I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss the FN Handgun lineup; the High Power, FNP, and FNX line.
Fotis
Junior Member
Posts: 146
Joined: 11 Dec 2011, 20:45
Location: Cheyenne Wy

I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fotis » 31 Jan 2013, 09:39

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =326574628" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :evil: :evil:

FN574me
Junior Member
Posts: 49
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 10:25

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by FN574me » 31 Jan 2013, 09:51

5 bids, current bid $50.50 and reserve not met. Now that is getting steep for a magazine. But as you can see, some folks will go for it.

chrisbuser
Junior Member
Posts: 23
Joined: 06 Jun 2012, 08:35
Location: Rhode Island

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by chrisbuser » 31 Jan 2013, 09:58

If you are looking this place is accepting backorders on 20rd mags for $40.95 http://fn57accessories.com/index.php?ro ... duct_id=53" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fotis
Junior Member
Posts: 146
Joined: 11 Dec 2011, 20:45
Location: Cheyenne Wy

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fotis » 31 Jan 2013, 10:08

Thank you. I just get so pissed at these ...... taking advantage

User avatar
bobapunk
Gold Member
Posts: 691
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 17:10
custom title: EA's range buddy
Location: Peoria, IL

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by bobapunk » 31 Jan 2013, 11:12

If they are not getting money from you, what is your problem?

This is called capitalism, supply and demand and all that.

If his price is higher than someone is willing to pay, he will be forced to reduced is asking price.

Simple as that...
Image

User avatar
Rapier1772
Global Moderator
Posts: 12162
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:00
Location: American Falls, ID

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Rapier1772 » 31 Jan 2013, 12:05

How is that a thief? People are choosing to bid that much. So what if his reserve is high, guess he won't sell it. It's an auction site, don't like it - don't bid.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

User avatar
MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
Posts: 7018
Joined: 27 Aug 2008, 12:44
custom title: Sweeper
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by MrSlippyFist » 31 Jan 2013, 12:16

Rapier1772 wrote:How is that a thief? People are choosing to bid that much. So what if his reserve is high, guess he won't sell it. It's an auction site, don't like it - don't bid.

Boom.
Image
Embrace the Suck

fd57
Senior Member
Posts: 772
Joined: 29 Jan 2010, 14:13

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by fd57 » 31 Jan 2013, 13:23

Here is a sincere question for anyone who thinks the current and recent prices on forums, GunBroker, and at gun shows is gouging or too high or robbery:

1) Do you say or think the same for the clothing you purchase at the department store which typically has a 200% or more markup?

2) Do you say or think the same for the prepared meals you purchase at a restaurant or market, which again, have a very large markup?

3) Do you say or think the same for the bottled water you purchase in a plastic bottle, which again, has a very large markup?

User avatar
MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
Posts: 7018
Joined: 27 Aug 2008, 12:44
custom title: Sweeper
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by MrSlippyFist » 31 Jan 2013, 13:34

I don't think current prices are 'gouging', they are too high, not robbery because no one is forcing you to purchase anything. If the crap is priced too high, don't buy it.

1.) I don't buy clothing at department stores unless its the clearance rack, only fools pay retail. Most of what is in my closet was gifted.
2.) Having ran a restaurant I can say that most don't have a 'very large markup', it covers costs of all services provided with a small profit margin.
3.) LOLZ, sheeple still pay for bottled water?
Image
Embrace the Suck

toyslr
Senior Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: 26 Mar 2009, 09:56
Location: Cypress, Texas
Contact:

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by toyslr » 31 Jan 2013, 13:52

no one is forcing the idiots to bid! thieves are people who do <profanity> like this...

Image
Last edited by Rapier1772 on 31 Jan 2013, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

Fotis
Junior Member
Posts: 146
Joined: 11 Dec 2011, 20:45
Location: Cheyenne Wy

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fotis » 08 Feb 2013, 08:34

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =328908926" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fotis
Junior Member
Posts: 146
Joined: 11 Dec 2011, 20:45
Location: Cheyenne Wy

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fotis » 08 Feb 2013, 08:36

:evil: :evil:
Last edited by Fotis on 08 Feb 2013, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.

Fotis
Junior Member
Posts: 146
Joined: 11 Dec 2011, 20:45
Location: Cheyenne Wy

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fotis » 08 Feb 2013, 08:36

My problem is the local gun shops are doing the same thing. I make a mental note of it and when Sportsman's Warehouse comes in here June 1 The local gouging priks will never see cent 1 from me ever again! :p

User avatar
Rapier1772
Global Moderator
Posts: 12162
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:00
Location: American Falls, ID

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Rapier1772 » 08 Feb 2013, 08:53

I think you are misunderstanding the auction.

The "Buy it now" price may not actually reflect the reserve the seller is willing to sell for. There are currently no bids. Put in a bid for $40-$45 (since there are 2 boxes), then you'll get a better idea about the seller.

All that auction tells me is that someone wants to sell factory ammo. But is also willing to stick it to anyone who is foolish enough to rush the auction.

UPDATE: The reserve is more than $40 :laugh: Well, at least I tried :laugh:
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

User avatar
Vortec MAX
Gold Member
Posts: 1159
Joined: 09 Nov 2008, 17:56
Location: Idaho

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Vortec MAX » 08 Feb 2013, 09:51

I'm guilty. I have been profiting from our crazy times.

I know that distributors have been raising prices to get in on the action too. So some of the increase is not the fault of the retailer.

Of course, on the other end, I'm getting nailed too. I needed a lower receiver and cannot find one at a "fair" price. So, I ended up buying an entire Colt rifle so I could part it out and keep the lower.

It is nuts out there. Stay indoors.

Mike

Sinder
Junior Member
Posts: 22
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 22:31
Location: Colorado

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sinder » 08 Feb 2013, 10:24

supply and demand my friend. are you a thief if there was no reserve and you could pick it up for $10 a mag or .20 a bullet because no one was bidding?

Fotis
Junior Member
Posts: 146
Joined: 11 Dec 2011, 20:45
Location: Cheyenne Wy

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fotis » 08 Feb 2013, 10:50

Sinder wrote:supply and demand my friend. are you a thief if there was no reserve and you could pick it up for $10 a mag or .20 a bullet because no one was bidding?

That is the opposite side of the spectrum and non realistic.

Call it Capitalism or supply and demand. If someone wants 200.00 for one FN magazine to me he is a thief and should be kicked in the junk multiple times.

I guess we must agree to disagree. :ponder:

I too have tons of brass bullets etc. I sold my "overstock" but not at these prices. I put them on the forums for a down to earth price. I refuse to gouge my fellow shooter. Some brass I just gave away.

romer522
Senior Member
Posts: 2494
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:04
Location: WA

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by romer522 » 08 Feb 2013, 13:25

fd57 wrote:Here is a sincere question for anyone who thinks the current and recent prices on forums, GunBroker, and at gun shows is gouging or too high or robbery:

1) Do you say or think the same for the clothing you purchase at the department store which typically has a 200% or more markup?

2) Do you say or think the same for the prepared meals you purchase at a restaurant or market, which again, have a very large markup?

3) Do you say or think the same for the bottled water you purchase in a plastic bottle, which again, has a very large markup?

+1

There are even bigger things to consider than that though.


The only companies out there that are making damn good money in this market are the guys that manufacture in-house, and have a steady supply/stock of materials, mostly CNC shops. You'll notice that most CNC shops were already working 24/7, already backordered, and are the ones that haven't bothered to raise prices on anything. Other than that everybody is fighting for the same materials, forgings, barrel blanks etc. Most of the smaller internet companies (and even some of the larger ones) are going to have REALLY REALLY slow sales for the next couple months, as they cannot get in anywhere near the normal volume of parts to sell, and after everything catches back up they are going to have an even slower time. Most of these companies are probably going to do 80% of their volume this year in the first 6 months, and have to cope with everything that happens in the last 6 months. In no way am I saying that this is hurting these companies, but expecting them to just pump out goods for the same amount of $$ as they used to is idiotic demand is up for EVERYTHING, including the raw materials that they use to make parts. Call em thieves all you want, but most of these guys watched what happened to a lot of companies in 2009/2010 after that demand spike settled down.....I've got ar15 lowers in my safe made by quality companies using quality materials, who went under in 09/10 because they didn't make the right decisions during the peak demand in 2008.



If anything you could make a valid argument that the prices we are seeing today are the REAL prices for these items, what people are really willing to pay when faced with the "how bad do I want one of these?" question, and that prior to this we were all just experiencing artificially low prices because nobody realized that it could all be banned away in an instant. If people weren't living with a false sense of security when it comes to firearm availability, all of these companies would have larger production capabilities and these short term demand spikes wouldn't be as severe from a pricing perspective.

romer522
Senior Member
Posts: 2494
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:04
Location: WA

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by romer522 » 08 Feb 2013, 13:29

Fotis wrote:
Sinder wrote:supply and demand my friend. are you a thief if there was no reserve and you could pick it up for $10 a mag or .20 a bullet because no one was bidding?

That is the opposite side of the spectrum and non realistic.

Call it Capitalism or supply and demand. If someone wants 200.00 for one FN magazine to me he is a thief and should be kicked in the junk multiple times.

I guess we must agree to disagree. :ponder:

I too have tons of brass bullets etc. I sold my "overstock" but not at these prices. I put them on the forums for a down to earth price. I refuse to gouge my fellow shooter. Some brass I just gave away.

How much cash would it take for you to sell all of your 5.7 mags right now?

How much cash would it take for you to sell your guns right now?

If $200 is now the going rate for a FsN mag, and you refuse to sell yours at that price(or lower) then you value your own mags above $200. If you value your own magazines above $200, how can you get pissed at someone for selling a magazine for less than you personally value it at? :wall: :wall:

There is no logic to support your opinion, and people need to realize that.

Fotis
Junior Member
Posts: 146
Joined: 11 Dec 2011, 20:45
Location: Cheyenne Wy

Re: I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fotis » 08 Feb 2013, 14:41

romer522 wrote:
Fotis wrote:
Sinder wrote:supply and demand my friend. are you a thief if there was no reserve and you could pick it up for $10 a mag or .20 a bullet because no one was bidding?

That is the opposite side of the spectrum and non realistic.

Call it Capitalism or supply and demand. If someone wants 200.00 for one FN magazine to me he is a thief and should be kicked in the junk multiple times.

I guess we must agree to disagree. :ponder:

I too have tons of brass bullets etc. I sold my "overstock" but not at these prices. I put them on the forums for a down to earth price. I refuse to gouge my fellow shooter. Some brass I just gave away.

How much cash would it take for you to sell all of your 5.7 mags right now?

How much cash would it take for you to sell your guns right now?

If $200 is now the going rate for a FsN mag, and you refuse to sell yours at that price(or lower) then you value your own mags above $200. If you value your own magazines above $200, how can you get pissed at someone for selling a magazine for less than you personally value it at? :wall: :wall:

There is no logic to support your opinion, and people need to realize that.
I sir do not have any to sell. If I did I would offer them here or 24 hour campfire at MSRP. I do not expect you to believe me but that is how I am. There are other ways to "get paid" besides money.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest