EAA Witness PS 9mm

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
ShockedNKansas
custom title: G0 SH0X

EAA Witness PS 9mm

Post by ShockedNKansas » 15 Sep 2012, 18:43

So I was at Cabela's today since the NRA was having a party and my membership had just expired. They were giving away free Cabela's gift cards for renewing. I renewed then made my way to where all the action was. People were buying pistols and rifles like crazy and they looked happy. I thought to myself, "I want to be happy too." :laugh:

So I asked one of the many attendants what the specials were today and he pointed towards a little placard. I quickly noticed a brand I was very familiar with and a price I wasn't. Those who have been here for a while will remember when I got the bug for a 10mm (I think that is a mandatory 2nd purchase for FsN owners). I eventually ended up with an EAA Witness Elite Match 10mm and have been very happy with it.

Well on the advertisement, they had Witness PS 9mm's for 299.99............ I was like wa wa what? I asked for the gun, handled it, and said sold. I was wanting to get a nice 9mm in a 1911'ish frame so I could get some cheap practice in and still have a similar POA as my FsN. Since I just picked up a few hundred rounds of 9mm for an awesome price at Wally World, I will provide a range report soon!

"Made in Italy" 299 bucks? Really?

Here is my new econo beauty

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: EAA Witness PS 9mm

Post by Rapier1772 » 15 Sep 2012, 19:13

Nice! I was going to sell my used one for about that much. (But mine was going to include 4 spare mags, holster & shipping) Think I paid over $400 for mine.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 16 Sep 2012, 15:51

man, i would not mind having one of those in my safe and that price seems really good too! congrats

ShockedNKansas

Post by ShockedNKansas » 16 Sep 2012, 16:42

Yeah, the traffic in that store was crazy yesterday. The wait on having my purchase run through the background check was over an hour and I even gave them my CCW license which makes things much faster. They gave me a pager disc like you would get at a restaurant so I could walk through the store and they buzzed me when I could get the gun. Cabela's is smart. Business is good. Americans are buying lots of guns...

ShockedNKansas

Post by ShockedNKansas » 20 Sep 2012, 21:22

Well I took the Witness P to the range and ran her through the paces. I had a couple failures to feed, but I will chalk it up to the break-in process unless it happens again.

The gun shoots great and the RO even came by to see what I was shooting. He couldn't figure out what it was. I told him it was a CZ clone from Italy. The single action trigger is very nice. For some reason I didn't shoot in double action mode.. I guess I forgot lol.

I need to buy more mags.. it only came with one 16 rounder.