Urban ERT Sling problem

Discuss the FN lineup of tactical rifles; the FS2000, SCAR, and the venerable FAL.
Rover

Urban ERT Sling problem

Post by Rover » 02 Dec 2010, 11:08

I got an Urban ERT sling with an FS2000 I recently got. Took it to the range yesterday and noticed the front attachment bouncing around when I was firing the weapon. Thought it was from recoil but it was from the gas port.
Melted that little mash clamp cover right off.

Am I doin something wrong? Should I have left the sling on while firing to help keep it out of the way of the gas port? Any other ideas for front point sling attachment?

I was gonna just go with another sling till I realized there aren't really any other options (that I've found), and besides that its seems like a pretty nice sling setup. I just despise that bare mash clamp, not a fan of them to begin with really. Any ideas?

Thanks!

User42

Re: Urban ERT Sling problem

Post by User42 » 04 Dec 2010, 09:01

I can't remember if I ever fired my FS2000 with the front sling attachment on, but I see how it could get in the way. I changed my sling setup to a single point sling, so now it would be a non issue anyways.
If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, He will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing death and misery to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes.