CZ P07 Duty - anyone have any experience?

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
jnomad66

CZ P07 Duty - anyone have any experience?

Post by jnomad66 » 05 Dec 2011, 16:36

Well, I have been looking for a good 9mm CCW gun, not too big to conceal but not a pocket gun, and I came across the CZ p07. It looks awesome from what I can find on the interwebs, but I was wondering if anyone here had first hand experience with the gun. I know from lurking that there are several people on this forum who like the CZ 75B, so what do you think?

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p07-duty/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Re: CZ P07 Duty - anyone have any experience?

Post by flyingirish04 » 05 Dec 2011, 19:09

Decent gun for sure. Don't like trigger as much as phantom or the all metal CZs, but it is a solid poly gun. I wouldn't pay more than $425 for one though.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 05 Dec 2011, 21:52

jnomad66 wrote:Well, I have been looking for a good 9mm CCW gun, not too big to conceal but not a pocket gun, and I came across the CZ p07. It looks awesome from what I can find on the interwebs, but I was wondering if anyone here had first hand experience with the gun. I know from lurking that there are several people on this forum who like the CZ 75B, so what do you think?

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p07-duty/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm not sure what size you want to conceal, but it isn't very slim. The 75B is actually slimmer in profile. The sights are modeled after a Glocks. If you are ok with the size I would go for the CZ P-01. I much prefer it over the P07.

Hope that helps :thumb:
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

jnomad66

Post by jnomad66 » 05 Dec 2011, 22:33

yeah, that helps. I prefer steel or aluminum frame guns, for the most part. A friend is ordering a p07 from budsgunshop, and trying to talk me into one. The cz forum has lots of threads with problems about the polymer cz's, but I don't know how much of that is internet hype. Maybe ill just save up a little more and get myself a sp-01 tactical for christmas. I found a dealer that has one in stock for 590 shipped, and it comes with night sights. Be a great gun for the range, and the house, but too big to conceal in the summer in florida.

I need to stop buying guns just because they are on sale. I got a sig sp2022 .40 for $330, thinking it was a great deal, but I never fire it. One of these days I am going to learn to buy quality the first time and only pay once, lol.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 05 Dec 2011, 23:01

jnomad66 wrote:yeah, that helps. I prefer steel or aluminum frame guns, for the most part. A friend is ordering a p07 from budsgunshop, and trying to talk me into one. The cz forum has lots of threads with problems about the polymer cz's, but I don't know how much of that is internet hype. Maybe ill just save up a little more and get myself a sp-01 tactical for christmas. I found a dealer that has one in stock for 590 shipped, and it comes with night sights. Be a great gun for the range, and the house, but too big to conceal in the summer in florida.

I need to stop buying guns just because they are on sale. I got a sig sp2022 .40 for $330, thinking it was a great deal, but I never fire it. One of these days I am going to learn to buy quality the first time and only pay once, lol.
If you prefer metal, definitely stick with the P01. I have a lot of experience with the CZ's, but not a lot with the P07 because I don't like it as much as the 75's, 85's, 97's, or 01's. I do very much like the SP-01 and have had fun trigger time with them.

I have always believed that with guns, buy quality or do not buy at all. This has always proven true as I sadly watch friend after friend ignore my advice and settle for stupid guns that they have to shim and send in for repair. Some people just don't learn... :(

At least with your SIG you can resell it becomes some people think that they are quality guns. I wouldn't buy a SIG that wasn't made in it's country of origin.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

jnomad66

Post by jnomad66 » 05 Dec 2011, 23:31

yeah, that came as a nasty supprise when i read on my sp2022 slide "made in the USA"

smpsmp

Post by smpsmp » 03 Feb 2012, 01:06

Sorry for thread drift.

I got lucky with my SIG being an Exter one that hasn't screwed up yet. It's run and shot true, and I had my doubts at first since it wasn't a German (still prefer the older ones w. germans anyway).

What's kinda surprising with Sig is they are making the Mosquito in Germany (worst gun they make), and only the occasional all stainless nitron coated guns in Germany (as far as pistols go).

Back on topic:

Did you ever decide what to go with?

jnomad66

Post by jnomad66 » 06 Feb 2012, 12:56

Yeah, I went with the Sp-01 for a range gun, and got a deal on a Glock 36 from a friend for carry. I wouldnt have bought a glock 36 for full price, but a friend was unloading one, and let me pay him in AR-15 parts, and some .357 magnum ammo, so I couldnt argue with the deal.