Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Discuss the FN Handgun lineup; the High Power, FNP, and FNX line.
KogaShuko
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Nov 2008, 01:03

Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by KogaShuko » 08 Oct 2011, 19:59

Here is my video review of the mount with suggestions. I am not harping on the company but this one product. I have to say this thing sucks. It is not to spec and it only works with mini dot sights (if you can call something that is way out of spec works.) Please improve the things I have suggested. Until then I am out $50, I mean $60 with the insane shipping.

Last edited by Rapier1772 on 08 Oct 2011, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed vid encoding

User avatar
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
Posts: 10628
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 14:28
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain
Contact:

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by blueorison » 08 Oct 2011, 23:06

Thanks for posting a review!

I appreciate that you took the time to film it and upload it. It was kinda long. So my response will be long, also.

I always appreciate honest reviews about companies; just because there are good companies doesn't mean that everything they make works for everyone or perhaps, works at all!

I'm going to be rather honest, as you have been in your video, but please do not take this in offense, just as facts. Let me clarify before hand that I do not want you to feel like I'm attacking you in any way, I'm just responding factually to your claims and review :)

That being said, I have never used EA's sight mount before, but I have used many mounts and MRD's, and many things you mentioned in your video were confusing to me, as many of the complaints you had were quite obvious to be common knowledge.

1. You state a lot of things that are obvious. The back up iron sights are just that... for back up. They are not "precision sights" as you mentioned. That's why.. they are not called EA Precision Sights.

2. "Next when you bring it UP, then you have to go UP, and look for the dot"

This is pretty obvious. You're supposed to use the dot to aim. It doesn't magically appear. Although, when I do use my MRD on my FsN, it appears everytime I punch out. So maybe it's natural for me. Ask any experienced shooter and they will tell you some people do not do well with dot sights, and some, when they punch out, see it immediately.

3. It's Fabrique Nationale, not Fabrique & Nationale. Hence, FN, not F&N.

4. The FNTAC.45 mount is obviously different than the EA mount. It's NOT picatinny and it was factory milled. I don't get why you're comparing it, as it's apples to oranges.

If you want to get the same kind of cowitness, it's pretty simple. Send your slide to a really experienced gunsmith and ask him if there is enough material to mill out for a flush melted mount with your MRD, and have him do it if it works. Usually costs around $400.

5. It's understood in the gun world, and in "practical" application, that when there are threads involved, and you want to keep something on something, you HAVE to add loctite. This is common knowledge. Like I said, I've not used the EA slide mount, so I can't say firsthand if it loosens, but it would make sense that it WOULD loosen...

6. I am still having trouble understanding what you're saying. At 4:15" you say "You can see the sight mount is still there!" Was it suppose to vanish? I don't get your point. "You've got something bigger than it was ever designed to be attached to this and held in place by the adjustment screw".

This, again is obvious. Of course it is bigger than it was ever designed to be... it WAS never designed to be by the FN engineers. They never designed the FsN to accept an MRD, that's why it's called an aftermarket part. I don't know about the pin, and how strong it is, as I have not used the sight. So I can't comment on your explanation in which you somehow know that the pin is not strong enough.

Wait, how DO you know the pin isn't strong enough? Do you think EA would not have tested it?

7. You should not pull the pin in and out. That would wear down on the pin. Again, very obvious. You are correct. This applies to any kind of pin, btw. Pins wear down when you remove them and replace them over and over again.

Can you state WHY the pin "sucks anyway"? Did YOU experience firsthand, it breaking? Or is it just a "feeling" of yours that it "would" break?

8. Uh... the pin "definitely broke the Microdot"? HUH? ???? The pin broke the microdot?!!! Microdots have been known to survive drops from over 50 feet. That must be some bad-to-the-bone pin.

9. AFAIK, The T1/H1 Aimpoint was never meant to be mounted on a reciprocating slide. All the handgun T1/H1 mounts that I know of are non-reciprocating. I'm pretty sure that EA stated or someone stated that it was dubious that the heavy sight would work on the FsN... which was why they tested it to be sure... again, obvious. So I don't know why you're bringing it up...

10. What round are you referring to as a "full-powered load"? A full-powered load was when EA rapid fired multiple S4-loaded magazines through the FsN when testing the Aimpoint. THAT was a full-powered load. LOL. You might be using EA rounds, I don't know.

11. You keep saying the picatinny rail is "out of spec". Your reason is because it does not sit flat. Do you know that EA designed it to sit that way? It seems that "out of spec" really means, "out of what I want it to be spec".

12. "Flushly" isn't a word. The sight is also not "curved". Circles and chicks are curvy. That sight mount looks canted or diagonal. Not curved. It just helps to use better English so I know what you're talking about. Just sayin.

13. There is a mount that you can "screw those two little screws in". Truehuntersupply supplies such a mount. He is a forum sponsor and his mount can be very easily found through the SEARCH option.

14. To use your own words, "furthermore", your PA Micro Tactical sight would STILL NOT MOUNT "FLUSHLY" to the mount, anyway. A) The picatinny mount clamps on the PA sight is integral and CANNOT be removed (please let me know if I'm wrong), so you would NOT be able to attach it to the mount you suggest B) Your sight STILL WOULD NOT MOUNT "FLUSHLY" because of the integral sight base, which raises it more than a few MOA.

15. 7:06 "There is no reason why this should be a picatinny rail mount, because there is nothing else that you can attach to this weapon, other than this dot, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing else".

Wrong. I could attach a laser. Then dremel off my front sight, and have a laser aiming device.

Or I could attach a bayonet. With which to poke my enemies' eyes out with every time the slide reciprocated SLUSH SLUSH, back and forth.

16. I don't know why shipping was $10. Can't help you with that. I don't think it's "outrageous", though.

17. I don't know why the mount isn't even and does not sit parallel on your pistol. Like you, I don't know if EA designed it not to be flush, or why they did. I'm not a machinist and I did not do the research on it. You should ask EA. Maybe it was designed to be parallel to your slide, and it just didn't fit that way, and you have a faulty unit. It happens when you machine things.

18. 13:58 Like I said, Truehuntersupply makes a flush mount plate.

19. After watching your long video, I have noted the only real issue you have is that your mount isn't parallel with your slide. To address your other "concerns"; EA posted pictures of their mount, you can see it mounts as high as yours, as it is the same mount. I don't know what you were expecting when you ordered it. Obviously, many other things that EA did not claim (or I did not read them claim). They never claimed it mounted flush to the slide, either.

20. Just to have 20.

Like I said before my numbered points, I do not know you; I'm just responding black and white to the video you posted. I do not mean any personal offense towards you, as I do not even know you. I'm not going to lie, I do find your claims and your speech ludicrous at times. I would recommend speaking to EA on the phone and resolving this issue. I'm sure they can work something out for you. They have bent over backwards in the past over and over again when they did not have to. Then again, they could tell you, "Dude, we posted pictures, what did you expect in the mail when you ordered the sight? A magic unicorn?"

The latter response is somewhat dubious.

Blue out.

Disclaimer: For those who are bad at abstracting meaning, I am not claiming EA is right, by any means. Neither am I claiming that they are wrong. I am simply responding to the video and content therein. Simply that and nothing more.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

User avatar
Rapier1772
Global Moderator
Posts: 12162
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:00
Location: American Falls, ID

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by Rapier1772 » 09 Oct 2011, 09:11

Maybe its just me but a comment or two is bordering on insulting so please be careful of that. Koga posted a review of his honest opinion, please evaluate it as such.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

User avatar
f3rr37
Site Admin
Posts: 14666
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:09

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by f3rr37 » 09 Oct 2011, 10:36

Guys, really? The guy posts an honest review and you try to rip apart his video for little things like how he says FN? How many people say HK when actually the company name is Heckler & Koch, looks like the company screwed up and left out the & in HK. Seriously, grow up.

What is a review?
re·view
[ri-vyoo]
noun
1. a critical article or report, as in a periodical, on a book, play, recital, or the like; critique; evaluation.
Nowhere do I see says it can't contain personal opinion of a product. In fact, most product reviews do contain personal opinion.

The one thing that companies actually like about reviews, are the negative ones. That way they can see what people don't like about something and help them improve the product.
The one thing that people don't like about forums, are the negative people who are always harping on others. Knock it off.

-Fuzzy

User avatar
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
Posts: 10628
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 14:28
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain
Contact:

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by blueorison » 09 Oct 2011, 11:06

f3rr37 wrote:Guys, really? The guy posts an honest review and you try to rip apart his video for little things like how he says FN? How many people say HK when actually the company name is Heckler & Koch, looks like the company screwed up and left out the & in HK. Seriously, grow up.

What is a review?
re·view
[ri-vyoo]
noun
1. a critical article or report, as in a periodical, on a book, play, recital, or the like; critique; evaluation.
Nowhere do I see says it can't contain personal opinion of a product. In fact, most product reviews do contain personal opinion.

The one thing that companies actually like about reviews, are the negative ones. That way they can see what people don't like about something and help them improve the product.
The one thing that people don't like about forums, are the negative people who are always harping on others. Knock it off.

-Fuzzy
"Rip apart"?

I took statements he made and responded to them. I never criticized him for having an opinion. In fact, I praised him in the beginning of my post for posting his video and being honest for it.

Just as you think he can have his opinion in his video, I think I can have my "opinions" in my response.

One thing that people don't like about forums is misinformation. I did not attack him personally with any names; I simply addressed the points that he made. I do not see anything wrong with my response. Just because many people consistently misspeak H&K doesn't make it right. Just because many people say "clips" when it's actually "magazine", doesn't make it right. Just because many people kill innocent people doesn't make it right.

I was helping him out so in the future he would know the proper name of the company. If you do not thing truth is important then I'm not going to argue with you.

The fact is his "review" is full of holes. I feel like you're simply attacking myself because I did not agree with all his points. I praised him for posting his honest review, but remained honest in addressing his review.

Just because someone doesn't agree with someone else, it doesn't mean they are "RIPPING THEM APART". Seriously.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Wollychop
Senior Member
Posts: 5447
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:09
Location: MN

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by Wollychop » 09 Oct 2011, 11:25

I'm locking this for now, just as a precautionary cool down.

User avatar
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Posts: 11552
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 15:51
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.
Contact:

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by panzermk2 » 09 Oct 2011, 13:19

Blues rant not with standing, These are the only valid concerns as I see it.

The back up sites are just that for emergencies. Batteries die and even with lock tight you can remove the red dot sight.

As it clearly states on our website the mount has a limit of 2.5oz for any red dot sight mounted on it. An aim point Micro is 3.5oz without a it's mount. With mount it is 4.8oz. I suspected it was to heavy but to verify I conducted tests about a year ago. Aim point in a conversation concerning the test, they wanted it done also, stated that if it did work the sight was designed to take 10X the G's and not fail.

Also notice it was the base ripping from the slide, the front pin and screw never failed.








The base is not supposed to align with the polymer cover of the slide. It is to mate as closely and securely to the site base and slide.

As to your concerns of the pin it has never failed yet. Here are some test vids. I was testing function of the gun with MSM installed.






Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz
Image

User avatar
panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter
Posts: 7012
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 16:40
Location: Harvard, Illinois
Contact:

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by panzermk2wife » 09 Oct 2011, 14:24

As for the shipping costs

This because EVERYTHING ships via FedEx.

We have had major issues with USPS losing packages or packages being destroyed during shipping and refuse to ship through them any longer.

Filing complaints with the Post Master General does no good.
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
jmz5
Site Admin
Posts: 11105
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 21:26
custom title: Proprietor
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by jmz5 » 09 Oct 2011, 15:53

KogaShuko wrote:Here is my video review of the mount with suggestions. I am not harping on the company but this one product. I have to say this thing sucks. It is not to spec and it only works with mini dot sights (if you can call something that is way out of spec works.) Please improve the things I have suggested. Until then I am out $50, I mean $60 with the insane shipping.
Video is way too long, only made it to about the 6 minute mark.

I don't own the EA mini mount, but a lot of other people enjoy it, maybe you just got a lemon?

I might not have made it far enough in the vid, but did you shoot the gun with the red dot installed? How did it function?

ETA unlocking thread.
كاف

fd57
Senior Member
Posts: 772
Joined: 29 Jan 2010, 14:13

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by fd57 » 09 Oct 2011, 16:40

Regarding shipping costs ...

Will you entertain a business delivery option? Typically business delivery is both A) cheaper and B) results in package being delivered faster (morning versus late afternoon delivery).

Is the shipping charge based on actual weight of package (as well as dimensions) or something else?

KogaShuko
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Nov 2008, 01:03

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by KogaShuko » 09 Oct 2011, 17:00

That makes perfect sense about the shipping. I have had issues with fed-ex in the past but they are much better now. Probably justifying the higher price. I once had fed ex roll around the metro richmond area for 3 weeks with my PS3 in the back of their truck. They justified this as they either didnt have time to get to my house or they walked up to my front porch and didnt ring the bell because they were afraid to wake me up. I filed a complaint and got a rifle receiver back a few months later from them that looked like it had been stored in a river and smashed with a hammer. So compared to that the $10 for the item to actually show up is a good deal.

I can say I just dont like the mount. That is my opinion for the reasons I listed in the review. It is a damn good idea and an at least has a backup option unlike the dot only mounts. I just said what I think would be a better way to mount it to the slide. If you are doing speed shooting or hobby shooting and your life doesnt depend on the sight I would say go for it. Putting plenty of rounds thru it with practice would definitly make you shoot good with it. Also, would you shoot a ipsc custom built 1911 with bunker support (or whatever it is called) as concealed carry no. This mount doesnt have a place for any sort of tactical situation. It is clear after doing this review that if you want a FN 45 type sight you will have to find another option.

As for the ammo and everthing else the company makes I like Elites stuff and will probably buy some ammo from them in the near future. I will plan my orders as to offset the shipping cost of a single item.

As for the haters on this thread, this is what happens when you post something on the internet. You have someone that posts that doesnt actually use thing thing and trys to twist words just for the sake of twisting them. I dont expect everyone to see this any differently as any other youtube video from a mall ninja internet warrior. I love the traditional, "you have no idea anything about firearms" this can also be my fault... I failed to post my resume at the beginning of the video as it would have only made it LONGER, LOL. Either way I dont see anyone who responded say they use the thing, they like it, and this is why except elite. Apparently the others posted just to have something to argue about. Oh well.

Now a buyer can look at elite's videos and my video to use to make their own decision. Chears.

KogaShuko
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Nov 2008, 01:03

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by KogaShuko » 09 Oct 2011, 17:03

Oh and no I didnt shoot it. I just really didnt like it that was just me. Its kind of like the five finger running shoes. Some people try them on and hate them. They dont need to run 20 miles with them and make their feet hurt just to state their opinion.

I have absolutly no doubt that it will not do everything elite says. I have concerns over the pin. It sounds like they did too and they tested that aspect too and it doesnt have problems.

Please please please consider making a MI type mount for this pistol. It could fill the tactical / cowitness nitch and give people further options. Like I said with tritium it could be sold for quite a bit. Half makes me want to find a local machinist to make a run.

Oh and final note the PA rail mount comes off with the removal of two allen screws and can be mounted to either the Fast Fire or Trijicon bases (dont remember which) but that is how the battery is replaced.
Last edited by KogaShuko on 09 Oct 2011, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

KogaShuko
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Nov 2008, 01:03

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by KogaShuko » 09 Oct 2011, 17:38

blueorison wrote:Thanks for posting a review!

I appreciate that you took the time to film it and upload it. It was kinda long. So my response will be long, also.

I always appreciate honest reviews about companies; just because there are good companies doesn't mean that everything they make works for everyone or perhaps, works at all!

I'm going to be rather honest, as you have been in your video, but please do not take this in offense, just as facts. Let me clarify before hand that I do not want you to feel like I'm attacking you in any way, I'm just responding factually to your claims and review :)

That being said, I have never used EA's sight mount before, but I have used many mounts and MRD's, and many things you mentioned in your video were confusing to me, as many of the complaints you had were quite obvious to be common knowledge.

1. You state a lot of things that are obvious. The back up iron sights are just that... for back up. They are not "precision sights" as you mentioned. That's why.. they are not called EA Precision Sights.
Yes and if you never have handled one of these before this could help you

2. "Next when you bring it UP, then you have to go UP, and look for the dot"

This is pretty obvious. You're supposed to use the dot to aim. It doesn't magically appear. Although, when I do use my MRD on my FsN, it appears everytime I punch out. So maybe it's natural for me. Ask any experienced shooter and they will tell you some people do not do well with dot sights, and some, when they punch out, see it immediately.

Important point and people need to be aware of this with this mount

3. It's Fabrique Nationale, not Fabrique & Nationale. Hence, FN, not F&N.
I dont use a script

4. The FNTAC.45 mount is obviously different than the EA mount. It's NOT picatinny and it was factory milled. I don't get why you're comparing it, as it's apples to oranges.
But if you just go to the site and want a mount that takes a dot and has backups it is important to know that they are not the same

If you want to get the same kind of cowitness, it's pretty simple. Send your slide to a really experienced gunsmith and ask him if there is enough material to mill out for a flush melted mount with your MRD, and have him do it if it works. Usually costs around $400.
And this is important because this is a better option

5. It's understood in the gun world, and in "practical" application, that when there are threads involved, and you want to keep something on something, you HAVE to add loctite. This is common knowledge. Like I said, I've not used the EA slide mount, so I can't say firsthand if it loosens, but it would make sense that it WOULD loosen...
Another important point doesnt disagree with what I said. The stock sight stays locked in but the design is different. The backup sight is not ajustable either so locktight will not be the end of the world.

6. I am still having trouble understanding what you're saying. At 4:15" you say "You can see the sight mount is still there!" Was it suppose to vanish? I don't get your point. "You've got something bigger than it was ever designed to be attached to this and held in place by the adjustment screw".
Was hoping the entire old sight mount would completely come out and be replaced with the rail. Seems like it would be a more robust system but I dont know if it is possible. Either way it is a limitation of the mount/ sight mount combo

This, again is obvious. Of course it is bigger than it was ever designed to be... it WAS never designed to be by the FN engineers. They never designed the FsN to accept an MRD, that's why it's called an aftermarket part. I don't know about the pin, and how strong it is, as I have not used the sight. So I can't comment on your explanation in which you somehow know that the pin is not strong enough.

Wait, how DO you know the pin isn't strong enough? Do you think EA would not have tested it?
Looking at it in person would tell you. It is very small and very thin. It was not designed for that sight. However, it sounds from the reply from Elite that they havnt had problems.

7. You should not pull the pin in and out. That would wear down on the pin. Again, very obvious. You are correct. This applies to any kind of pin, btw. Pins wear down when you remove them and replace them over and over again.

Can you state WHY the pin "sucks anyway"? Did YOU experience firsthand, it breaking? Or is it just a "feeling" of yours that it "would" break?

Roll pins that are thin and bend when you tap it out could better be replaced with a different option. This is why ares inludes a spring or solid pin to take the pressure off the roll pin on their piston system. This is because the pin on the gas tube was never designed for a piston system and can break with the load put on it.

8. Uh... the pin "definitely broke the Microdot"? HUH? ???? The pin broke the microdot?!!! Microdots have been known to survive drops from over 50 feet. That must be some bad-to-the-bone pin.
Mount, again dont have a script- watch the vid and you can see the mount broke and it is much bigger than the pin.

9. AFAIK, The T1/H1 Aimpoint was never meant to be mounted on a reciprocating slide. All the handgun T1/H1 mounts that I know of are non-reciprocating. I'm pretty sure that EA stated or someone stated that it was dubious that the heavy sight would work on the FsN... which was why they tested it to be sure... again, obvious. So I don't know why you're bringing it up...
Because it is important since you could easly screw one on there which goes into my only option for the mount statement

10. What round are you referring to as a "full-powered load"? A full-powered load was when EA rapid fired multiple S4-loaded magazines through the FsN when testing the Aimpoint. THAT was a full-powered load. LOL. You might be using EA rounds, I don't know.
Yes it is a full power load I dont find that confusing

11. You keep saying the picatinny rail is "out of spec". Your reason is because it does not sit flat. Do you know that EA designed it to sit that way? It seems that "out of spec" really means, "out of what I want it to be spec".
A pic rail has to be flat to be in spec. There are all sorts of stuff that is out of spec including sig rails and certain ar 15 rails. I think it is important to mention. I dont know why they made it canted. I dont care what it looks like but the dots are designed to sit flat for a reason.


12. "Flushly" isn't a word. The sight is also not "curved". Circles and chicks are curvy. That sight mount looks canted or diagonal. Not curved. It just helps to use better English so I know what you're talking about. Just sayin.
I dont use a script... at least I didnt use yall in with the ums...

13. There is a mount that you can "screw those two little screws in". Truehuntersupply supplies such a mount. He is a forum sponsor and his mount can be very easily found through the SEARCH option.
They totally get rid of the emergency sights. Not that it would matter for reasons I have explained in my video

14. To use your own words, "furthermore", your PA Micro Tactical sight would STILL NOT MOUNT "FLUSHLY" to the mount, anyway. A) The picatinny mount clamps on the PA sight is integral and CANNOT be removed (please let me know if I'm wrong), so you would NOT be able to attach it to the mount you suggest B) Your sight STILL WOULD NOT MOUNT "FLUSHLY" because of the integral sight base, which raises it more than a few MOA.
It fits on a trijicon or fastfire base I dont remember which. Yes it would raise it a few MOA so that is why I suggested having a slightly raised rear sight and front sight

15. 7:06 "There is no reason why this should be a picatinny rail mount, because there is nothing else that you can attach to this weapon, other than this dot, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing else".

Wrong. I could attach a laser. Then dremel off my front sight, and have a laser aiming device.

Or I could attach a bayonet. With which to poke my enemies' eyes out with every time the slide reciprocated SLUSH SLUSH, back and forth.

As long as it is under the 2.5 oz or whatever yeh I guess.

.

Might finish the others later if I get a chance

KogaShuko
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Nov 2008, 01:03

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by KogaShuko » 09 Oct 2011, 17:39

satellitedr3ams wrote:I dont hate you. I just hate that you wasted 17 min of my life.
Yeh it is a little long.... sorry.

User avatar
jmz5
Site Admin
Posts: 11105
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 21:26
custom title: Proprietor
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by jmz5 » 09 Oct 2011, 18:00

KogaShuko wrote:
satellitedr3ams wrote:I dont hate you. I just hate that you wasted 17 min of my life.
Yeh it is a little long.... sorry.
I think maybe shoot for a 5 or 6 minutes mark with your next review. :)
كاف

User avatar
flyingirish04
Gold Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 21:42
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland
Location: Great Plains, USA

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by flyingirish04 » 09 Oct 2011, 19:05

Koga,

I appreciate the effort you put forth in the review, and your ability to take criticism like an adult. Welcome to the forum!
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

PainKillaX
Senior Member
Posts: 3196
Joined: 08 Nov 2009, 21:01
custom title: I rep that west
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by PainKillaX » 09 Oct 2011, 19:32

flyingirish04 wrote:Koga,

I appreciate the effort you put forth in the review, and your ability to take criticism like an adult. Welcome to the forum!
:agree:

KogaShuko
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Nov 2008, 01:03

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by KogaShuko » 09 Oct 2011, 19:46

Thanks, I posted on the old forum and eventually stopped posting because of time constraints and the heavy handedness of one of the mods that was one.

This is clearly differnt.

To be fair I probably need to do another video, next time shorter, discussing the good parts of the mount and what I think it would be good for. I got so tied up on the negative that I really wasnt able to see the good stuff.

Especially after seing their responses it is clear that Elite put some time in effort into making this mount. They were probably harshly limited by what the five seven is. When discussing the FN 45 with the rep at NTOA they said that there wasnt enough slide to do a similar mount on the fiveseven. Looking at this further this probably has something to do with the space between the rail and the slide cover. If it were flush it would probably have the chance of causing stress on the plastic. No one has told me this but it makes sense. Again I dont like the mount but others probably do.

User avatar
panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter
Posts: 7012
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 16:40
Location: Harvard, Illinois
Contact:

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by panzermk2wife » 09 Oct 2011, 20:24

fd57 wrote:Regarding shipping costs ...

Will you entertain a business delivery option? Typically business delivery is both A) cheaper and B) results in package being delivered faster (morning versus late afternoon delivery).

Is the shipping charge based on actual weight of package (as well as dimensions) or something else?

The shipping quote come directly from FedEx

It looks at the address you put in the shipping section and puts the choice of Home delivery and/or Commercial.

For example for our physical address FedEx reads it as Residential because it is in a residential zone. I have no control over their system. Illinois is the only state we have to ship to the address on the FOID card as it is law in our lovely state.

I use to have a USPS option but pulled it down for a couple of reasons
1. delivery issues
2. some were choosing this option for ammunition when it was clearly stated on our website on every page ammunition must go FedEx because it's against the law to send it through the post office
3. with those choosing UPSP for ammo I spent more time refunding and email because we only see the last 4 digit of one's credit card. This is by choice as both a security and protection for both the customer and us.

Also to choose morning vs afternoon shipping is an option only for shipping Air which is much more expensive then ground.
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter
Posts: 7012
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 16:40
Location: Harvard, Illinois
Contact:

Re: Review of my FiveSeven Mini Slide Mount

Post by panzermk2wife » 09 Oct 2011, 20:24

panzermk2wife wrote:
fd57 wrote:Regarding shipping costs ...

Will you entertain a business delivery option? Typically business delivery is both A) cheaper and B) results in package being delivered faster (morning versus late afternoon delivery).

Is the shipping charge based on actual weight of package (as well as dimensions) or something else?

The shipping quote come directly from FedEx based on weight

It looks at the address you put in the shipping section and puts the choice of Home delivery and/or Commercial.

For example for our physical address FedEx reads it as Residential because it is in a residential zone. I have no control over their system. Illinois is the only state we have to ship to the address on the FOID card as it is law in our lovely state.

I use to have a USPS option but pulled it down for a couple of reasons
1. delivery issues
2. some were choosing this option for ammunition when it was clearly stated on our website on every page ammunition must go FedEx because it's against the law to send it through the post office
3. with those choosing UPSP for ammo I spent more time refunding and email because we only see the last 4 digit of one's credit card. This is by choice as both a security and protection for both the customer and us.

Also to choose morning vs afternoon shipping is an option only for shipping Air which is much more expensive then ground.
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest