Detonics Combatmaster

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
NLVMike

Detonics Combatmaster

Post by NLVMike » 20 Oct 2011, 19:34

I've always been kind of a fan of Detonics, especially the Seattle guns. Not only are they pretty darn cool guns, but they have great stories. A lot of cool people worked there and are still around the forums. Sid Woodcock was a brilliant guy with almost as many patents as John Moses Browning. I have one of their full size Scoremasters and I love it. A Combatmaster popped up on GB this week, and it was the ONE. If you were to own only one Detonics, this would be the one you want. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =255881934" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow, so did everyone else. Over $1,800 for a compact .45. I thought I was a player, bidding in the $800 range with less than an hour left. Wrong. It went crazy in the last hour. I hope the buyer enjoys it as much as I thought I was going to. :)

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Re: Detonics Combatmaster

Post by panzermk2 » 21 Oct 2011, 00:07

You know they are alive and well in IL? One of their engineers prior to joining them part of the team that designed the S&W 10xx series. He even had a one of Combat Master in 10mm.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

NLVMike

Re: Detonics Combatmaster

Post by NLVMike » 21 Oct 2011, 05:43

I am looking forward to real production coming out of the IL shop. It looks like they are coming up with some innovative ideas.