Walther PPQ

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
Iyyob

Walther PPQ

Post by Iyyob » 14 Jan 2012, 07:02

I just got one in 9mm, what do u guys think about em ?

Thedirtyheat

Re: Walther PPQ

Post by Thedirtyheat » 14 Jan 2012, 07:25

The best question since you already own it is how do you like it? I have always loved walthers just some of the new ones dont personally fit in my hand very well in my opinion.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 14 Jan 2012, 18:55

Thedirtyheat wrote:The best question since you already own it is how do you like it? I have always loved walthers just some of the new ones dont personally fit in my hand very well in my opinion.
LOL

First time, heat, I've heard someone buy a gun THEN ask people how they liked them.

LOL'ing so hard.

Iyyob, I'm not being mean, it was just funny :lmao:

To answer your question, I very much like it. I got to mess with one the first week they were out, a few months ago? I don't know if my timeline is correct. The trigger reset is insane, and the trigger is very crisp. After you break it in, it will only get better. It has one of the shortest trigger resets in any pistol I've ever fired, which is a very big and very good thing. As for the ergonomics, for me, it is sub-par versus a CZ or another gun I shoot. But.. you can't beat CZ's, so whatever. TINYFONTLOL'ING

Pistols with short resets are incredibly rare. With my seasoned trigger finger I would put the reset at a little less than 1/8inch, which is a very low numeric value for a reset. Rivaling 1911 resets.

Which reminds me, I have to take a second and laugh to myself remembering how stupid people are blaming light and short triggers for someone having a negligent discharge when it's their own fault. They blame the gun and say "THE MFG SHOULD NOT HAVE MADE IT THIS WAY, IT IS UNSAFE."

Then they go carry their custom 1911 with super short trigger and reset and 3lb pull. I rest my case. :facepalm:
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 14 Jan 2012, 19:04

When I buy a gun afterwards I TELL people why they should like it.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Thedirtyheat

Post by Thedirtyheat » 14 Jan 2012, 19:15

I wasn't trying to either but my first thought was, isn't it a little late to ask, to be honest different guns work for different people, I shot a kimber 1911 and really wasn't a fan and my results weren't great I did t feel I just had trouble getting a good feel then shot a hk usp and was loving it making good groups. If there were best handguns I think everyone would buy them. I think there are some handguns better then others but alot of handguns simply have different strengths

Iyyob

Post by Iyyob » 14 Jan 2012, 20:38

I Havent gotten it yet, I clicked the buy button. They sent me one and it was the wrong model so now I gotta wait till mine gets here hopefully Monday. I held one and played with it I love the way it feels. Just wondering yalls thoughts on it or if y'all heard anything about it or shot one yet

Rifleshooterscar

Post by Rifleshooterscar » 20 Jan 2012, 06:49

I have both the Walther P99 and PPQ both in 9mm. both shoot great both have had no FTF or FTE problems. The P99 being a DA type the PPQ a SA type, IMHO the new PPQ will be a super selling handgun in both 9mm&.40S&W. Now if Walther could get the prices of the Mags brought down.
I bought a Garrett Ind. IWB holster for my PPQ. it's leather lined Kydex. really fits good.
http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce. ... under-iwb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rifleshooterscar

Post by Rifleshooterscar » 20 Jan 2012, 07:35

Iyyob wrote:I Havent gotten it yet, I clicked the buy button. They sent me one and it was the wrong model so now I gotta wait till mine gets here hopefully Monday. I held one and played with it I love the way it feels. Just wondering yalls thoughts on it or if y'all heard anything about it or shot one yet
I have shot my new PPQ 9mm and think it's great.

JTSX1

Post by JTSX1 » 20 Jan 2012, 21:04

I'm actually interested in the PPS to replace my DB9; it's only slightly bigger and has way better ergos/trigger. PPQ looks full-sized; is this true?