All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 2 of 5 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Glock Pistol
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:30 pm 
Gold Member

Mtn Man in Flatland

blueorison wrote:
@Irish:

I usually point naturally with guns that I have shot, such that the front sight lines up with the rear. However, with some, such as the glock, the front sight may point high or low, usually depending on the heel or tail ergonomics and frontstrap/backstrap design of the pistol. With glocks, I do the opposite that you do. I naturally point very high with glocks. I just make myself learn to the gun; shooter > gear. However, I agree that it's much better to shoot a gun you shoot naturally with. That's why I do have a primary platform I use.

Huh? did I ask a question? That being said, I agree with what you are, uh agreeing to. :ponder:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:33 pm 
Gold Member

Mtn Man in Flatland

MikeSantor wrote:
$20 bucks says Irish comes in and tells Sea how full of crap he is and dissagrees with everything

hehe, just clown`n. Please dont ban me...

Unfortunately for me I shot my first glock at the same time I shot my first Sig 226. I think the sig shot so well that it just made the glock seem like it shot like crap.

I agree on the Sig. However, contrary to some people's vanity, I don't have time nor desire to read everything they said and look for a spot to hit em on. :facepalm:

Oh, and you owe me twenty bucks. I will send you my paypal info. :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:46 pm 

I rep that west

:lmao:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:30 pm 
Forum Supporter

Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.
Blocks don't fit my hand at all so I don't own one. I do have a Storm Lake Glock 10mm barrel though for when I get around to getting a Robar grip reduced G20.

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:25 am 

panzermk2 wrote:
Blocks don't fit my hand at all so I don't own one. I do have a Storm Lake Glock 10mm barrel though for when I get around to getting a Robar grip reduced G20.

This is the setup im looking to have by the end of the year. have been honing my skills at grip reductions for about a year now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:51 pm 

Glocks are one of those "great guns, but not for me" ones. I never got to interested in them I think cause, to me anyway, they aren't customizable enough (I like to tinker with my guns), and when I have shot them, as other members have said, when I draw up and point the gun seems to be pointing downwards. I know practice would fix that, but to me, why would I buy a gun that doesn't already feel natural as many others do. But those two complaints are just pet peeves of mine, and nothing against the functionality of the gun. Plus even if they make a model I like, I could never say it out loud in front of my one friend who's a Glock nut. So I'll just keep telling him how many generations will it be till they finally perfect the "Glock Perfection." :laugh:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:23 pm 

I own a G21 and G30. I love both of them. Was never a fan until I bought one off a LEO that needed money for a 1911. It shot great for me from the first round I fired and I couldn't be happier with it. It all comes down to what feels good in your hand and shoots well for you. Some folks out there will only shoot bolt guns over AR style guns in the same caliber. Do whats best for you and yours especially when you're looking for a carry weapon. You'll be more confident when you need to use it and that is all that matters.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:14 pm 

:agree:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:22 am 

Glock is the working mans gun. It looks like a black vcr with a trigger, the standard trigger in my opinion sucks compared to a SA dedicated trigger( i hate the trigger on my M&P too), and the ergonomics aren't for everybody. That said the gun works very well and is probably the least picky of guns made today. Its combat accuracy is stellar and many shoot and win competitions with completely stock Glocks. I've owned a couple, shot many, and have never had an issue with any of them. I cant say that for any other handgun that i've shot.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:23 pm 

Panzer,
I do like the idea of a robar grip reduction on a 10mm Glock, but for me it would need a new barrel as well (revert back to the thread on the Storm Lake barrels), new sights, and probably the slide release extension (only because I like it).

Actually just saw this the other day on a different forum.

http://glockstore.com/index/384_Custom+Guns/

Blue,

Some of them have a tactical trigger job too. You know they are better than regular trigger jobs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:51 pm 
Gold Member

Mtn Man in Flatland

Glocks are fine, but in no way more esteemed than any other quality pistol in that price range. No difference in reliability in my experience either. Their 'bullet proof' reputation is largely marketing. They are solid, but so are SW M&Ps, Sigs, CZs, etc. All depends what feels best in the hand and pulling the trigger. And frankly, I think they are 150 bucks too expensive for what you get.

I would buy a G20SF, but only because it is a hi cap 10 mm. I sold my G29, hated the feel in my hand. The moment someone enters the market with competition, likely I will look their way first.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:12 pm 

I agree Irish. I would like one just so how much I can really change on it, and I have to look and see what the cost is for me, you have me curious now, and I swear to god if it says price on request like Tikka, Sig, and FNH I'm going to be very annoyed. haha.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:24 am 
Gold Member

The Gen 4 edition of the Glock addresses the grip issue with changeable backstraps. Install a Ghost Rocket trigger and then shoot the hell out of it. The Rocket results in about a 3.5 lb. trigger pull and a much faster reset. As for caliber, the 9mm is the cheapest to shoot; the G30 in .45 cal is the "softest" shooting .45 I've ever tried. It probably will be my next pistol since my Dillon is already setup to load .45. I agree with an earlier post that advances in ammunition design have altered the playing field. And, yep, it ain't a pretty gun.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:37 am 

Location: Embarked on 2 acres of floating Soverign US Territory
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you look at a gun for pure functionality, then a Glock is perfection; nature's Shark- no more evolution required.

If you want a piece of modern art in your hands, there are plenty of choice on the market, open to your own interpretations.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:00 am 

SeaHawkDriver-B wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you look at a gun for pure functionality, then a Glock is perfection; nature's Shark- no more evolution required.

If you want a piece of modern art in your hands, there are plenty of choice on the market, open to your own interpretations.

I couldn't have said it better my self, this is why with every new gun purchase I make I always stack it up vs glocks and think hrmmm I could dual weild glock 19s for the same price as my 5.7 ... When I was young and got my 1st glock with the sheriff dept I hated it caus of how it looked, now that I'm older I love them for how they work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:07 am 

Theres a reason approx. 65% of Law enforcement agencies carry Glocks...Their inexpenisve and dependable! If you think thats marketing than your crazy.
No safeties to malfunction or for the shooter to forget. Standard 5lb trigger, high cap mags, lightweight design, point and shoot accuracy.
I have 3 now, 21,23,30. 30 was my carry for years and have a 3.5 lb trigger, full length tungsten guide rod, trijicon night sights, 10 round capacity. There
are as many parts out there to customize these things as for the 1911, you just gotta look.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:20 pm 

Location: Embarked on 2 acres of floating Soverign US Territory
I have several glocks and enjoy the interchangability. The 19 my wife keeps by her bed, and the 26 she keeps in her purse; same functionality, same grip, same mags, same ammo, same sights. The 29 I CCW; same deal goes the 20SF Longslide I carry in the woods. I also have a 30SF I use for CCW, it is the exact same lower as the 29, fits in the same holster, same footprint, same weight, the list goes on.... The 17C I keep in the truck with (4) 33rd happy sticks is essentially the same weapon I plan to purchase for IDPA, the 34. Anyways, the piont being I feel like I have an unlimited number of caliber and size choices for a dozen different applications in essentially the same platform.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:41 am 

Fantastic plastic, combat tupperware, whatever you want to call it....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:59 am 

flyingirish04 wrote:

Huh? did I ask a question? That being said, I agree with what you are, uh agreeing to. :ponder:

Blue was just answering your next question. But now that he answered it there's no need to ask... Cary on

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:02 pm 

I own 11 Glocks now. I bought my first G17 (Gen 1) while in college then switched to the magnificant G19 (Gen 2) in '93 or '94 and sold the 17. I now own every caliber except 45 GAP (no interest whatsoever). My favorites are still the 19, the 21SF, the 34 and big 20 10mm. I own no Gen4 Glocks and will probably stick with my Gen2 and 3s.

While I own a 357 Sig Match Barrell to drop in my G23 I really don't see much difference ballistically in .357 Sig and 9mm +P+. I have loads of +P+ ammo and like being able to train with cheap ammo then put the nasty +P+ stuff in my carry gun. I probably shoot 357 Sig less than any other caliber just because it is so damn expensive shoot (along with 10mm- I rarely shoot it but carry it as hunting sidearm a lot).

I think the M&P and the XD are both solid guns but I can get Glock parts at 7-11 and spare mags at Sonic in the kids meal. Being able to buy parts and cheap $20 mags is a great deal. In 2008 I bought around 100 Glock mags at the Market Hall Gun Show in Dallas for $11.99/each. Hard to beat that deal and now I have enough mags to last a lifetime!! My kids and someday grandkids will have hi-cap mags for their Glocks long after I kick-it!!

Page 2 of 5 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next