New Additions to my CZ family

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
CenCalSplicer

Re: New Additions to my CZ family

Post by CenCalSplicer » 22 Jun 2011, 20:13

I give no pity to Blue, he gets to shoot a ton of cool guns and compete with them too. He is young and has plenty of time to grow a sizable arsenal to train with. :p

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 22 Jun 2011, 20:37

Shooting isn't the same as owning

:(
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member
custom title: A.K.A. DW

Post by SHEEPDOG » 22 Jun 2011, 21:10

Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free? Do they give you ammo too. :cya:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 22 Jun 2011, 21:43

You guys must be dreaming. I shoot production guns mostly, Glocks etc. I've shot customs but they have no practical use for me.

Why would I get free ammunition... EA has been the only generous sponsor of my matches. Now, the girls I bring to the matches always seem to get free ammunition...

The fact is that you will almost never see someone that is college-aged shoot USPSA. The reason is that no one gives a crap about people like me. It's true, and no one wants to admit it.

They sponsor Juniors under 18 years of age, I've seen them decked out in 5000$ race guns etc. The only other guys you will see are aged $35 and up. That's because it's just expensive enough that people like me who are college kids cannot afford it and since we aren't WOMEN, no one cares.

The only people that get free stuff in shooting sports are women and kids under 18. Say this in public, and you'll piss people off. But it's true. I'm not going to go there, though. There has been a longstanding distaste with some USPSA shooters on how women shooters are treated. The ladies on my UT squad and my good lady shooter friends agree with me, that there is an aspect of being a "lady shooter" that produces much unequal scoring and prizing. They don't mind the free stuff, though.
Shoot more, worry less.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 22 Jun 2011, 21:56

Aww, cheer up blue. Grow that hair a bit longer and stuff ur bra and they could confuse you for a girl. What's that movie? Oh yeah "Sorority Boys" or something like that. Hey, and you already are in college! Simple!

I Keed, I keed.

Please don't ban me :(
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 22 Jun 2011, 22:10

Haha, no worries, Irish. I've always had a very friendly appropriation for self-mockery. :lmao: :thumb:

Trust me, when everyone judges you on appearance at almost every match I go to, I hear people mock my haircut at almost every match. I don't take it seriously and focus on my shooting, instead.

After I am done shooting, I usually have to listen to them spit insults about other less PC things behind my back. It's REALLY funny to listen to comments on the videos that they don't know are being filmed when I'm running a stage :)

"This guy thinks he's high speed low drag or something, why is he running so fast?"

"What the heck kind of gun is that?" (on my Production gun...)

"This kid needs a haircut."

It gets worse from there. My coach tells me those people are insecure and not to worry about it. I generally listen to my coach, but sometimes it's hard to not let it bother you a bit.
Shoot more, worry less.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 23 Jun 2011, 06:09

I don't care what you look like...other than the fact I get to make fun of you for it (all good natured of course...for the most part ;))

It is funny though how many people are actually bugged or even angered by a person's get up or appearance. Really stupid. I want to tell them all to get a life.

Mister Freeze
custom title: 159.6

Post by Mister Freeze » 23 Jun 2011, 06:30

I give you sh!t right to your face. The haircut is bad, though, but so what? Now, the fact that it could put you at a tactical disadvantage by blocking your sight picture... I guess you could claim it camouflages the fact that you might be covertly observing BG's...

You should use the chix to your advantage: have your lady friends give you the free ammo and share the freebies (with me). I'm pretty low on ammo myself these days...

Back on topic: Has anyone actually laid hands on a CZ75BD in stainless? A ss Shadow would be nice too!

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 23 Jun 2011, 08:48

Mister Freeze wrote:I give you sh!t right to your face. The haircut is bad, though, but so what? Now, the fact that it could put you at a tactical disadvantage by blocking your sight picture... I guess you could claim it camouflages the fact that you might be covertly observing BG's...

You should use the chix to your advantage: have your lady friends give you the free ammo and share the freebies (with me). I'm pretty low on ammo myself these days...

Back on topic: Has anyone actually laid hands on a CZ75BD in stainless? A ss Shadow would be nice too!
This place has a few, I texted you these yesterday Blue.
I had to get a break to make it back in to exchange your shirt for a small, it will be enroute today with that med kit using the fedex number I gave you

I handled most of these guns while I was having a smaller FO front site put on an a CZ longer rear site that required milling the hammer to allow a fit. The combo gives a hell of a good sight picture.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

With the new sights set up at 10-15 yards it is a tack driver, this gun is a far better shooter than I.
I will post a full range report on it when I get the time

The little ones are .32 and .25 CZ prototypes made in the custom shop that will be available next year.

This place is awesome and Rob is great to chat with.

Blue, when you come through We will go on a field trip to the shop.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 23 Jun 2011, 08:49

I forgot to take pics of the Dan Wesson side....1911 heaven over there.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 24 Jun 2011, 08:46

Blue, you may not want to see this.

I had some of my Reed fly fishing gear on backpage and I got a few trade offers, one being a guy who had a CZ SP01 Phantom.
I ended up giving up an expensive fly rod and reel but I still have another and I don't get to the river much now that I left Alaska

Anyway here it is, came with 4 mags, a blade-tech holster and the kicker is that CZ Custom shop had done a trigger job and custom hammey in January, which her provided the invoice for and they had the poly base replaced for free from CZ.
It has fiber optic front and CZ custom rear.
A few scuffs, but I took it to the range for a test and it shot GREAT, surprisingly not much more recoil then my much heavier Shadow, and the trigger job is sweeeeet.
Much lighter than I expected and fit and finish is quite nice and I generally do not like poly guns.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 24 Jun 2011, 09:06

I have never seen those micro CZs. I assume they are 32s and 380s?

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 24 Jun 2011, 09:12

flyingirish04 wrote:I have never seen those micro CZs. I assume they are 32s and 380s?
.32 and .25, those are the only 2 from what Rob from CZ was telling me.
They created them at the custom shop and CZ is going to have them make them and sell them next year under their banner.

I handled them and they are cool little guns, the tan one has been customized a bit more but I was told they fire well.

The PCR Proteck I is on my short list for CCW, I have the compact now but after feeling this one and seeing the improvements I feel it is worth the price for such a good weapon.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 24 Jun 2011, 09:17

Makes sense. I can handload some 32s that are much, much faster than 380s. The 32 ACP is a neat little round, but the market seems to like the 380. The .25 I don't really see a need for. With new 22LR rounds, there really isn't a reason to have that caliber. I would buy one if it came in 22LR for sure though.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 24 Jun 2011, 09:49

I have the Beretta Tomcat in .32 and I tend to like that round more than the 380 for a pocket pistol.
Loaded with the proper round I think it can easily be efficient, but as you said, the market is big on the 380 at the moment despite it's cost for rounds.

I snag one in .22 as well if it is offered.

The custom shop is stuffed full of the random creations of Angus and his staff, and they are very pleasant to talk and deal with.

The reloading room is nuts, with it's motorized 1050.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 24 Jun 2011, 09:53

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 24 Jun 2011, 09:59

That phantom is sexy!

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 24 Jun 2011, 11:02

THat 1050 is sweet. I need to get a dillon. That will be my next big reloading purchase. It will be perfect if I use it for 9mm and 45 ACP, maybe even 223.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 24 Jun 2011, 11:31

flyingirish04 wrote:THat 1050 is sweet. I need to get a dillon. That will be my next big reloading purchase. It will be perfect if I use it for 9mm and 45 ACP, maybe even 223.
I ended up selling the lee and getting a XL 650, I figured I may just pay $150 more and get the best one.

The Dillon shop is in Scottsdale, 20 miles from me so it was nice to go in there and talk about my needs and get the right one.

It was spendy but it will be worth the cost over time, and from what have have read, Dillon is great as far as CS is concerned, which is a big selling point for me and the reason I always will go to Angus and his shop for my needs.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 24 Jun 2011, 11:44

flyingirish04 wrote:THat 1050 is sweet. I need to get a dillon. That will be my next big reloading purchase. It will be perfect if I use it for 9mm and 45 ACP, maybe even 223.

That PW drive system looks cool but there is a price to pay. The press does not always run that nice. When the case feeder messes up and it WILL the brass gets crushed,mangled and dragged through the system. Jams everything up including creates a PIA manual clearing of the Primer system. When you ad up the jam time, set up times etc. it's slower then manually pulling the handle.

Plus to use it you have to get the bullet feeding toolhead or risk loosing fingers. The GSI head is limited in what bullets it can feed.

Also and this is a BIGGIE, you loose the powder check station. Think about that. No powder check.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 24 Jun 2011, 11:51

I more posted it for the neat factor, the issues you presented are the ones I was thinking as well.

I am new to reloading but I like checking and double checking everything, I am a bit paranoid that way.

Irish, if you end up with a Dillon I have a strongmount that came with it that I won't need, it raises up the machine a bit but at my size it is really not a need.
It's yours if you go that route, just shoot me a pm

ShockedNKansas
custom title: G0 SH0X

Post by ShockedNKansas » 24 Jun 2011, 12:27

Tachycardia wrote:No no, just forgot to mention it, I kept the Match for the .38 and 10mm shooting, which is rare but fun.

38 super is a GREAT round to shoot, way more fun than the 10mm and VERY accurate.
I could never part with my Match, and it will be used again when the Shadow goes back into the shop for a new sight
That's good to hear! I thought the EAA Match train was headin' on down the tracks and left me behind (still with no gun).. heh. :)