Can a pistol be a religious experience?

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
nrv216

Re: Can a pistol be a religious experience?

Post by nrv216 » 06 Oct 2012, 21:01

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4 ... ead=252111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So these are like really rare or something :skep: Then someone should buy this one.

nrv216

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 09 Oct 2012, 08:57

Valorius wrote:
flyingirish04 wrote:
I disagree. I have shot plenty of P7s.
You disagree what? That M13s are very rare? They fetch in the vicinity of $1800-2000 regularly. Because they're rare.

Right now you can get one for 1300-1600. People may list for higher, but they aren't getting that unless they are nickel unfired versions, then they can get 1800-2000.

But that wasn't what I was disputing. They are rare-ish. I disagreed on the feel of them. Do yourself a favor and read before posting on what someone posted. It is very clear what I was referring to. :facepalm:
Valorius wrote:
flyingirish04 wrote: I had a small collection of them. And your chums on the HKPRO site wouldn't agree. Since you cited them.
You had a small collection of what? P7s? M13s? .
If you followed that rule stated previously, you would see that my collection was of various P7s. Specifically PSP, P7M8, P7M10, P7M13, and even kept a P7K3 in 380 with a 22LR conversion for a while, though it was never really mine (a buddy of mine's gun that I had while he was deployed) :thumb:

Valorius wrote:I think if you started a poll on HKPRO asking if the single stack guns have significantly better ergonomic feel than the doublestack versions, the single stack would win in a landslide. The M13 is significantly fatter around the grip. It broke my heart the first time i held one, because i had lusted hard for one right up until the very moment i picked one up for the first time. :-/.
Polls? I love polls, do that!! Never can have enough polls!!! :lmao:
Valorius wrote:
flyingirish04 wrote: M8s aren't worth twice as much, maybe 300 more, maybe
I paid $500 for my grade B PSP. I sold my M8 for $1200.
Then you got a deal, because they go for $750 pretty consistantly on the way low end and more like $900 on the high. Also, $1200 is a higher price for a standard M8, especially if it is less than 90%, which most are.

One M8 sold last month at my local shop in Fargo for $1125, but it was a mint gun, fired only once by owner that was a collector as well.

Listen, its ok that you like your gun the way it is. You don't need to get all huffed up because I think it is an abomination. I like my P7s in factory condition is all. I think they are works of art that way, that is why I had a bit of a collection of them. That's me.

Just don't post a ridiculous 'religious experience' post on this forum and expect to not get some honest feedback. :cya:
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 09 Oct 2012, 09:00

nrv216 wrote:http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4 ... ead=252111

So these are like really rare or something :skep: Then someone should buy this one.

nrv216

I am guessing that is a refurbed PSP. A lot of them around right now. That is a standard price for one in about 60, maybe 75% condition. Still very decent shooters.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 15 Dec 2012, 19:25

Valorius wrote:Image
OH MY GOD.
THIS HAPPENED TODAY.

The university shooting club had a shoot today and only a few showed up. But one who did is:
ROTC graduate, recently commissioned officer, will be defending our country/rights for next 6 years
Also just got a Master's Degree
And she's a former marine sniper's GF (he taught her to shoot).

She wanted to shoot a handgun for one of the stages so I offered to let her use my H&K .40 USP.
"There's a mag, here's the ammo. Load up & see what you can do." I knew she had shot before although not with me.
I'm over talking with 2 others & hear her say, "It's jammed."
She hadn't fired a shot yet, the ammo was my reloads but I knew they fit.
I go over, transfer the gun to me, & look. OMFG! The slide won't close because the chambered round is backwards! As are all the other rounds she loaded.
Now, I can sort of understand one round being backwards but the whole mag?

I can't say anything except "Oh my God" over & over. She was not trying to make a funny, she hadn't even heard of this H&K joke before today, she was dead serious & couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. She made no excuses, & just said "shut up!" everytime I said OMG.

This is the 2nd time someone has done something with that gun which make me want to give them a high five right in the face - with a truck. The other time, an army veteran was trying to impress his gal & loaded 9mm in it (recall it's a .40). It fired fine but wouldn't eject. Just as I was heading over he got it loose & he chambered the next round. I noticed the shell was oddly shaped & picked it up. WTF?!?!

I think I am going to quit letting others shoot it. I don't want to see what someone will do with it next.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 15 Dec 2012, 21:47

Won't be the first or last.

Gun people are people who shoot or own guns. They don't magically become smart or change if they weren't, before.

I salute her for her service, and that she has a masters degree.

Glad you had a funny moment, today. A good laugh is always healthy. :thumb:
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 15 Dec 2012, 23:12

I think I have a few rounds of .45GAP in a drawer...can I borrow your pistol?? hehehehe
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**