Name that FS2000 part....

Discuss the FN lineup of tactical rifles; the FS2000, SCAR, and the venerable FAL.
zpat

Name that FS2000 part....

Post by zpat » 02 May 2012, 17:58

So I'm in the middle of doing a complete dismantle of my FS2000 for a thorough cleaning. Have done it once before, so I wasn't too worried. Of course my over confidence has left me in a lurch.

While pulling apart the side plates, cocking handle, barrel, etc. the stage where you've unscrewed the allen screws and are pulling the big pieces apart, a small piece popped out, along with the cocking handle, lever spring, etc. Not sure *exactly* when it came out, just around that time, hopefully from somewhere in the gun and not my head. It looks totally foreign to me, hoping that one of you can tell me what part it is and where it goes exactly. I've cleaned the little bugger and he is wanting to get back together.

BTW: is there still no *complete* and detailed FS2000 schematic available to the public? I remember in the past there was none, but figured things might have changed. My attempts at locating one were certainly not very rewarding today.

cheers.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Re: Name that FS2000 part....

Post by blueorison » 02 May 2012, 18:20

HM.

Did you try the Forum WIKI?

w/index.php?title=FS2000_FieldStripping" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

zpat

Post by zpat » 02 May 2012, 18:36

That page is just the basic field strip... that information has been available since the beginning, it is even in the manual. I'm talking about a detailed, complete strip/schematics. The field strip is only about 1/4 of the possible dismantling.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 02 May 2012, 18:49

Try contacting FN for a diagram;

While you're doing that, send EA a holler and see if they can help.

I hope you find the answer you're searching for; I'm sure someone will help! :)
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

fooschnickens
custom title: ~( ̄∇ ̄~) (~ ̄∇ ̄)~

Post by fooschnickens » 02 May 2012, 19:26

Pcitres would help too.

And by pcitres I mean pictures.

fd57

Post by fd57 » 02 May 2012, 19:56

Maybe this will help you:

zpat

Post by zpat » 02 May 2012, 20:13

That would help tremendously if it was a better quality.... fingers crossed that you have a better copy of this & can upload.

zpat

Post by zpat » 02 May 2012, 20:15

Thanks to SONYTec, it was pointed out that it is the front sling attachment plate. So obvious the stupidity is painful.

Would still love a more legible schematic though!

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 02 May 2012, 22:53

I have the same drawing but bigger. Makes it a little easier to figure out but it is still pretty poor quality.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 02 May 2012, 23:24

zpat wrote:So I'm in the middle of doing a complete dismantle of my FS2000 for a thorough cleaning. Have done it once before, so I wasn't too worried. Of course my over confidence has left me in a lurch.

While pulling apart the side plates, cocking handle, barrel, etc. the stage where you've unscrewed the allen screws and are pulling the big pieces apart, a small piece popped out, along with the cocking handle, lever spring, etc. Not sure *exactly* when it came out, just around that time, hopefully from somewhere in the gun and not my head. It looks totally foreign to me, hoping that one of you can tell me what part it is and where it goes exactly. I've cleaned the little bugger and he is wanting to get back together.

BTW: is there still no *complete* and detailed FS2000 schematic available to the public? I remember in the past there was none, but figured things might have changed. My attempts at locating one were certainly not very rewarding today.

cheers.
How about a pic of the part? I have the Armour's manual for ALL of the F series platforms.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz