Why I Like Glocks

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
Post Reply
Amsdorf
Junior Member
Posts: 42
Joined: 12 Dec 2012, 16:06
custom title: VDMA
Location: Missouri

Why I Like Glocks

Post by Amsdorf » 03 Jul 2013, 07:45

Yes, the Glock is an ugly hunk of plastic and metal. Yes, it is ridiculed by some as the "tupperware" pistol. Yes, some people turn their noses down at the thought of a Glock. It's kind of "cool" to be anti-Glock, particularly on gun forums where some regard it as a mark of their knowledge of firearms to "hate the plastic pistol" etc. Others just don't like it because they think it is has, well, a face only a mother would love. There's nothing stylish about a Glock. On the other hand: they do what they are made to do, reliably. They are very easy to maintain. They require little by way of training to learn how to get it to go bang. Some hate that they have no external safety. With a round in the chamber, all you do is pull the trigger and it goes bang and you keep pulling the trigger until the magazine runs out of ammo. That's good, for some, bad for others.

But, frankly, I like Glocks because they have a proven track record of simply working. They just work.

So, without further ado: here is my "Why I Like Glock" video, and, as always, offered respectfully, FWIW, mindful that YMMV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whvb0uIch0k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
Posts: 3736
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 14:32
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Contact:

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by jgreenberg01 » 03 Jul 2013, 07:53

Wow, you sure did post this in a lot of forums. Trying to get more youtube views?

http://www.shootersforum.com/handguns/85580.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/showthread ... ost4050675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.usacarry.com/forums/handgun- ... locks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/handgun-misc/95763.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... &p=2633918" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20426204" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/topic/ ... ke-glocks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They just work? Please. They fail as often as any other gun does. Yes, they're ugly (IMHO) but then again, some people say the same thing about the FsN. File that statement under the "what ever floats your aesthetic boat" category.

Sorry, didn't watch the video. Don't care.
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

User avatar
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
Posts: 10628
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 14:28
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain
Contact:

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by blueorison » 03 Jul 2013, 08:25

Dude.

Wow.



This guy needs to go back to the airsoft forum.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Buffman
Silver Member
Posts: 2883
Joined: 12 Jan 2009, 22:48
Location: SW Michigan
Contact:

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by Buffman » 03 Jul 2013, 09:40

can someone whore my videos on a bunch of forums for me?

User avatar
Cyberfly
Global Moderator
Posts: 10605
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 18:44
custom title: Mens Room Attendant
Location: SE OKlahoma

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by Cyberfly » 03 Jul 2013, 10:17

I really don't want to waste my time watching the vid, but I'm curious, if anybody did...is it one of those vids that pays you once it gets so many hits?
If it is, then I see why he's posted it at so many forums. I guess I would to if I were trying to drum up revenue.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

User avatar
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
Posts: 3736
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 14:32
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Contact:

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by jgreenberg01 » 03 Jul 2013, 11:05

That's the way it works, yes. I don't promote my youtube vids but they do get me about $120/month. It works out to be around $0.004/view. I know that doesn't seem like a whole lot, but if you have 1000s of veiws/day, it does add up.

For me, it does pay for ammo. Well at least it did pay for ammo before all the price/availability nonsense kicked in.

FWIW, Tim from the Military Arms Channel started by posting his vids on all the gun forums and now he's doing stuff like flying off to Israel with the prez of IWI US to play with stuff like their new X95 rifle.

He's a lot more professional (and like-able) than Amsdorf and I am though.
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

Amsdorf
Junior Member
Posts: 42
Joined: 12 Dec 2012, 16:06
custom title: VDMA
Location: Missouri

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by Amsdorf » 03 Jul 2013, 12:58

Thanks for your interest. My YouTube channel is doing just fine, thank you very much.

I know it is shocking to think that somebody would dare to post a shooting video on a gun forum, which costs you nothing to watch, but there it is. Why it bothers some people is something I'll never understand, but frankly, could not care any less about if I tried. People have their little hang ups, and if getting their shorts in a twist over something like this is what they want to do, fine by me. :ponder:

I've recently gone over 5,000 subscribers and am now picking up around 800-1000 new subscribers per month.

The monthly revenue is very nice indeed. I'm making quite a tidy sum which covers new weapon acquisitions and ammo and ... most important ... keeps my wife tolerant of my gun hobby. :thumb:

User avatar
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
Posts: 10628
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 14:28
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain
Contact:

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by blueorison » 03 Jul 2013, 15:08

I hope the population of stupid people who own guns flock to your channel and others like NutnFancy, so that it keeps the idiots at bay, and off good ones like MAC and Greenberg's.

That way we don't have to deal with idiots.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Amsdorf
Junior Member
Posts: 42
Joined: 12 Dec 2012, 16:06
custom title: VDMA
Location: Missouri

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by Amsdorf » 03 Jul 2013, 15:14

Get it out....that's it.....let it all out.

LOL.

User avatar
Reverend Herc
Platinum Member
Posts: 601
Joined: 30 Aug 2008, 11:03
custom title: Outstanding!!!
Location: South Florida
Contact:

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by Reverend Herc » 03 Jul 2013, 17:09

jgreenberg01 wrote:Wow, you sure did post this in a lot of forums. Trying to get more youtube views?

http://www.shootersforum.com/handguns/85580.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/showthread ... ost4050675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.usacarry.com/forums/handgun- ... locks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/handgun-misc/95763.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... &p=2633918" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20426204" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/topic/ ... ke-glocks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They just work? Please. They fail as often as any other gun does. Yes, they're ugly (IMHO) but then again, some people say the same thing about the FsN. File that statement under the "what ever floats your aesthetic boat" category.

Sorry, didn't watch the video. Don't care.
Are you stalking him?
blueorison wrote:Dude.

Wow.



This guy needs to go back to the airsoft forum.
I wonder if anyone else noticed what you hid in plain sight!!!

PS> I completely agree.....
There can only be two.

fd57
Senior Member
Posts: 772
Joined: 29 Jan 2010, 14:13

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by fd57 » 03 Jul 2013, 19:11

Crap. This forum is starting to look like other forums ... whining, bickering, chest beating ...

WHO CARES IF THE OP POSTED SAME INFO ON OTHER FORUMS?!?!? Well, apparently someone does. Christ.

We're rolling up on Independence Day, something that perhaps now more than ever should be on the tips of tongues of every American, and someone is pissing about posting videos on various forums. Gonna be like that other forum if this trend continues.

User avatar
Rapier1772
Global Moderator
Posts: 12162
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:00
Location: American Falls, ID

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Jul 2013, 19:40

Agreed, where is it written that you can't make the same post on different forums? Multiple posts of the same thing in one forum, yeah that's a bad thing, but one post on multiple forums? Not so much.

Don't forget, if you don't want to see his "look at my vid" posts, then you can always go to his profile & click "add foe" - any post by him after that will be ignored.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

User avatar
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
Posts: 10628
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 14:28
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain
Contact:

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by blueorison » 03 Jul 2013, 21:11

You guys are right, I'm overreacting, sorry Amsdorf. It just reminded me of NutNFancy, a lot. Which was where my hostility was coming.

I wish you well on your earnings. You have every right to post your videos and thoughts. :thumb:
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Amsdorf
Junior Member
Posts: 42
Joined: 12 Dec 2012, 16:06
custom title: VDMA
Location: Missouri

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by Amsdorf » 04 Jul 2013, 02:45

Now I'm really insulted, comparing me to NutNFancy.

When/if I start posting videos of my latest pocket knife purchase, or of me riding my TRX bicycle, then you can really get worried.

Plus, I did not take thirty minutes to explain why I like Glocks, not even two.

:clap:

User avatar
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
Posts: 3736
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 14:32
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Contact:

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by jgreenberg01 » 04 Jul 2013, 07:34

Reverend Herc wrote:
jgreenberg01 wrote:Wow, you sure did post this in a lot of forums. Trying to get more youtube views?

http://www.shootersforum.com/handguns/85580.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/showthread ... ost4050675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.usacarry.com/forums/handgun- ... locks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/handgun-misc/95763.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... &p=2633918" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20426204" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/topic/ ... ke-glocks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They just work? Please. They fail as often as any other gun does. Yes, they're ugly (IMHO) but then again, some people say the same thing about the FsN. File that statement under the "what ever floats your aesthetic boat" category.

Sorry, didn't watch the video. Don't care.
Are you stalking him?
Hardly, I have a one-button google search on my mouse. I just highlighted the first sentence and hit the button - all those websites popped up.

In reality, I wasn't trying to be negative. After re-reading the post, I see that it came out that way. I'm just not a fan of glocks, and I really was interested in how Amsdorf is doing on youtube.

I just don't have the time or patience to promote my videos, but maybe I should. Money is money after all.

And to Amsdorf: congrats on going over 5k subscribers, that's awesome. Talk about paying for your ammo...

Maybe I'll start promoting my vids too, I sure as hell need the $$$ after buying certain guns/optics.
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

Amsdorf
Junior Member
Posts: 42
Joined: 12 Dec 2012, 16:06
custom title: VDMA
Location: Missouri

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by Amsdorf » 04 Jul 2013, 07:40

Good luck with your channel.

Hey, the way I look at it is that if YouTube wants to pay me when people watch guns and shooting videos, more power to them.

:thumb:

User avatar
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
Posts: 3736
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 14:32
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Contact:

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by jgreenberg01 » 04 Jul 2013, 07:48

I agree completely. Getting paid for doing something that is fun - isn't that what we all strive for in our daily work lives?
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

User avatar
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
Posts: 10628
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 14:28
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain
Contact:

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by blueorison » 04 Jul 2013, 08:06

Amsdorf wrote:Now I'm really insulted, comparing me to NutNFancy.

When/if I start posting videos of my latest pocket knife purchase, or of me riding my TRX bicycle, then you can really get worried.

Plus, I did not take thirty minutes to explain why I like Glocks, not even two.

:clap:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

True, true.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

User avatar
Reverend Herc
Platinum Member
Posts: 601
Joined: 30 Aug 2008, 11:03
custom title: Outstanding!!!
Location: South Florida
Contact:

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by Reverend Herc » 04 Jul 2013, 18:38

The only thing I like about glocks is the price.... 4 bills NIB is hard to pass up.... that is when i am in the market for a block....
There can only be two.

Buffman
Silver Member
Posts: 2883
Joined: 12 Jan 2009, 22:48
Location: SW Michigan
Contact:

Re: Why I Like Glocks

Post by Buffman » 04 Jul 2013, 19:38

LOL I've barely got 400 subs :(

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest