FN SCAR™ systems approved for full-rate production

Discuss the FN lineup of tactical rifles; the FS2000, SCAR, and the venerable FAL.
f3rr37
Site Admin

FN SCAR™ systems approved for full-rate production

Post by f3rr37 » 16 Sep 2010, 14:56

McLean, VA, The U.S. Special Operations Command notified FN that the Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle (SCAR) family of weapons—the MK 16 (5.56mm) and MK 17 (7.62mm) combat assault rifles and MK 13 grenade launcher—was approved for full-rate production. The Full-Rate Production Decision Review by the Milestone Decision Authority occurred on July 30, 2010.

FN Herstal, a worldwide recognized firearms supplier to generations of soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines since 1897, has ramped up production and assembly at its manufacturing facilities to meet the delivery orders placed by USSOCOM.

Following a worldwide solicitation to the firearms industry in 2004, nine vendors submitted a dozen designs for a new modular, multi-caliber weapons system. In November 2004, FNH was awarded the contract by USSOCOM for its SCAR submission after passing the Go/No-Go criteria required by the solicitation and being selected by a source selection board composed of senior operators from every SOF component.

More here...

Kerberos

Re: FN SCAR™ systems approved for full-rate production

Post by Kerberos » 16 Sep 2010, 15:04

Nice...good for FN, and for our SOF community :thumb:
"...And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson

oregunbob

Post by oregunbob » 16 Sep 2010, 18:57

I'm really confused what happened to the whole "soccom is broke thanks to Obama and can't justify the change to the scar over m16/m4"

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010 ... cancelled/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fooschnickens
custom title: ~( ̄∇ ̄~) (~ ̄∇ ̄)~

Post by fooschnickens » 19 Sep 2010, 19:31

One word: Armchair Commandos

No wait, that two words
http://www.f00tography.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
-Ambrose Bierce

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 20 Sep 2010, 06:14

I know HK is supplying Navy SOCOM units now with 416s. Wonder if they will change. The 416s are only five years old.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

buckett
custom title: Firefighter

Post by buckett » 21 Sep 2010, 19:15

I wonder if this would mean a possible lowering of the price...
My goal in life: To be the next John Moses Browning.

It takes 43 muscles to frown... 17 muscles to smile... But only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze.

DAUG

Post by DAUG » 22 Sep 2010, 05:25

Sweet, I want the grenade launcher.... ;)