Five Seven sighting in question

Discuss the FN Handgun lineup; the High Power, FNP, and FNX line.
Drago

Five Seven sighting in question

Post by Drago » 27 Feb 2013, 18:28

Just had my (factory adjustable sights) 5.7 accurized by EA but it is now shooting 10" low. I am assuming they had to reset rear sight to do the work. At what distance should I resight this thing in at? Does it make a difference with a handgun?

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: Five Seven sighting in question

Post by Rapier1772 » 27 Feb 2013, 19:07

Big shift, yikes. I don't recall what mine was but I don't think it was that far. Distance for sighting is very subjective, it is really what you want to sight it for - more or less. My sights are bottomed out right how, still ~1.5" high at 20yd.
As for sighting distance - do you carry your FsN for CCW? If so, does your state any "rules of engagement" distance wise? I've heard rumors that such nonsense exists.
Sight for carry (distance & ammo), use everything else to work on grouping.

If don't carry the FsN for CCW, at what distances do you usually shoot at? That's what I would recommend sighting at.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 27 Feb 2013, 19:30

I typically sight in a handgun at 21 feet (7 yds). The Five-seven is a little different because it shoots faster and flatter. You could open up the distance with it if you wanted to without really hurting the up close accuracy.

Stupid auto-correct won't let me capitalize the "N" in Five-seven.

Mike

Drago

Post by Drago » 27 Feb 2013, 19:36

Makes sence, I'll just play around with it once I obtain some more ammo, I am regretting my capitalism and selling the bulk of my ammo. Just thought there may be a starting point, but know that I think about it, this was probably was a stupid question as I will never be shooting this thing at any significant distance.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 27 Feb 2013, 19:39

Know your dope at every yardage.

Out to 100yds.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 28 Feb 2013, 09:23

Drago wrote:Just had my (factory adjustable sights) 5.7 accurized by EA but it is now shooting 10" low. I am assuming they had to reset rear sight to do the work. At what distance should I resight this thing in at? Does it make a difference with a handgun?

Your also used to the old trigger. We remove the rear sight as a unit. We don't change any adjustments. Most likely it's you anticipating recoil and with the new trigger breaking sooner is catching you out.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Mister Freeze
custom title: 159.6

Post by Mister Freeze » 28 Feb 2013, 09:25

blueorison wrote:Know your dope at every yardage.

Out to 100yds.

+1

Drago

Post by Drago » 28 Feb 2013, 16:25

panzermk2 wrote:
Drago wrote:Just had my (factory adjustable sights) 5.7 accurized by EA but it is now shooting 10" low. I am assuming they had to reset rear sight to do the work. At what distance should I resight this thing in at? Does it make a difference with a handgun?

Your also used to the old trigger. We remove the rear sight as a unit. We don't change any adjustments. Most likely it's you anticipating recoil and with the new trigger breaking sooner is catching you out.
Hmmm, grouped 5 rounds 1.5" @ 10 meters 10" low, then went to the bag with same outcome. Rear sight is sitting up really high now after some sighting (needs more). They where all the way down when the gun came back. They either got moved or I got someone else's unit. No complaints, it's a nasty beast now!

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 01 Mar 2013, 23:40

Drago wrote:
panzermk2 wrote:

Hmmm, grouped 5 rounds 1.5" @ 10 meters 10" low, then went to the bag with same outcome. Rear sight is sitting up really high now after some sighting (needs more). They where all the way down when the gun came back. They either got moved or I got someone else's unit. No complaints, it's a nasty beast now!

I try not to change anything. If I mess with sights I laser bore sight them. I don't know what happened.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Drago

Post by Drago » 02 Mar 2013, 16:27

It's really not a problem, happy with the work.