STI Perfect 10

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
jibbs

STI Perfect 10

Post by jibbs » 29 May 2012, 19:14

I waited a long time to get this gun so now its time to show it off to people who actually care about 10mm guns. Gun is pretty heavy but feels balanced. Everyone needs a BBQ gun and I got mine. I threw it next to my FsN for a size comparison, not too much bigger. I know I haven't posted too much on here but this gun was on order for a year or so before I was introduced to Blue via a ammo trade. Its been a long time coming and it was well worth the wait. Ive handled Night Hawks and other high-end 1911/2011's, and this gun is right up there with them. Good things are worth waiting for. I literally just got it so don't hate on the tag still being on there. Gonna take her out with some anemic stuff at the range. I did get a 40cal barrel as well to make it more affordable/available to shoot, but I have to get it fitted to the gun. I dig the hard chrome (I know a lot of you guys like the tactical look but that's not a BBQ gun), figure it will be less noticeable when it does get scratched, which it will, they all do. Black/bluing scratches make my skin crawl.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Re: STI Perfect 10

Post by blueorison » 29 May 2012, 19:22

It's beautiful, man.

I've shot one of the first Perfect 10's, and I can promise you, she handles like a .40 with a slight muzzle rise with full-powered loads.

Beautiful. I'm so glad you finally got her and thank you for posting pictures and sharing her beauty.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

jibbs

Post by jibbs » 29 May 2012, 19:34

Thanks Blue. I was grinning from ear to ear all day today because I knew it was coming.

People at the store were all looking at it wide eyed and asking what was the wait time on it. I just it will take a lil while.

You were actually the first person I thought of when I got it. I was like, I told someone a long time ago I was getting one and I didn't want you to think I was a BSing you. It does exist in chrome.

I do look forward to punching some paper with it tomorrow. I can tell by the feel of the gun that it will be smooth and tame. Put together really well.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 29 May 2012, 20:07

I didn't think you were bsing me when we talked about it! :laugh: :thumb:

Btw I am still saving the really sweet rounds you sent me for the bigger bore! My friend sold his platform, so I'll just borrow someone else's. I'm planning to save it for a ballistics test. Although I probably will also do an accuracy test. Not the most practical calibers, but still seriously awesome! Well, it's practical if you think of it as a 1-shot wonder. Hahaha....

Back to the 10mm, a more practically awesome caliber; my friend took a short vid of my first time shooting the Perfect 10 platform. This one is blued, and belongs to my friend who shoots for STI. It's my first time with it, and it only had a few rounds in it shooting surprise activator targets, so I'm really slow. But you can still see how awesome she runs, so it doesn't matter! :)

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 29 May 2012, 21:36

Very cool I love 10's!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 30 May 2012, 03:37

panzermk2 wrote:Very cool I love 10's!

:thumb: dittos

s-industries
Gold Member
custom title: M.E.

Post by s-industries » 30 May 2012, 16:09

Oh man I am so jealous. I toured the STI facility a few months ago and the perfect 10 really called to me. At the time I had a G20c in the mail waiting for me when I got home, and I was definitely sad it wasn't the STI. Looking forward to the range report. If you're a Ted Nugent fan, he has one apparently...

BTW, I don't think this is just a BBQ gun. This baby was made to be used!

nrv216

Post by nrv216 » 07 Jun 2012, 16:46

panzermk2 wrote:Very cool I love 10's!
:agree: And this one is beautiful!!! Congrats!

nrv216

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member
custom title: A.K.A. DW

Post by SHEEPDOG » 10 Jun 2012, 20:03

I love it! Congratulations!!!

fooschnickens
custom title: ~( ̄∇ ̄~) (~ ̄∇ ̄)~

Post by fooschnickens » 12 Jun 2012, 20:23

Longslide 1911s are the only 1911s I like. That and 10mm 1911s.

Too bad I don't want a pistol that costs more than my SCAR :laugh:

srt-4_jon

Post by srt-4_jon » 13 Jun 2012, 00:47

this isnt a 1911 though.

fooschnickens
custom title: ~( ̄∇ ̄~) (~ ̄∇ ̄)~

Post by fooschnickens » 13 Jun 2012, 17:03

:|

yeah I'm gonna go ahead and disagree.

srt-4_jon

Post by srt-4_jon » 13 Jun 2012, 23:17

sure looks like a 2011 to me.

jibbs

Post by jibbs » 14 Jun 2012, 19:20

Yea, devil is in the details. 1911s are single stack only. Its semantics but it does make a difference. There are other differences, full length dust cover and accessory rail. I wouldn't correct someone on calling it a 1911, but I also don't when I hear clip.

I put so much time into getting this gun that I bought it on principle. I was in a different financial situation 2+ years ago. I also reload and shoot mostly pistols anyways so buying a expensive pistol wasn't too hard to of a decision. I live in the Metro Detroit area, not too many ranges in a close proximity to me that allow for long range shooting. Most of them are indoor and only go out to 50 yards. A SCAR would be useless to me but that's only because of my needs in a guns capability. I run a AR pistol for fun and shoot a Marlin 45-70 guide gun for deer. Basically 100 yard shots and bullet trajectory of a softball. Long range shots in MI are 400 yards and I will never see those.

Realistically I think I have 1700ish into my FsN, which includes the gun with mods but not the other $500 in ammo for it. That's not to far off in what I have into my Perfect 10. Realistically I would bet most of you guys are in the same boat as me, if not farther out with bigger boats.

Captan Harold D

Post by Captan Harold D » 15 Jun 2012, 06:09

Well Jibbs, I like it. You say it took you about two years to get it? Do you know if that apply today?

jibbs

Post by jibbs » 15 Jun 2012, 07:12

I would think that it would take far less than that today. The hard part is communication. Most of my wait time was initially me talking with the distributor, who would talk to them, who would get back to them, then back to me. Very long chain of of communication. Needless to say that when my order kept not appearing on the the dealers list of ordered guns I was getting upset. That was almost a year and half of wasted time. I then started contacting STI directly to see if that would help. I got my distributor to admit that they couldn't go any farther in helping me and that they OKed me dealing with STI directly (for purposes of getting exactly what I wanted). Everyone I have ever talked with said the hardest obstacle in getting a STI custom is getting a good distributor with a good line of communication with STI.

The wait times are long, but not too long if you consider what you are getting. Id imagine that you could probably get one in 6 months if you didn't want it chrome. Maybe add a few months for chrome. I was laughing when I ordered the gun because I told the dealer that there would be no confusion on if it was ordered or not because this is probably the only Perfect 10 that would ever go through their doors, EVER.