noticed that one of the pistols did not appear to be feeding rounds completely into the chamber. I looked at the other and it was doing the same thing. Since the pistols are relatively new and I am not very familiar with them, I assumed that it just looked wonky and that both pistols could not have malfunctioned at the same time.

Well, I made the silly choice to try firing one of the pistols and quickly found out that the round was indeed out of battery. After pulling the small piece of aluminum from my finger, I stripped the guns and checked them out. Each pistol appeared to have a separated case neck stuck in the chamber. I had only shot about 50-75 rounds through each that day and do not see why this happened.

I was using factory new CCI BLAZER ammo which I have used for years without problems in other guns. I emailed masterpiece arms about the issue and will let you all know how they respond. Until then, any ideas?

nrv216
Last edited by nrv216 on 06 Jul 2013, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Re: mpa930t fourth of july failures

Post by blueorison » 06 Jul 2013, 16:06

man... Hope you feel better!

I've never viewed MPA as someone I would buy guns from; I would hope that yours gets fixed!
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

nrv216

Post by nrv216 » 06 Jul 2013, 17:33

Thanks blue. I am actually fine and only suffered a small wound on my finger and some numbness. I still have faith that mpa will take care of my pistols and will not pass judgment until this situation is resolved.

nrv216

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 07 Jul 2013, 10:58

Years ago I contacted them a couple times to BUY repeat BUY one of them, not hit them up for a free one, just so I could test it and also give them some free feedback. They never called back.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

nrv216

Post by nrv216 » 08 Jul 2013, 23:38

So,

I spoke with someone from MPA today and he basically told me that running aluminum or steel cased ammo through the mpa defender series is a no no. He told me that I could send the upper frame and barrel assemblies in and they would remove the separated tops of the aluminum casings free of charge. I opted to do it myself, and with a 20ga brass brush, a small pick, a hammer and an allen wrench (don't ask), I was able to remove an aluminum ring from one pistol and TWO rings from the chamber of the other pistol!

I was amazed to pull two separated aluminum case tops from one pistol. I also counted the CCI blazer rounds I had left and I had 42 from a box of 50. That means that three of the eight rounds that were fired failed due to separation. Pretty crazy! Anyway, I was satisfied with the customer service response from MPA and, pending a trip to the range, I am still happy with my pair of MPA930s. Thanks for reading!

nrv216