New Member Introduction

General discussion.
MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

New Member Introduction

Post by MrSlippyFist » 20 Sep 2008, 17:23

Welcome to fivesevenforum.com. You have most likely found us while searching for more information about the 5.7x28 weapon systems. If so, and you are an avid sportsman, reloader, weekend shooter, or just curious about the round itself - then you have come to the right place. If you want first hand information from the pros who have devoted their life to 5.7x28, then you have come to the right place. Most of the team members are or were military and LEO and some people here have real world experience with 5.7x28 in tactical applications. If you have tried researching 5.7x28 on other "popular" forums only to get conflicting reports as to it's abilities and applications, then we can help educate and debunk any myths. Unfortunately, the round has a bad reputation among the "popular" shooting communities, but those of us who have approached the weapons systems with an open mind have learned to accept it for what it is.

Please use this thread to tell everyone about yourself and why/how you found us. Please keep all political agendas in the polical forum, this thread is simply for new members to introduce yourselves.

So let me be the first to welcome you! Poke around, ask questions and use that search function. Be sure to read all the sticky threads. Enjoy!

-Slippy
Embrace the Suck

f3rr37
Site Admin

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by f3rr37 » 20 Sep 2008, 19:28

Thanks for bringing the new member thread back Slippy. I'll take a moment and tell everyone a little about myself :)

Back in early 2006 I was first introduced to the FiveseveN pistol after reading an article about it online. I soon found this forum and began reading as much as I could. At the time I had just turned 21 and was looking forward to my first firearm purchase, something that I wanted to eventually carry daily. I ended up purchasing a NIB FiveseveN IOM in May of 2006 after doing some extensive searching online looking for a seller. I probably sent 10 emails to some ads across various websites, some of which were more than a year old. I finally found one for $1024 w/200 rounds of SS192 included!

Early this year I was invited to join the moderation team for the forum which I was quite surprised about and have really enjoyed my opportunity to give back and help support my home away from home online :)

Some may know about my little accident from April of this year where I fired a round from my IOM that resulted in it being destroyed and me going to the hospital. Not a fun thing, as I still have some loss of feeling along the side of my index finger on my left hand. When I get around to it and if we get access to the old forum data I will try and resurrect the thread from the old forum about it so that others can read and learn from the very informative correspondence I had with FNH and the data that was posted by others.

So come August 18th this year the forum went *poof*. jmz5 and myself worked together and resurrected this new forum under the same name, just a different URL. Finally after two days we had the new forum up and running and former and even new members have been flooding here ever since. To date we have 295 members on the new forum, many of which are the frequent visiting members we had before plus quite a large group of new members.

I want to welcome everyone to the FiveseveNForum and hope you enjoy your stay, if you have any questions/concerns you can PM myself or any of the other mod/admins.

-f3rr37 (aka Fuzzy)

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 20 Sep 2008, 20:35

All right Boys-I guess it’s my turn.

I joined the forum back in 2006 for a much different reason than everyone else here. I didn’t join because I know anything about the FiveseveN but because someone was talking smack to Panzer about not liking Mexicans and I had to set the idiot straight (I am Mexican) and I have been here ever since.

Most if not all know that I am the brains & beauty of the company you all know as Elite Ammunition. The Elite Queen, if you will. And have run the last 2 membership drives for Justin. But most may not know I also served my Country in the Army as well. In the end I had a very bad experience so that is why I don’t discuss my service.

Oh yeah and I am also married to Panzer (Jay) and have 3 crazy children as well.
So running a household, company and posting random stuff on the forum keep me busy.

I have made a lot of great friends here on the forum who don’t mind that I don’t talk guns and such but talk about life in general and I thank them (and you know who you are) for that.

So here’s to the forum Image

Thanks Guys,

Panzermk2wife (Lisa)

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 20 Sep 2008, 20:43

This is like an Alchonon meeting :)

Well, I joined in January 2007 after my first 5.7x28 mm purchase. I just got back from the desert with a little too much money in my pocket and look what happened.

I am Regular Army and will be for at least a few more years. Sport shooting is my biggest hobby and I plan on getting into some competitions "soon". I had the good fortune of meeting panzermk2 and medula oblongata in person (the brains behind EA -- the beauty is panzermk2wife) and that pretty much solidified my confidence in what info I gain from those folks.

I've been with the army the last 9 years, and what money that doesn't go to the wife goes to feeding my hobby. The forum gives me something to look forward to during the day now that I am tied to a desk, but I can't complain. I have a lot more free time now than I have had since I was in high school (wow, depressing) letting me get to the ranges and enjoy myself for once. This is a great place and full of good information, and a minimum of mall ninja stuff. Welcome to the forum to all newcomers, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 20 Sep 2008, 20:56

I can't even remember how long ago it was. Google search brought this place up. DML was one of the senior mods. There was around 400 members when I joined I was working the yearly manufactures shoot at Maxons Shooter Supply in Des Plaines IL. It was a great event reps would show up and fill tables full of fun stuff. We had a table with dozens of guns. 22s of every sort and the last year they held it a S&W500 mag and everything in between. You could grab any of them and go up to the counter. Buy a baggy of ammo for 2 or 3 bucks and hit the range. We provided everything including hanging the targets for you.

I was asked to watch the FN table so the rep could pee. I was sitting there and LOW AND BEHOLD. A 5.7 without the fucked up curved trigger guard I hated so much. I picked it up and would not put it down. It was the first USG the rep ever had (Love working at gun stores). Well I wanted it. I told the rep and he called one of the owners over. For a price he wanted to whisper to Claudia so she could do a standard mark up. She told him to speak up so I could hear. She charged me her cost. Claudia always had a sweet spot for me.

The last year of the shoot Barry and Claudia had me work the counter. I stood there playing with a full mag. People kept coming up and asking WTF is that for. Dozens fired my USG I sold both the store had and three payed orders.

Has anyone heard form David at all? bclown chased him away.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

EARS

Post by EARS » 20 Sep 2008, 21:11

I believe it was Jan 2006 when I joined. I had purchased the USG in December 2005 after seeing it for the first time in a local gun shop. I started to do some internet google and found this site (the original). Since then I've learned much about the ammo, USG and PS90. There is also a load of other info available and lots of fun and laughs. I've developed some new friends and new family here. I was a Criminal Investigator for the USMC and Police Officer with the Federal Protective Service. I"m now ordained minister, PI and own/operate my own Alarm Response Service/Armed Security Protectiion Service in upstate NY. Had panic attacks when the old forum went down and until this new site was up and running. Hi to everyone and thanks for everything over these past almost three years.

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator

Post by MrSlippyFist » 20 Sep 2008, 23:59

I was introduced to the FiveseveN by an Australian counter-intelligence agent while working in Iraq. He showed it to me, I thought nothing of it. Then I witnessed him empty a mag into a suspected VBIED, disabling the driver while I barely managed to get off 4 rounds with my M9 (crap ammo). I bought one as soon as I was state-side. While looking for cheap ammo sources and reloading info I stumbled across fivesevenforum.
Embrace the Suck

ArtosDracon
Banned

Post by ArtosDracon » 21 Sep 2008, 00:10

I was introduced to the FiveSeven by a co-worker at my Security Agency in one of our equipment briefings as he was going to be bringing it on a job and wanted everyone to be aware of what it was. I too didn't think much of it at first. During some down-time on the job we were wasting some time plinking, I had one of my AR's and my G35 in .357Sig, just taking out coke cans at 20 and 50 yards. He had an original Tactical that he got shortly after they came out but, he had never caried it on the job before and I had never heard of it. Suffice it to say, he had a lot of practice with it and sat down next to me. I was popping the 50 yard cans with ease with my AR so I switched to the G35 for S&G and at 50 yards I was 3 out of 5 shots average, not very good. He loads up a stack of SS195s, mowes through 10 cans like it was nobodies business, drops the mag, and pushes 11 rounds onto the table. Doing some research I happened upon the site and have been here since, bought my 5-7 just prior to joining, took about two weeks to get though, my shop didn't have any in stock.

murphies_finest
custom title: King Thread Killer.

Post by murphies_finest » 21 Sep 2008, 00:44

well i guess Ill jump on the band wagon here finaly I found this website shortly after purchasing my PS90, after firing close to 350 rnd without a hitch I fell in love with this round and plan on purchasing a second p90 and 2,5.7 pistols. me and my friends usually get together and have shooting competitions together when im home. we suck at shooting but it helps us to bond together. with that said, welcome all new comers there is alot of info here for you to find (RIP to the old site) and quite a few knowledgeable folks here to share the info they have.
Keep Working Millions on Welfare Depend on YOU.

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 21 Sep 2008, 03:41

Howdy.
I'm a relatively new shooter and collector.
A couple of local and nation events in March and April of '07 led me to signing up for several training classes and getting my carry permit.
My first firearm purchase was the Baby Eagle .40, Standard.

Last October I took Pretty Mo to a place in southern MN to drive tanks for her birthday.
The young fella that runs the place and modifies the tanks and personnel carriers took us into his home afterward and began sharing his guns. One that he presented to me was the FiveseveN. I didn't give it much thought, the dozens of firearms being shared was boggling.
He took us outside and let us shoot the .50 Barrett. That gave Mo girl-wood.

On the way back to the city we were enjoying Butter Burgers at Culvers and my old buddy the Rat Bastard called and said to stop by.
He's a hybrid mutant somewhere between Rush and Meatloaf but not as pretty as either.

We filled his picnic table with guns and spent the afternoon shooting.
He also produced a FiveseveN....that made my first two exposures on the same day, but I got to shoot his.
The seed was planted.

April of '08 the seed germinated and I bought one at the spring shooters show at the range I belong to.
Searching for more information on the round and accessories, I found this group.
Thankfully before any others.
3 weeks later I bought the PS90.

Thanks for having me, and thanks for all the great information.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 21 Sep 2008, 05:21

I can't remember when I got my first fiveseven, it was early 2005. I knew of the IOM models, but hated the round trigger guard, I hunted around for a month to find one with the new square trigger guard. I found this forum mid 2005 when I saw a link to here posted by p99guy. Nothing too exciting. :)
كاف

ChuckD
custom title: Tactical Tier2 Ninja

Post by ChuckD » 21 Sep 2008, 08:00

Well.... I guess I can join on this as well. Im a young'n in relative terms, and was first introduced to the 5.7 in probably a late 90's handguns magazine, it intrigued me at such a young age and then it vanished. I started work doing a pidly job at a local big box electronics store doing installations and low and behold, me and my boss were talking about guns one day and he told me he had one. I asked him if I bought some ammo for it if he'd let me try it out, and it was good. So good I went out and bought one as soon as I could, since I'm a young'n I had to wait a month or two. But on my 21st Birthday I got myself a good present, a brand new USG!. I've fell in love with it since and wouldn't let it go for the world. I found this place before I purchased but just lurked around. I finally signed up when it switched over to the new page. :D

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 21 Sep 2008, 08:34

Hi, Im Grant....and Im a a FiveseveN owner. Iv only been shooting it for maybe 8 months, but Im completely hooked and cant kick the habit. Since then Ive spent thousands of dollars and emptied a good portion of my bank account. I shoot two, three times a day sometimes. It was just becoming too expensive. With the help of some of the members of this forum, I started reloading recently...which only made things worse. Now I shoot twice as much! My family is beginning to get suspicious why Im always making excuses and hiding down in the basement whenever I get the chance... But they'll never break me! I can quit whenever I want to...I just dont want to right now :p

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator

Post by MrSlippyFist » 21 Sep 2008, 08:45

Welcome, ChuckD!
Embrace the Suck

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 21 Sep 2008, 18:05

Well shoot. Since everybody else is spilling their guts.
Let's see. I stumbled across the old site after buying my FsN. I went to Bass Pro to pick up a HK40 and ran into a buddy who is a Fed. He showed me what they're all going to and dragged me to their indoor range just long enough to get me hooked. And of course, the the 5.7 at that time was a LOT more than they are now. And more than I had, so I waited til Christmas and bought myself the best present I ever got myself.
Later I stumbled upon this site and within about 30 minutes nearly got myself banned by an ex mod with a god complex because I used the word 'damn'. :huh: A year and a half later, he's history and some damn fool ( :p ) gives me power here. Weird how things work out, ain't it? Go figger.
I sorta watch over the LE section of the forum so if anybody comes here and you're a LEO or military and want access, let me know and we'll get you in. It's a special place where we go to hang out, discuss special circumstances that most civies wouldn't understand and it's our own little corner of the site. We discuss whatever's on our mind and whatever issue we feel needs to be discussed.
Anyway, I'm a firm believer in this weapons platform and the more people I expose to it, the more I convert. The neat thing about it is, I don't actually have to do much. The weapon does it on its own.
Welcome to all new people. Feel free to let us know who you are. That's what this thread is all about. :thumb:
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

hammerhands32
custom title: Proverbs 10:19

Post by hammerhands32 » 21 Sep 2008, 18:05

Well Hammerhands32 here (Pat), on the old site I went by pf350. I purchased my first handgun, 5.7 usg, in jan 08. Found this site shortly after and lurked for a while. Found it was nice to find a site that says the reasons behind their opinions, not just blurt out what they think as fact and then say because I read it on the internet when you ask them why. I don't know much about firearms and what I do know I learned here. I am a smart ass but since finding this site I have gone from a single 5.7 to now having 7 firearms in my collection. I only post once in a while because I think that is all most people can stand of me. Yeah!

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 21 Sep 2008, 21:18

I started with a PS90 & I knew it was going to get expensive (because it is so much fun) so I did a search for reloading the 5.7 round & found my way here. Since I've signed on I've learned some things, bought a FsN, learned some more things & will likely buy more stuff based on what I learn here. Thanks guys (& gals)
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

CDAT

Post by CDAT » 22 Sep 2008, 03:07

New member got my 5.7 in FL back in 2005 when at EOD school, got a PS 90 last year, just found out about this site yesterday from a link from different site, had no idea that Elite ammunition even was around, hope to get some from them when I get home from Iraq.

gotants

Post by gotants » 22 Sep 2008, 04:28

Welcome CDAT!

I found this site while researching info after my 57 purchase beginning of 2008. Kinda wished I found it sooner and hadn`t bought 3 boxes of 192 for $100 each :wall:

Lots of good info learned from the previous site and this one.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 22 Sep 2008, 04:39

Ouch. :laugh:
كاف

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 22 Sep 2008, 04:39

CDAT wrote:New member got my 5.7 in FL back in 2005 when at EOD school, got a PS 90 last year, just found out about this site yesterday from a link from different site, had no idea that Elite ammunition even was around, hope to get some from them when I get home from Iraq.
Welcome!
كاف

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 22 Sep 2008, 07:49

hello all, i am john and i am 25. i have been shooting since i was about 3 and got my first gun (winchester model 94 30-30) when i was 7. i found this site from a friend that was looking for a ps90 which got me looking at them and also the five-seven. i did some searching online and found the "uneducated" people talking trash, so i got discouraged a bit. he found this site after i found the EA site and found the pretty interesting loads they have. he showed me this site and that confirmed my want of the five-seven. the next gun show about a week later i picked one up. i have not gotten to fire it yet, but i feel i will love it. everyone i show seems very interested in it, and yes there are still several no believers out there among my friends. my one friend is a cop and just laughed at the round when i showed him, so them he pulled a .40 out of his issue gun (which he ONLY carries on duty and never carries a gun at all off duty), his remark "now this has stopping power, that is a toy". i then took a .45 out of my XD that was on my hip and then a .357 out of my snubbie that was in my pocket...i told him he should learn to respect the small and fast bullets, especially being a cop. i showed him this site and some of the ballistic results and he was in shock lol.

P-40

Post by P-40 » 22 Sep 2008, 12:16

Hi,
my name is Gavin an im a new to the handgun carrying community. I wanted to save up since i was 16 to get a FiveseveN but finally i turned 18 the age in indiana in which u can carry/own but not purchase a hand gun. I had been saving but got into 45's so my first buy was an RIA 1911 an i love it to death. shortly after buying the 1911 i herd about the FNP's an started to look into them but could not find out locally. So i went to the 1500 gun show down in indianapolis an picked up a FNP-40 for $416. i was used an has been treated well but does have some wear on the slide. When i first shot the gun i absolutely hated it. But now im trying to get use to the pistol an have gotten a fobus holster so now so i become even more sue to it, it will be my carry weapon.

i joined the forums 1 week ago

And im am back to my pursuit to find a 5.7x28mm pistol.

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 22 Sep 2008, 13:07

Hi,

My Name's Steve and I'm a 5.7x28mm FaN...

I came across FN's nifty little cartridge while looking for something with many of the advantages of .22LR (light recoil, high potential capacity, quiet w/ a can.) that also addressed some serious deficiencies in the .22LR (rimfire, banana magazines, terminal ballistics.) At the time everything about the cartridge and guns that fired it was out of reach, so I kept looking.

On 04/04/04 I was at a gun show. It was 10 minutes to closing and I was walking past the very last booth tucked in the farthest corner of the show. I spotted a distinctly curved trigger guard in a display case and did a double-take.
Me: Is that a Five-seveN
Delaer: Yep, the individual officer's model.
Me: Cool! Can I fingle it?
Dealer: Sure.
Me: Aren't these restricted?
Dealer: Sort of. ATF has approved that model for sale to individuals. The magazines are AWB compliant.
Me: Got ammo?
Dealer: How much do you need? We have several cases.
Me: You take plastic?
Dealer: Yep.
Me: (Looking at the clock) I'll take it. And 500 rounds. And your card.
<Paperwork>
<Phone call to NICS>
<Me Fidgeting, wondering if this is a huge mistake>
Dealer: OK, You're good to go.
<Credit card stuff>
<Shock>

That was many moons (and thousands of dollars) ago. I've since added a USG, a Tactical, and a DAO to the collection, along with a PS90 and a PS90TR - and I've ventured into the NFA world with the GemTech SFN-57.

This forum is my electronic "home." I've come to call many of the other posters here my friends. I wound up here, by invitation from DML5. He'd noticed a blog that I was keeping and thought that I'd be interested. Understatement.

Last words: Yes, it's OK if you still like your .45 (or 9mm or 5.56 or 7.62 or whatever.) Most of the people here like the system for what it is, but won't try to "convert" you based on mis-statements about what it is.
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

EARS

Post by EARS » 22 Sep 2008, 14:33

A gun show attending dream come true.

tejohnson
custom title: a nobody

Post by tejohnson » 22 Sep 2008, 14:48

Howdy,

My name is Todd. I am becoming more of a fan of firearms from FNH about every day.

Being from West Virginia, I grew up around an arsenal as a kid. Recently I have become more fond of plinking at the range and picking up pistols (preference towards Springfield), and other interesting firearms that are not typical hunting rifles you see around the WV hillsides.

So one day I was in DC walking from the Treasury CIO's office on Pennsylvania Ave to snag some lunch at Old Ebbit Grill. As I walked in front of the White House, I noticed a non uniformed USSS employee sporting a very interesting bullpup, thinking "now that is interesting". Then, when (don't laugh) Call of Duty 4 came out, I immediately recognized the rifle and put a name to it.

Then came this site (well, the old one) by way of Google, and an awesome deal from Tanner's on a PS90, which saved me a few hundred from buying from CDNN.

Stepping into NFA territory, (which I had planned from the start as my first post was where to buy a PS90 non-barreled PS90 receiver) I have a barreled receiver waiting at TROS, and my SWR Spectre is sitting in a Class-III dealer's safe while I wait on BATFE approvals & transfer paperwork.

Now I am throwing cash around for reloading equipment & supplies, which I though was supposed to help save in ammo costs. I am also working on building a benchtop CNC machine which will be powered by Linux.

As if you have not figured it out yet, I am a computer geek for the government.

DeadEye

Post by DeadEye » 25 Sep 2008, 15:43

Greetings All,
Just got a PS90 and was searching the net for info on accessories and ended up here.
My boss gave me the FN bug and now I need a raise to buy ammo. :thumb:
I need time-off to go shooting to. :guns:

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 25 Sep 2008, 15:50

Welcome. :cya:
كاف

heavyd

Post by heavyd » 26 Sep 2008, 19:07

Hi everyone. I am new to this community by a couple weeks. I was raised with guns as my father was a collector but i havent touched a gun in 20 years. I just started again and i was so intrigued by this gun when i saw it in a store, I had to get it. I was looking for feedback before purchasing and i found this sight. Great to be here.

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 26 Sep 2008, 19:14

Welcome, heavyd! And welcome back to the sport, too.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 26 Sep 2008, 20:07

No worries heavy. It's like riding a bike. It will come back to ya in no time! :thumb:

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator

Post by MrSlippyFist » 26 Sep 2008, 22:25

heavyd wrote:Hi everyone. I am new to this community by a couple weeks. I was raised with guns as my father was a collector but i havent touched a gun in 20 years. I just started again and i was so intrigued by this gun when i saw it in a store, I had to get it. I was looking for feedback before purchasing and i found this sight. Great to be here.
Outstanding. That's the kind of thing I like to hear. Be sure to let us know what you think. It's great when people approach it with an open mind for what it is instead of dismissing it completely because they are misinformed or just plain ignorant. *Cough* Sniper Central *Cough*
Embrace the Suck

heavyd

Post by heavyd » 27 Sep 2008, 07:02

i definitely got fired up after getting this gun. my next investment is the laser. one thing i did realize is that i am not as good of a shot as i used to be. ( or i thought i was better than i really was :)). i just submitted for my free boxes of ammo from fnhusa, so i am looking forward to that.

EARS

Post by EARS » 27 Sep 2008, 07:36

The difference in your shooting ability may be the gun. I was used to shooting a 45 all the time. The first couple of times out, my groups were not that great. Then I caught myself antisipated(sp?) the recoil. When I stopped that, gained the control on my USG and had my groups back. Congrats to the forum and your new purchase.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 27 Sep 2008, 07:44

Yes, you'll definitely find that this weapon shoots differently than others. Recoild anticipation seems to get a lot of people. They expect the weapon to kick a lot harder because of the size of the cartridge but once you've fired it, you realize that the recoil is next to nothing.
My wife is dead on with mine simply because she isn't used to larger caliber weapons.
Give yourself a little adjusting time and you'll be just fine. :thumb:

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 27 Sep 2008, 07:54

welcome
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

rotorblade

Post by rotorblade » 27 Sep 2008, 09:51

Hi I'm rotorblade I was on the previous forum for a long time even before the PS90 came out. When I heard about the PS90 Coming out I Knew I was gonna get one and August of 2006 I got one. It has been a joy ever since. Never really cared for the Pistol though I really wanted to get one to go with the PS90. But alas I have too much Muscle memory, mags, spare parts, time, and money in 9mm Glocks to really care for it. But the PS90 OHHH BOYY, YEAH. I sold rifles and other stuff only holding on to my Glocks to get this rifle.

Funny thing I have to set aside 20 min and a extra mag for all the gawkers and people who want to shoot it when I show up at the range with it. It gets lots of ohs and ahs.

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator

Post by MrSlippyFist » 27 Sep 2008, 16:54

Welcome back! Even though you were around before me!
Embrace the Suck

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 27 Sep 2008, 18:17

Welcome back Rotorblade :D

Love the name, BTW

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 28 Sep 2008, 06:01

You would Wolly. :D
كاف

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 28 Sep 2008, 09:55

Welcome back rotorblade!

EARS

Post by EARS » 28 Sep 2008, 18:14

Welcome back rotorblade!

rotorblade

Post by rotorblade » 29 Sep 2008, 06:20

Thanks Cyberfly I was in a phone booth Changing clothes!!!! :thumb:

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 29 Sep 2008, 09:50

Superdude! Is that you?! Why didn't you use your old nick buddy? And why go with a whirlybird nick? Trying to buy points with Wolly? He's a propellor head! :lmao:

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 29 Sep 2008, 11:04

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 29 Sep 2008, 12:00

Like I said... :lmao:

Boxing Buffalo
Banned

Post by Boxing Buffalo » 30 Sep 2008, 21:04

Well hi there. I'm a five seven newbie.

This morning, I sent an email to my boss mentioning I had an appointment at 10am, and I would be late for work. Sometimes being a manager is good....

My appointment was to get to the gun store at 10am when it opened. I had bought a used 2nd gen Glock 19 on Friday, took it out to the woods Sunday, and it jammed twice, and didn't eject worth a damn. As I stood there in the woods, I said to myself, I should have just taken this $400 and put it towards the Five Seven I want.

So, I did just that. Since I found the gun to be faulty, they took it back and I ordered myself a brand new FN 5.7x28mm. It will be in my hands before this weekend.

This forum served as a great place to research the gun and load before I decided on a purchase. And, that used Glock 19 was my first handgun purchase. It's kind of like how when I was a kid, I lost my virginity all drunk and confused with a gal who most of my friends also lost their virginity to. But, the next girl... Green eyed little Latina girl that I still can't get out of my head. That's how I equate my experience with the Glock 19, and how my next gun is going to be the FN 5.7.

Down the road, I'd love to pick up a new Glock 20 for my camping/hiking gun, and I have no problems with the Glock. I think I just picked up a lemon with a LOT Of rounds through it that wasn't taken care of at all. I didn't feel like another project.

So, that's why I'm here.

Also, up until about 6 weeks ago, I'd never shot anything other than a .22 rifle, and that was about 15 years ago. I was scared of guns, scared of gun owners, all that crap. I figured the only way to get over the fear was to get one, shoot it, and see what I thought. Now, I've been bit, and bit hard. My first was a Mossberg 500a Tactical Persuader with the 20" barrel. I threw a Knoxx Spec Ops stock on her, heat shield, and next gun show I'll get some more goodies like a sling, light system, some sights.

That's my story. Being this new into guns and getting a five seven feels like that kid in high school that was driving a new Mustang while I was in the old beater farm truck. Now I've got that Mustang! :guns:

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 30 Sep 2008, 21:19

Welcome to the Forum :D
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 01 Oct 2008, 04:32

Welcome!
كاف

EARS

Post by EARS » 01 Oct 2008, 08:19

Welcome to the forum.

dtask

Post by dtask » 01 Oct 2008, 08:33

What's up all. I never posted an introduction, so I figured I would since I have thoroughly enjoyed reading on the old forum and this one too. I found this forum after I found the "other" forum out there and after a giving them both a shot, I figured that the level of knowledge and class was on a higher level over here (especially since the clown moved on & made is safe to ask questions again!) , so I joined up. I have a FiveseveN pistol and love it - and from the sound of things will be loving it even more after I send it to EA for the full tune up - and that is what got me looking for information and ultimately led me here. My only regret so far is that I bought so much damn ammo before I heard about Elite's offerings that I haven't had the chance to get some of it - I have a lot of brass though!

iCeMaN

Post by iCeMaN » 03 Oct 2008, 00:32

Hello all...was on here previously but thought i would say hi again :) Same name same ol person...learned alot with this forum and plan on being more active here.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 03 Oct 2008, 06:06

Good to have ya back Ice! And I'm glad to hear you plan to be more active this time around too! You might not have always piped up, but when you did, it was always something good!
:thumb:

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 03 Oct 2008, 08:50

welcome to the forum
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

iCeMaN

Post by iCeMaN » 03 Oct 2008, 16:36

Yea i know...I tend to keep a low profile unless i see a good chance to speak up lol :D

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 03 Oct 2008, 16:39

Welcome back Iceman!

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator

Post by MrSlippyFist » 03 Oct 2008, 17:06

iCeMaN wrote:Yea i know...I tend to keep a low profile unless i see a good chance to speak up lol :D
Yeah I did the same thing. Then one day I got real vocal and apparently I didn't piss off enough people because the powers that be decided to keep me around.
Embrace the Suck

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 03 Oct 2008, 18:29

hey iCeMaN....welcome back "to that other FN forum"...LOL :lmao:

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 03 Oct 2008, 18:33

Grantness wrote:hey iCeMaN....welcome back "to that other FN forum"...LOL :lmao:
:huh:
There's another FN forum?
You're kidding, right?! :?:

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 03 Oct 2008, 18:34

No but there is a Stargate Fan Club :lmao:

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 03 Oct 2008, 18:38

Col. Carter has a new show! I can't wait to crank it to her. Wonder how long before all the other SG1 types join HER!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

iCeMaN

Post by iCeMaN » 03 Oct 2008, 19:37

Cyberfly wrote:
Grantness wrote:hey iCeMaN....welcome back "to that other FN forum"...LOL :lmao:
:huh:
There's another FN forum?
You're kidding, right?! :?:
Ok guys....I like everyone on both and i visit both forum frequently...i wish i was a mod :evil:

iCeMaN

Post by iCeMaN » 03 Oct 2008, 19:38

You were VERY vocal but i really enjoyed reading posts ect that you made Cyberfly :D

Boo Boo

Post by Boo Boo » 03 Oct 2008, 21:24

no one ever told me i would have to reregister

Boom De ah Da - :monkey: :monkey:

iCeMaN

Post by iCeMaN » 04 Oct 2008, 00:39

:gavel:

EARS

Post by EARS » 04 Oct 2008, 05:20

Welcome Boo Boo!

samich
Banned

Post by samich » 04 Oct 2008, 13:48

hello I'm new to this forum and also new to the 5.7 , I just got my 5.7 IOM , it has the round trigger guard , it is factory , never fired , actually I have never fired a 5.7 ever , I'm still wondering if I should not fire this and keep the IOM factory fresh ? and some day buy a USG and fire that , oh and I wanted to know for a defense round , ss 195 lf, or ss197 , I have room mates in other rooms so im not sure , a round that will stop for self def. thank you in advance

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 04 Oct 2008, 13:53

Welcome, check out EliteAmmunition's sub-forum here and also their website.

If you're the collector type of person, don't shoot it. If you're the type of person that doesn't really care (like me), shoot it :p

samich
Banned

Post by samich » 04 Oct 2008, 13:54

cool if I shoot it will it lower the value alot

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 04 Oct 2008, 14:04

Think of it along the lines of sports cars - In ten years, would you rather have the same sports car with 10K miles or 60K miles? Financially, the former is obviously better if you intend to sell. Experience-wise, you might appreciate the times spent driving those other 50K miles in your favorite ride.

Your call.

ETA: While both guns and cars can have (and increase in) collector value, neither is generally considered to be a great financial investment (from an ROI point of view.)
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 04 Oct 2008, 14:26

iCeMaN wrote:i wish i was a mod :evil:
I wish I have a milion bucks.

j/k :)
كاف

iCeMaN

Post by iCeMaN » 04 Oct 2008, 17:18

EA FTW!!

Gramaton Cleric
Gold Member
custom title: Gun Kata

Post by Gramaton Cleric » 04 Oct 2008, 18:15

I found this site after leaving active duty! My father in-law showed me a bass pro add and low and behold a 5.7!!! I remembered reading an article years ago and had no idea a civie model was available so I did a search and found this site and, as they say the rest is history :D
Aim small,Miss Small!
NRA LIFE Member
Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance.

EARS

Post by EARS » 05 Oct 2008, 10:55

Welcome to the site! Keep safe and keep you head and other parts down.

Rocklobster

Post by Rocklobster » 05 Oct 2008, 16:02

Howdy. I'm not really a new member, was registered before. Haven't been here in awhile, had to register again. Old handle: Ben Dover

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 05 Oct 2008, 16:21

Welcome Back
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 05 Oct 2008, 16:24

Ok guys....I like everyone on both and i visit both forum frequently...i wish i was a mod :evil:
Just busting your chops iCeMaN... i dont really have a beef with anyone, I just like to make fun of that silly little rule they have over there. :guns: :rules:

murphies_finest

Post by murphies_finest » 05 Oct 2008, 17:45

what rule is that?

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 05 Oct 2008, 18:05

If you say anything about this forum in anyway you are banned, unless your slamming or lying about us then your posts are made into stickies.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator

Post by MrSlippyFist » 05 Oct 2008, 19:56

LOL
Embrace the Suck

murphies_finest

Post by murphies_finest » 05 Oct 2008, 21:20

wtf? that is just plain retarded! that right there shows insecurity lmao

dtask

Post by dtask » 07 Oct 2008, 04:34

:agree:

eagleshotz
custom title: You like that

Post by eagleshotz » 07 Oct 2008, 17:20

i dont really have a beef with anyone,

Can you speak english please? What is beef?

reads

Post by reads » 07 Oct 2008, 17:55

Hello everyone.
I was at the other site before it crashed.
Tanner told me about the site, when purchasing a weapon.

Tthank You for having me (learned a lot so far)
centerville ohio

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 07 Oct 2008, 18:05

Welcome back Ben Dover. Welcome back reads.
Welcome back Devil Dawg...I know there are many others who are here I've missed.
Members are slowly finding their way home again. Maybe its the bread crumbs that Lisa left as a trail, maybe its word of mouth from others, but members are quickly adding up again.
I wish that things were different between Ship's site and ours, but alas, they aren't. We've had members try to smooth things over, but it just won't happen, so its just easier to poke fun at each other.
It's a lot easier for us since they give us so much ammunition, but...I'm going to try REALLY hard not to go down that road. No matter HOW tempting it gets.

eagleshotz
custom title: You like that

Post by eagleshotz » 07 Oct 2008, 18:38

:laugh:

Rover

Post by Rover » 08 Oct 2008, 21:07

Hi all. My name is Art. I was on the old forum for a few months but didn't have all that many posts.

My first 5.7 was a USG. Was such fun to shoot it was quickly followed up by a PS90. The PS90 is gone now (wanted to fund other projects) but I just bought an unfired (not for long!) IOM today.

Looking forward to participating and learning more about this great round.

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 08 Oct 2008, 21:33

Welcome back Rover!

EARS

Post by EARS » 09 Oct 2008, 04:35

Welcome back Rover! Sorry to hear about having to sell the PS90, but congrats on the IOM purchase.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 09 Oct 2008, 05:04

Welcome!
كاف

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 09 Oct 2008, 08:54

Welcome, hope you enjoy the new forum!

FNH5-7Owner

Post by FNH5-7Owner » 09 Oct 2008, 19:01

Hello everyone, I am new to this ssite, and found it while looking up reloading 5.7 rds. I spent 8 years in the military, now a disabled vet, and love shooting. I received a Shotgun News for my grandfather a few years ago, and saw the first 5.7 round in it. I started doing research, and saving money, and did more research on the round. This way a very cool looking pistol. I had problems with VA, and when I finally got paid I bought the one weapon I have always wanted, a MP5 (clone). I went and got my permit to carry, and then was at the gun shop when a guy camme in to pick up his 5.7 pistol, and told me that if you bought one before some date in April that you couyld get 200 rds free. I asked the owner if I could see the last one he had, and feel in love. I walked out with the pistol that night, and still have not received the rounds from FNH USA. Now I am working on a speedsite rear mount for the pistol, and you can find the info in the night sight forum. Anyway, at the range, more people want to shop my 5.7 then the MP5, even I do. Great design, wish there had been a different sight system, but it is still great. The thing that got me to register with the sight was that I had found some info on what the 5.7 rds do in action on a glock site. Whomever wrote it, came from this site, and I registered that night. So, to the person who wrote all of the stuff about the swat and special ops stuff. Thank you. I am also a machinist, and that is why I am doing something different with this pistol, but I will not cut, file, or mill anything, if I can figure out how to add pics, you will see on the other thread. Thank you everyone for what you have put together with this site, and thank you to all of the members who like to help and tell their stories. Thank you Everyone, and it is only Possible by or Freedom

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 09 Oct 2008, 21:04

Welcome back Rover. And welcome FNH5-7Owner. Your story isn't that different than a lot of ours. I went to Bass Pro to pick up an HK40 and ran into a buddy from the Bureau that just had to show my his new FsN. He told me not to waste my money on the HK and he dragged me to the range and let me put a box of rounds down range through his FiveseveN and I was hooked. It took me a little bit to save up the difference, but it wasn't long before I too was a convert.
I was a lifelong Ruger fan and would defend Ruger's name to the death...but last year I sold off my last Ruger. Traded it actually to get my father in law a new deer rifle. And haven't regreted it a bit. I'm completely sold on this platform. I'll probably end up with another 9MM some day, but right now, the ONLY handgun I own is my 5.7. I plan to add an FNP40 and FNP9 and yes, even the FNP45 to my collection, but for now, I'm happy with the PS90 and the FsN. There's just something about this platform that sold me completely. I can't put it into words. Its something you have to experience.

murphies_finest

Post by murphies_finest » 10 Oct 2008, 04:49

welcome all

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 10 Oct 2008, 05:07

FNH5-7Owner wrote:, and still have not received the rounds from FNH USA.
Hi and welcome!
Some paperwork was reported to have been lost around that time, mine included. Give them a call and see if you're on record, if not resend the info. Bob allowed me to scan and email it to him.

AR-BALLISTIC

Post by AR-BALLISTIC » 10 Oct 2008, 19:44

Glad to be here. I just paid for my FiveseveN today and now must wait my agonizing 10 day wait period. :wall: I CAN'T freakin wait to get my new FiveseveN and try it out. :D

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 10 Oct 2008, 19:51

Welcome to the forum, Ballistic!

You have to WAIT for the thing? Man, what a bunch of pinko-commie BS!

You won't be disappointed though, they're very fun to shoot and are well worth it.
Last edited by Wollychop on 10 Oct 2008, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

AR-BALLISTIC

Post by AR-BALLISTIC » 10 Oct 2008, 20:08

Wollychop wrote:Welcome to the forum, Ballistic?

You have to WAIT for the thing? Man, what a bunch of pinko-commie BS!

You won't be disappointed though, they're very fun to shoot and are well worth it.
Yeah , I live in Kalifornikstan :laugh: Thus the 10 day wait. Thanks for the welcome bro. I have been wanting a 5 seven for quite sometime now. Take care , Mike

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 10 Oct 2008, 20:19

Welcome to the site Mike!
You'll find you aren't alone. We have a lot of members here from the PRK.

EARS

Post by EARS » 11 Oct 2008, 08:23

Welcome all!