FNP Odyssey

Discuss the FN Handgun lineup; the High Power, FNP, and FNX line.
BudMan5

FNP Odyssey

Post by BudMan5 » 09 Mar 2011, 11:10

I bought an FNP 9 several years ago and rewally (I mean REALLY) liked it.

When the FNX was announced, I traded the FNP (for something, I can't even remember what) and ordered an FNX.

When it came in, I fired several hundred rounds through it and it was a very good, reliabe, totally accurate pistol. But it didn't trip my trigger and I traded it.

Later on, I have a chance to buy a like new FNP 45 for a really cheap price. When it came in, I was shocked by the size and didn't even fire it before trading it away.

(showing what a twit I really am)

Later on, a buddy of mine picked up an FNP 45. We went to the local range one day and he let me fire it.

I could not believe how accurate I was with it, how little recoil there was and it really wasn't much bigger than the 1911 i carried every day.

(that moved me from the "twit" stage right into the "moron" stage)

I have alweays regretted not having those two pistold the most.

Anotrher friend of mine is getting hit hard by the economy (he's a carpenter) He asked me if I want his Sig 1911 Blackwater for $900.

Without thinking (never been accused of too m uch thinking) I snapped it up.

Then i realized I didn't have much use for it so I advertized it for sale or trade and got lot's of interest.
Including an FFL dealer who is a stocking distributor for , uyyou guessed it, FNH.

So, I sent off the Sig 1911 and I am waiting for my dealer to call and tell me my black NIB FNP 9 andblack FNP 45 have arrived.

(I tried to hold out for an FNP 45 tactical but couldn't get that done)

Soon, all will once again be right with the world and I wilo be carrying an FNP 9 everyday with an FNP 45 back up in the truck (and available for three gun events)

Bud

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Re: FNP Odyssey

Post by blueorison » 09 Mar 2011, 11:23

Bud, welcome to the forum.

Glad you rectified your erroneous ways, we all have to discover our brains, sometime! :lmao:

Just kidding.

The FN Tac. 45 and FNP 45 definitely have very low recoil for .45's. You can rapid fire them all day into the A-zone.

Where do you play 3-gun?
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

BudMan5

Post by BudMan5 » 09 Mar 2011, 14:23

I am just going to start this year. I will be joining the Aurora Sportsman Club in Waterman, IL which is just a short ride from my house.

I know there are several three gun events in Illinois every year. I also will try Practical Pistol and IDPA this year.

(my wife doesn't weant me hanging around the house too often)

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 09 Mar 2011, 16:01

BudMan5 wrote:I am just going to start this year. I will be joining the Aurora Sportsman Club in Waterman, IL which is just a short ride from my house.

I know there are several three gun events in Illinois every year. I also will try Practical Pistol and IDPA this year.

(my wife doesn't weant me hanging around the house too often)
Awesome, bud! Word to the wise, avoid IDPA and go for USPSA/IPSC. 3 gun is great, also. Make sure your shotgun is set up right with the right reloading gear (ammunition) and you should be good to go!

If you have any questions and I can help in any way, let me know :)
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Valorius
Banned
custom title: 5.7 proponent

Post by Valorius » 13 Apr 2011, 14:20

I can not fathom ever buying a gun and not shooting it before i sold it.

That's like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more valuable to her next boyfriend.

ynoty3k
custom title: Hoplophile

Post by ynoty3k » 13 Apr 2011, 19:23

Valorius wrote:I can not fathom ever buying a gun and not shooting it before i sold it.

That's like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more valuable to her next boyfriend.
Depends on how much he's willing to pay, and how ugly she is.

Either way, Welcome Bud!

MikeSantor
Gold Member

Post by MikeSantor » 14 Apr 2011, 18:40

So not to Semi Hijack, but what is the big difference between the FNP and FNX? From all the searching I have done, I keep getting the same basic thing. FNX is the newest line that builds off all the FNPs components. Basicly making it sound like an upgrade from the FNP. Yet I have read 3 stories now about people trading/selling FNX's to get FNP's. Can anyone clarify why someone may want to get a P over an X...?