Cz vs glock

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
Sniperjoe
Gold Member

Cz vs glock

Post by Sniperjoe » 24 Jan 2012, 08:15

I plan on picking up my first handgun (Pending I get my premise pistol permit of course) in the next few months...

I've basically narrowed it down to either a Glock 19 or 32 or a CZ 75 or 83.

I've shot both glocks as well as the cz 83 and loved em and I got to handle a cz75 which felt great...

I'd just like some input as to what all of you prefer and why?

Thedirtyheat

Re: Cz vs glock

Post by Thedirtyheat » 24 Jan 2012, 08:36

I've shot glocks never a cz but I think the cz design is superior. I'm buying the 85b in the near future can hardly wait

nrv216

Post by nrv216 » 24 Jan 2012, 10:31

Sniperjoe wrote:I plan on picking up my first handgun (Pending I get my premise pistol permit of course) in the next few months...

I've basically narrowed it down to either a Glock 19 or 32 or a CZ 75 or 83.

I've shot both glocks as well as the cz 83 and loved em and I got to handle a cz75 which felt great...

I'd just like some input as to what all of you prefer and why?
Well someone is going to ask so.... What do you want it for/ what is your primary use for it? If it is something your are going to carry everyday I might say Glock 19 (out of those choices). If it is going to sit in your safe and be fondled/shot at the range occasionally, I would go cz 75 or glock 32. If you are going to shoot competition... well you see where I am going with this.

I have or have had each of the guns listed above and each served a specific purpose for me or maybe it didn't and that's why I sold it off. Either way, all are good guns and, depending on your desired purpose, I am sure one of them will serve you well. I just cannot make a recommendation until I know what you plan on doing with it.

nrv216

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 24 Jan 2012, 12:38

CZ all the way. You nailed it, how the CZ FEELS in your hand.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 24 Jan 2012, 14:01

Stupid question, so

No comment from me

except for the above comment.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Thedirtyheat

Post by Thedirtyheat » 24 Jan 2012, 14:13

Blue that's like calling someone to tell them you're ignoring them

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 24 Jan 2012, 14:27

Thedirtyheat wrote:Blue that's like calling someone to tell them you're ignoring them
It's ok, I know Joe enough to do that. Actually, I do it all the time, you can ask him.

"J., what's up bro?"
"Shooting a match."
"Oh yeah? How's it goin?"
"Pretty good, since I'm shooting a match."
"Sounds like fun, man."
"Yeap."
"So, you go shooting lately?"
"Yeap, I'm at a match, gotta go, bye."

:lmao:

Just kidding Joe, you know I love you. That's why I took you to the range everyday for 5 days in a row when you came to the first match I held for the forum. Mwahahah

It's actually at my match that he got to shoot all those guns he's talking about.. except the Glock...
Shoot more, worry less.

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 24 Jan 2012, 14:35

CZ for build and craftsmanship. Glock as a day to day cary weapon! Not gonna cry if you drop, scratch or bang it around

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 24 Jan 2012, 14:36

toyslr wrote:CZ for build and craftsmanship. Glock as a day to day cary weapon! Not gonna cry if you drop, scratch or bang it around
WRONG. Fanboys will always cry. :lmao:

(sorry bro, had to be honest)
Shoot more, worry less.

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 24 Jan 2012, 14:47

Im gonna take a stab in the dark and say that this purchase will sit in the safe and be taken to the range every once in a will because he lives in NYC and under Comrade Bloombergs iron fist. Everyday carry is just not possible. Once Joe makes the move out of NYC then carry is more of an option. I would suggest the CZ, I love my SP01. If I run out of bullets I can just beat the poopie out of someone with it. JOE GET THE CZ!!!! You can always get the glock when you move out of NYC for everyday carry. My .02

cHaMeLeoN352

Post by cHaMeLeoN352 » 24 Jan 2012, 15:25

If you live in NYC, I think these are both poor choices.

The legal limit for magazines is 10 rounds, so you would have to limit the capability of your handgun, which would drive me crazy... :wall:

If I were purchasing my first handgun and lived in NYC, I would go with a 1911 platform. It will look great in the safe and a great shooter for the range; it also will do the job against BGs. :guns:

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 24 Jan 2012, 15:39

He'll never make it to the safe in time to use it, so caliber is a moot point. I think you will have just as much chance stopping a threat with a 9mm as well as the tried and true .45. It is personal preferrence for Joe at this point because NYC sucks worse than PRK.

cHaMeLeoN352

Post by cHaMeLeoN352 » 24 Jan 2012, 15:49

CenCalSplicer wrote:He'll never make it to the safe in time to use it, so caliber is a moot point. I think you will have just as much chance stopping a threat with a 9mm as well as the tried and true .45. It is personal preferrence for Joe at this point because NYC sucks worse than PRK.
Why would he keep it in the safe, when he could keep it in his nightstand...

I wasn't making a caliber reference, simply saying the 1911 comes standard with a magazine capacity within legal limit, without limiting the capacity, and is a straight shooter.

The fact that the .45 is more likely stop a BG in one-well placed shot, is just the icing on the cake!

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 24 Jan 2012, 17:19

cHaMeLeoN352 wrote:
CenCalSplicer wrote:He'll never make it to the safe in time to use it, so caliber is a moot point. I think you will have just as much chance stopping a threat with a 9mm as well as the tried and true .45. It is personal preferrence for Joe at this point because NYC sucks worse than PRK.
Why would he keep it in the safe, when he could keep it in his nightstand...

I wasn't making a caliber reference, simply saying the 1911 comes standard with a magazine capacity within legal limit, without limiting the capacity, and is a straight shooter.

The fact that the .45 is more likely stop a BG in one-well placed shot, is just the icing on the cake!
I don't know enough about NYC's crazy gun law and I'm assuming that even with a premise permit it would have to be locked up. I don't know for sure. You're right, a nightstand would be way better than a safe and one well placed shot from a .45 will do the trick. Practice is the only thing that will ensure that shot and finding a close gun range would be the other obstacle. NYC sucks more balls than PRK, but thats not news to anyone.

Mister Freeze
custom title: 159.6

Post by Mister Freeze » 24 Jan 2012, 17:29

"one well-placed shot" says it all. A "not-so-well-placed" .45 can be as effective as a "well-placed" .22.

CZ. Period. Not a fanboy. Ask Blue.

cHaMeLeoN352

Post by cHaMeLeoN352 » 24 Jan 2012, 17:53

CenCalSplicer wrote:NYC sucks more balls than PRK, but thats not news to anyone.
It's criminal...

My Parents live in NYC and my dad recently acquired his weapon permit/registration for his shotgun. However, you are not allowed to have ammo shipped to your house and when ammo is needed there is nothing in the city.

I went to try and buy ammo and they asked for a permit id, other than a random walmart I found 1 hour drive out in the hood (I mean straight ghetto), they allowed me to purchase no problem, but was limited 6 boxes per customer (the round count didn't matter, just 6 boxes) They were all out of slugs for some reason. :ponder:

I was laughing with the employee about the policies and he decides to tell me how he can easily buy a gun for $50 if he wanted, so the gun control is useless. The BG's will always be able to acquire a weapon and for some reason they allow them to buy ammo easier than law abiding citizens.

There is also this place in Chinatown, but that's another story...

Sniperjoe
Gold Member

Post by Sniperjoe » 25 Jan 2012, 11:30

blueorison wrote:
Thedirtyheat wrote:Blue that's like calling someone to tell them you're ignoring them
It's ok, I know Joe enough to do that. Actually, I do it all the time, you can ask him.

"J., what's up bro?"
"Shooting a match."
"Oh yeah? How's it goin?"
"Pretty good, since I'm shooting a match."
"Sounds like fun, man."
"Yeap."
"So, you go shooting lately?"
"Yeap, I'm at a match, gotta go, bye."

:lmao:

Just kidding Joe, you know I love you. That's why I took you to the range everyday for 5 days in a row when you came to the first match I held for the forum. Mwahahah

It's actually at my match that he got to shoot all those guns he's talking about.. except the Glock...
HA yes and that was an awesome 5 days.....minus the....uh...annoyance....

And I did shoot the glock with you bro, I shot your .357 glock.

Sniperjoe
Gold Member

Post by Sniperjoe » 25 Jan 2012, 11:38

Oh and I plan on using this as an all around handgun, HD, range gun, etc. (obviously due to NYC gun laws however, NOT carry :( )

You guys pritty much hit the nail on the head, i have to keep it locked up, however, i DO plan on getting a biometric nightstand safe for my primary HD pistol (which is what I intend to make this one)

Our gun laws are absolutly ludicris but I have no choice unfortunatly, i have to deal with it.

I WAS considering a 1911 but im actually thinking of building a nice one in the near to distant future, so im not going to buy one of those just yet...

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 25 Jan 2012, 12:24

Joe get the CZ. My Glock worked for you because I dremeled the living daylights out of it, then retaped it to fit my hand like a CZ. The grip has layered electrical tape on it layered to form the curve on the backstrap just like the CZ.

The CZ is also slightly heftier, which I find makes it easier for your body to gauge the gun when pointing quickly, perhaps in the dark. You can mount a light on the Glock or the CZ, but when you're dazed and confused you don't want a billion buttons to push. Keep the CZ in the safe, safety off, on double-action.

Also, next time, target practice dry-fire on the "annoyance". :)
Shoot more, worry less.

smpsmp

Post by smpsmp » 03 Feb 2012, 00:34

SniperJoe,

For your 1911 project, if you choose to go that route of building it (which is a headache and a half) take a look at the Caspian frames. For the money you couldn't get a better bare bones frame to start with. If you want to go all out, double the price and go with a Wilson. But everyone that I've built for friends using Caspian frames (and saving 400 dollars) have been beyond happy with them.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 03 Feb 2012, 07:13

I have a Q for the Glock fans.
My wife was looking at some Glock accessories online and she ran across a 'guide rod' laser?? I guess I never really paid attention to all of the stuff that is available for Glocks but apparently (I think it was Lasermax?) you can replace your guide rod with an internal laser. Supposedly stays true since it replaces your guide rod and is parallel to the barrel.
Do any of you have experience with this thing?
She is really excited and wants a setup like this but I don't want to invest the $$ into a Glock plus $330 for the laser if the combo is garbage. I'd just as soon get her a set of lasergrips (if CrimsonTrace will ever got off their hiney and make it for her SR9!).
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 03 Feb 2012, 14:10

Cyberfly wrote:I have a Q for the Glock fans.
My wife was looking at some Glock accessories online and she ran across a 'guide rod' laser?? I guess I never really paid attention to all of the stuff that is available for Glocks but apparently (I think it was Lasermax?) you can replace your guide rod with an internal laser. Supposedly stays true since it replaces your guide rod and is parallel to the barrel.
Do any of you have experience with this thing?
She is really excited and wants a setup like this but I don't want to invest the $$ into a Glock plus $330 for the laser if the combo is garbage. I'd just as soon get her a set of lasergrips (if CrimsonTrace will ever got off their hiney and make it for her SR9!).
Yeap.

Crimson Trace also made models that were integrated into your Glock, with a switch at the heel of the pistol. Super great system. Now it's a collectors item. But it's still my favourite laser setup, aside from the guiderod system. I don't use lasers, usually, day or night. I think it has its place, though.
Shoot more, worry less.

smpsmp

Post by smpsmp » 03 Feb 2012, 16:01

I've always been curious to know how reliable the lasermax guide rods are for how much abuse they take in the gun. I wouldn't mind getting one just try and see how long it takes till I manage to break it.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 04 Feb 2012, 02:29

I snuck into GlockTalk forums just to get their take. Seems its sorta split. Some LOVE it, others HATE it. Couldn't find but one 'range report' and it wasn't great. The others were just more like 'I have one and its fantastic'.
Would really like to hear from someone who has long term experience.
Anybody?

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 04 Feb 2012, 03:22

Cyberfly wrote:I snuck into GlockTalk forums just to get their take. Seems its sorta split. Some LOVE it, others HATE it. Couldn't find but one 'range report' and it wasn't great. The others were just more like 'I have one and its fantastic'.
Anybody?
What do you mean it wasn't great? Did it break? I never really saw the guiderod lasers being adopted... by ANYONE. So it must've been bad of a failure.

If even the tactical fanboys give up on a laser, you know it must be bad.
Shoot more, worry less.

Eric T

Post by Eric T » 04 Feb 2012, 09:13

I've only seen 2 guide rod lasers. Both in Glocks. Both guys were very excited when they first got them. They look good they're pretty accurate, but they both broke in less than a year. I think the first one lasted about 6 mos. Keep in mind these guys are at the rang at LEAST once a week, and they put a couple hundred rounds down range every time they're there so if it's not going to be fired regularly all the time it would be alright. It does have it's advantages low profile, holsters ect. If you choose a Glock I'd suggest spending money on the barrel first. If you like 9mm you can get a Glock 20sf (10mm), and from Lone Wolf, you can get a .357 sig drop in barrel. You can also get the 10mm barrel, and .40 barrel. I like the 6" threaded ones myself. All you have do is pull out one barrel, and drop in a new one. they use the same mag and everything. This way you can use what ever you want for SD, and you can shoot what ever's cheapest at the range. Anyway good luck.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 04 Feb 2012, 09:41

Eric T wrote:I've only seen 2 guide rod lasers. Both in Glocks. Both guys were very excited when they first got them. They look good they're pretty accurate, but they both broke in less than a year. I think the first one lasted about 6 mos. Keep in mind these guys are at the rang at LEAST once a week, and they put a couple hundred rounds down range every time they're there so if it's not going to be fired regularly all the time it would be alright. It does have it's advantages low profile, holsters ect. If you choose a Glock I'd suggest spending money on the barrel first. If you like 9mm you can get a Glock 20sf (10mm), and from Lone Wolf, you can get a .357 sig drop in barrel. You can also get the 10mm barrel, and .40 barrel. I like the 6" threaded ones myself. All you have do is pull out one barrel, and drop in a new one. they use the same mag and everything. This way you can use what ever you want for SD, and you can shoot what ever's cheapest at the range. Anyway good luck.
Eric, it's not that simple.

You do have to change out parts, and the magazines are different. Also, it might not shoot the same point of aim. Just a warning.

Unless you've tried this, and it works, then you somehow have a magic gun!
Shoot more, worry less.

Eric T

Post by Eric T » 04 Feb 2012, 16:06

That's why I said the Glock 20 specifically it's the only one that works on. So I guess you could say yes the 20 is a magic gun. It only works with those 3 though anything else you do have to get a conversion kit, But when you think about the 10mm, .40, and .357 sig all use basically the same brass so no problems with extraction or anything like that.

Eric T

Post by Eric T » 04 Feb 2012, 16:17

Ohh, but the barrels do have to be after market longer barrels as the Glock 20 is a longer frame. Standard Glock barrels won't work because there too short. I also think you can get a .357 sig or a .40 then get the opposite standard Glock barrel, and that's supposed to work, but I haven't actually seen that one in person.

smpsmp

Post by smpsmp » 04 Feb 2012, 16:51

I was always concerned with guide rod lasers since like I said that's a lot of force its taking. Not just worried about it loosing its POA, but with breaking under the stress. I look at it this way, if the CTC grips die or fail, you still have iron sights (same holds true for anything rail mounted), but if the guide rod laser breaks, then the gun is out of commission right then and there. Same reason why I stick to steel aftermarket guide rods and not tungsten, yes tungsten adds a little more weight to the front, but it's way to brittle to have me put faith into it.

Eric T,
Pretty much any gun in .40 can be converted to .357sig with a barrel change (assuming there is factory or aftermarket barrels for it of course). The parent casing is the .40 (.357sig is just a hair longer), so everything still matches up with the breech face, and you use the same mags. The FNP40 mags are even stamped .40S&W and .357SIG.

nrv216

Post by nrv216 » 04 Feb 2012, 18:20

blueorison wrote:
Cyberfly wrote:I snuck into GlockTalk forums just to get their take. Seems its sorta split. Some LOVE it, others HATE it. Couldn't find but one 'range report' and it wasn't great. The others were just more like 'I have one and its fantastic'.
Anybody?
What do you mean it wasn't great? Did it break? I never really saw the guiderod lasers being adopted... by ANYONE. So it must've been bad of a failure.

If even the tactical fanboys give up on a laser, you know it must be bad.
Blue,

I think he meant the quality of the range report was not that great, not the laser itself (excuse me if I am misinterpreting your post fly)!

nrv216

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 04 Feb 2012, 19:26

You read correctly. Sorry. I should have explained better.

Thedirtyheat

Post by Thedirtyheat » 04 Feb 2012, 20:04

I think it's not worth it just reading it it seems very niche and unreliable. It's very tacticool but you don't want to throw your money into something that's not going to be durable and fully reliable. Thats my take I'm all about what can go wrong will.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 04 Feb 2012, 21:06

I'm kind of the same way.
I read from some that it's very durable and long-lasting. Others say it won't last 40 or 50 rounds. Was hoping to get real world result from people I know here. Apparently nobody here has tested it themselves and at $300+, I'm not willing to be the guinea pig.
Think I'll try to find a Crimson Trace grip laser that will fit for her. Unfortunately, they don't make anything for her SR9 and I'm not wanting to switch her out to the SR9C. For something like a guide rod laser, IF it worked, I'd invest in the weapon and the system for her. But without knowing if it worked, I don't wanna head down that path.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 04 Feb 2012, 21:46

Eric T wrote:That's why I said the Glock 20 specifically it's the only one that works on. So I guess you could say yes the 20 is a magic gun. It only works with those 3 though anything else you do have to get a conversion kit, But when you think about the 10mm, .40, and .357 sig all use basically the same brass so no problems with extraction or anything like that.
You said, "if you like the 9mm you can get a Glock20sf". That's why I assumed you meant you could drop in the bbl for the 9mm and not have to adjust anything. :)

I do like that cool fact about the 3 other calibers. Too bad the euro glocks in 9x21, 9x23 aren't that available in the U.S. ...

You could shoot 9x19mm with factory ammunition and handload for the x21, x23. Then there wouldn't be as much a need for the SIG, at all. Though, the bullet constructions are different... so it's not a correlation/causation thing... the SIG is a much more applied round with data to back it, just because velocities and physics on paper looks the same, it doesn't mean they will perform the same... :)
Shoot more, worry less.

Eric T

Post by Eric T » 05 Feb 2012, 07:14

blueorison wrote:
Eric T wrote:That's why I said the Glock 20 specifically it's the only one that works on. So I guess you could say yes the 20 is a magic gun. It only works with those 3 though anything else you do have to get a conversion kit, But when you think about the 10mm, .40, and .357 sig all use basically the same brass so no problems with extraction or anything like that.
You said, "if you like the 9mm you can get a Glock20sf". That's why I assumed you meant you could drop in the bbl for the 9mm and not have to adjust anything. :)

I do like that cool fact about the 3 other calibers. Too bad the euro glocks in 9x21, 9x23 aren't that available in the U.S. ...

You could shoot 9x19mm with factory ammunition and handload for the x21, x23. Then there wouldn't be as much a need for the SIG, at all. Though, the bullet constructions are different... so it's not a correlation/causation thing... the SIG is a much more applied round with data to back it, just because velocities and physics on paper looks the same, it doesn't mean they will perform the same... :)
Sorry I meant because .357 sig is a lot like a hot 9mm, but with other barrels he could have more options. I know a little off topic, but I thought it might be an option for him.

SpaceCoyote

Post by SpaceCoyote » 23 Mar 2012, 17:03

I vote for CZ joe!

But I'm not biased or anything....

Family cz collection:

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 23 Mar 2012, 21:05

Showoff!!! :p Beautiful collection bro!! I own a SP01 and would like to buy a couple more when some money magically appears in the gun fund :D GET THE CZ JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

57js

Post by 57js » 24 Mar 2012, 08:09

SpaceCoyote wrote:I vote for CZ joe!

But I'm not biased or anything....

Family cz collection:
Where did you get the threaded barrel for your CZ?

SpaceCoyote

Post by SpaceCoyote » 24 Mar 2012, 08:38

Had Tornado Tech thread the factory bbl. I think it was $150 and that included a thread protector. They currently only offer the service on sp01 or other cz with .550 bbl (75b uses .502 diameter). I still would like get threaded bbl for the 75b but can't find one since efk quit making them.

To cencalsplicer. Maybe I am showing off, but notice I said 'family collection'. What you are seeing is a combo of my guns, my stepdads & my wife's p01