9MM Guns

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
57js

Re: 9MM Guns

Post by 57js » 05 Sep 2011, 08:35

flyingirish04 wrote:And the endorsement for the phantom is kool-aid free. I don't own a single CZ pistol, I prefer the feel and accuracy of Sigs. But I would buy a Phantom before I ever bought a poly SigPro or 250.
That is saying a lot since I was looking into the SigPro and the P250.

CZFAN

Post by CZFAN » 14 Sep 2011, 10:06

I own a Few CZ's and my 3 fav's are PCR, Duty P07, SP01. Also the older Steyr M9's are Ranked highly if you can find them.

Check out my intro post below.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=555&start=1320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

57js

Post by 57js » 16 Sep 2011, 18:56

Well I went ahead and ordered a 75B which should I get in several weeks. How many magazines come with it, and does CZ include a speed loader? If not, what do you guys recommend?

Looking forward to taking it out to the desert to see if Blue and Jay's ravings are accurate.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 16 Sep 2011, 20:34

57js wrote:Well I went ahead and ordered a 75B which should I get in several weeks. How many magazines come with it, and does CZ include a speed loader? If not, what do you guys recommend?

Looking forward to taking it out to the desert to see if Blue and Jay's ravings are accurate.
CZ is a combat pistol, as I've said, many times. Do you think using a mag loader is part of their combat course? :lmao:

Kidding aside, each pistol comes with a different number of magazines, usually 1 or 2.

It's one of the best to me, but YOU have to decide what works the best for you, and not rely on what I think :)

Sorry if I came off as rude, I don't mean to be. I just don't like to be held accountable to someone's "test" of whether what I said was "true". I'm sure you will have a great time shooting it and love the CZ :thumb:

I went back to read my review, and you're totally right, it was pretty raving HAHA

I guess I have to own up there... :D
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

57js

Post by 57js » 17 Sep 2011, 07:17

blueorison wrote:
57js wrote:Well I went ahead and ordered a 75B which should I get in several weeks. How many magazines come with it, and does CZ include a speed loader? If not, what do you guys recommend?

CZ is a combat pistol, as I've said, many times. Do you think using a mag loader is part of their combat course? :lmao:

Kidding aside, each pistol comes with a different number of magazines, usually 1 or 2.

It's one of the best to me, but YOU have to decide what works the best for you, and not rely on what I think :)

Sorry if I came off as rude, I don't mean to be. I just don't like to be held accountable to someone's "test" of whether what I said was "true". I'm sure you will have a great time shooting it and love the CZ :thumb:

I went back to read my review, and you're totally right, it was pretty raving HAHA

I guess I have to own up there... :D
I just hope the magazines are easier to load than the Glock 17C magazines I loaded back in 2009 which was when I shot my first gun. Those rounds were a pain to load, and I was never able to fully load that magazine. Then my friend showed me his speed loader for his Glock, and loading went much quicker.

Combat pistol so part of the combat course is to bring 10+ fully loaded magazines to the range so you don't have to worry about reloading the magazines until you have plenty of time later. Got it. :)

One or two magazines? Wow that is unusual as many manufacturers try to standardize their products. I found extra magazines for $30 a piece, and will do a little more digging to see if there is a better price, but I think I will pick up a few extra magazines. I still have three for my FsN which is fine for me, but probably should have at least three for the CZ.

You didn't come off as rude, you gave your opinion which is all that I asked. When shopping for certain products, including guns, people need to hear from other people who have used the product for a while especially since either it is impossible to shoot the gun before hand or shooting a rental gun for thirty minutes won't tell too much about the gun. Like a ten minute test drive a car, that doesn't tell you too much at all. Both you and Jay are often right (hope Lisa isn't reading this :) ) so I respect your opinions, and I haven't heard of anyone saying one bad thing about the CZ so it is the right decision to make.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 17 Sep 2011, 08:42

Thanks for understanding, 57J :) If you have any questions that you need a quick answer to, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help out.

The Glock 17C mags and all Glock magazines; I feel that these are the easiest mags to load out of any gun. Were you loading 10 round mags? If you were, those are always hard to load because the springs are very firm and have strong resistance.

CZ's should hold 14-15 rounds, and the rounds are not hard to load at all, to me.

Many competitors at USPSA, LE included, use maglula and other magazine loaders. I would recommend to you that you build up your dexterity and finger strength by hand loading your ammunition. I'm not going to get into a long post, but people do not understand how important it is to load their magazines by hand, and how this simple exercise is very important in helping you become a good shooter. It might seem trivial, but it really isn't. I've mentioned before; I deem it so important that no one on my team is allowed to use a magazine loader.
Shoot more, worry less.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 17 Sep 2011, 09:19

You can get 18 and 20 round mags as well, and even with a new may I have never had an issue with CZ

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 17 Sep 2011, 09:28

Actually let me know if you need mags, I can get them for less than $10 near where I live

I am a bit of a cz fanatic as well' Blue has created the ultimate monster with me.

The close proximity of the CZ Custom shop did not help matters.

If you need sights or anything just pm me, I get discounts as I spend a lot at the shop and I would be happy to help

57js

Post by 57js » 17 Sep 2011, 13:01

blueorison wrote:Thanks for understanding, 57J :) If you have any questions that you need a quick answer to, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help out.

The Glock 17C mags and all Glock magazines; I feel that these are the easiest mags to load out of any gun. Were you loading 10 round mags? If you were, those are always hard to load because the springs are very firm and have strong resistance.

CZ's should hold 14-15 rounds, and the rounds are not hard to load at all, to me.

Many competitors at USPSA, LE included, use maglula and other magazine loaders. I would recommend to you that you build up your dexterity and finger strength by hand loading your ammunition. I'm not going to get into a long post, but people do not understand how important it is to load their magazines by hand, and how this simple exercise is very important in helping you become a good shooter. It might seem trivial, but it really isn't. I've mentioned before; I deem it so important that no one on my team is allowed to use a magazine loader.
Thank you, I appreciate it. Maybe this forum should be re-classified for the FsN and CZ 75B models since the CZ is also discussed quite often here.

It has been a few years so I don't recall what size magazines I was using. I know it wasn't the 33 rounders. I live in Nevada where we can have any size magazines we want, but it could have been a ten round magazine at the range. Wouldn't surprise me since people aren't buying too many of them here. It was probably me since I never even held a pistol before I shot that Glock. Nervous doesn't begin to describe how I felt. I probably drove the RSO crazy because I was asking him if I was loading the magazines correctly, and operating the gun correctly several times. The range showed me previously how to load the mag, but it was the first I was touching ammunition I didn't want to screw up. It took me a short time to figure how to probably load the FsN mag which tells you how bad I was.

CZ mags are supposed to hold 16 rounds though I saw that someone sells a 19 round magazine as well. I expect it will be hard to load the magazines at first due to the spring resistance, but maybe if I load them as much as I can and let the magazines sit for a bit, it will help the springs.

I have a couple of .22LR Black Dog magazines. I was able to get 15 rounds in one, and 18 in another before I could put any more in. Each magazine holds 26 rounds. Took it to someone I know who was able to force each enough rounds in each magazine to max it out, left the ammo in there for a week or so, and no problems filling the magazines now. Hopefully I can get the same result with the CZ magazines.

57js

Post by 57js » 17 Sep 2011, 13:04

Tachycardia wrote:You can get 18 and 20 round mags as well, and even with a new may I have never had an issue with CZ
I saw 19 round magazines on some website (want to say it is the CZ Custom shop), but it was out of stock. Never saw the 20 round magazines. How far do they stick out, and where can I find them?

Really wishing I found a cheaper hobby. :)

57js

Post by 57js » 17 Sep 2011, 13:06

Tachycardia wrote:Actually let me know if you need mags, I can get them for less than $10 near where I live

I am a bit of a cz fanatic as well' Blue has created the ultimate monster with me.

If you need sights or anything just pm me, I get discounts as I spend a lot at the shop and I would be happy to help
Thank you. I will certainly need some additional magazines. Don't know exactly how many, but probably two or three. I found 16 round magazines ranging from $30 online to $50 at my local shop. I keep trying to buy locally, but the prices aren't letting me do that.

I just posted asking about 20 round magazines. Do you know how much they are?

Thanks.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 17 Sep 2011, 18:31

57js wrote:
Tachycardia wrote:Actually let me know if you need mags, I can get them for less than $10 near where I live

Thank you. I will certainly need some additional magazines. Don't know exactly how many, but probably two or three. I found 16 round magazines ranging from $30 online to $50 at my local shop. I keep trying to buy locally, but the prices aren't letting me do that.

Thanks.
Place by me has 15rd mags for 10 bucks and some 18rd as well.

The 20 rounders are $47 new from CZ Custom, I'll look and see if there are any used locally.
I have a couple of 15 rounders I'll never use if you want them, just pm me an addy

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 17 Sep 2011, 18:32

http://czcustom.com/CZ-Magazines-Mags.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are new ones.

Gunbroker is a great place for used ones, Backpage as well

Valorius
Banned
custom title: 5.7 proponent

Post by Valorius » 17 Sep 2011, 19:03

I just got a Sig P228 (US M11) about a month ago. Have always been a fan of the model, so when i saw a police trade in for $385, i snatched it up faster than a speeding bullet.

My P228 w/ 18rd Mec Gar P226 magazine, X-grip, and tritium front sight.

It shoots like a laser beam. For anyone looking for a 9mm, i cannot recommend the Sig P228 highly enough. :)

57js

Post by 57js » 18 Sep 2011, 09:11

Tachycardia wrote:http://czcustom.com/CZ-Magazines-Mags.aspx

Here are new ones.

Gunbroker is a great place for used ones, Backpage as well
I was looking for their magazines, and only found the factory magazines. Thanks. I do go on GB from time to time, and have seen them there.

57js

Post by 57js » 18 Sep 2011, 16:37

Tachycardia wrote:
57js wrote:

Thanks.
Place by me has 15rd mags for 10 bucks and some 18rd as well.

The 20 rounders are $47 new from CZ Custom, I'll look and see if there are any used locally.
I have a couple of 15 rounders I'll never use if you want them, just pm me an addy
Sent you a pm. Thank you.

sib1948

Post by sib1948 » 19 Sep 2011, 19:47

I love my HK P30. Very accurate and flawless performance with over 3000 rounds fired over the last several months. More pricey than other models mentioned, but "You get what you pay for" with HK quality.

57js

Post by 57js » 03 Oct 2011, 16:39

blueorison wrote:...
I haven't received my CZ 75B yet, but the extra magazines that I ordered did some in today. I decided to load them up now with all 16 rounds, and I had no problem. Blue is certainly right (did I actually say that? :D ). It was a little tougher to put the last round or two in, but it wasn't bad at all. I am going to pass on the mag loader since I don't think I need it. I should have the 75B next week, and I look forward to taking it out to the desert.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 03 Oct 2011, 17:08

57js wrote:
blueorison wrote:Blue is certainly right (did I actually say that? :D )
Am I usually wrong? I don't get what you are saying... :ponder:
Shoot more, worry less.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Oct 2011, 18:33

I think he just didn't want to feed your ego by saying you were right yet AGAIN :)

You said no one on your team is allowed to use them - how many rounds did they load on those days? I ask because the shooting courses I have taken actually had us buy a loader. We were going to be shooting at least 400 rounds that day & they didn't want us spending half the day loading mags.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045