New Member Introduction

General discussion.
ROCKETW19

Re: Newbie here

Post by ROCKETW19 » 10 Jan 2013, 21:16

blueorison wrote:
Nine wrote:New to the site and just wanted to say hey to everyone. Bought a 5.7 earlier this month, and as you all know ammo is noware to be found. Sucks, can't even test fire my damn gun. I'm hearing April for supplies to come in.....what's the word here?
Same story, different person.
same story? that is the first time I ever hear April? I am new here also but I have not read anything about that yet?

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by Rapier1772 » 10 Jan 2013, 21:44

I think it's along the lines of "it's coming, just wait longer" same story. That story is common.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 10 Jan 2013, 22:31

Inside sources tell me that a batch is coming this month.

Go talk to your LGS to call you instantly if they get any, and report in.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

FLY-IN

Post by FLY-IN » 13 Jan 2013, 21:57

I'm brand new to the Five seveN. In fact I'm still shopping for one. My priority is it's big brother the PS90 first then the pistol. Although I'm new to this cartridge, I'm a long time shooter, long time loader. I remember the last time I qualified with my M-16 I put 10 rounds in my Navigators target so he could get his Marksmanship Ribbon. There was quite a quandry when the range officer counted 61 holes in his target when he only had 60 rounds to fire. Like Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies, "I can shoot a gnat off a pot a' grits in a deep fog a 300 feet". Well, I can shoot a jack rabbit on the run with a Dan Wesson 44 Magnum. And I had a special load with a 125gr soft nose bullet that I used with 38 spcl brass in my 357 to shoot chipmunks on the run. I didn't do that too often cause I thought them critters were kinda cute. Now I need personal protection. Someone stole my 9mm during our move and I saw the PS90 demo in "Close Combat Weapons Competition" and thought this is a great carbine for home pertection and the sister pistol will due nicely when I'm out on business. The lure of your site was for reloading advise; as in what is optimal for both weapons. I'm a retired disabled Vietnam Vet. I have a son that is making the Army a career and he is a hunter and a shooter as well. My Bride of 41½ years is currently under treatment for gallbladder cancer. Her outlook is very hopeful. If you are spiritual, your prayers for her (Joyce) would be appreciated. I look forward to many friendships in this forum. Warmest regards, FLY-IN

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 13 Jan 2013, 23:45

FLY-IN wrote:I'm brand new to the Five seveN. In fact I'm still shopping for one. My priority is it's big brother the PS90 first then the pistol. Although I'm new to this cartridge, I'm a long time shooter, long time loader. I remember the last time I qualified with my M-16 I put 10 rounds in my Navigators target so he could get his Marksmanship Ribbon. There was quite a quandry when the range officer counted 61 holes in his target when he only had 60 rounds to fire. Like Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies, "I can shoot a gnat off a pot a' grits in a deep fog a 300 feet". Well, I can shoot a jack rabbit on the run with a Dan Wesson 44 Magnum. And I had a special load with a 125gr soft nose bullet that I used with 38 spcl brass in my 357 to shoot chipmunks on the run. I didn't do that too often cause I thought them critters were kinda cute. Now I need personal protection. Someone stole my 9mm during our move and I saw the PS90 demo in "Close Combat Weapons Competition" and thought this is a great carbine for home pertection and the sister pistol will due nicely when I'm out on business. The lure of your site was for reloading advise; as in what is optimal for both weapons. I'm a retired disabled Vietnam Vet. I have a son that is making the Army a career and he is a hunter and a shooter as well. My Bride of 41½ years is currently under treatment for gallbladder cancer. Her outlook is very hopeful. If you are spiritual, your prayers for her (Joyce) would be appreciated. I look forward to many friendships in this forum. Warmest regards, FLY-IN
Welcome. Your words are heard, and put to thought.

I'll pray for your wife. God bless your family. Great work with honing your skill and being the antithesis of blue falcons.
Shoot more, worry less.

Virginian
custom title: Thread Necromancer

Post by Virginian » 14 Jan 2013, 07:51

FLY-IN,

Welcome and thoughts and prayers sent from VA.

Eric

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 14 Jan 2013, 08:29

FLY-IN wrote:I'm brand new to the Five seveN. In fact I'm still shopping for one. My priority is it's big brother the PS90 first then the pistol. Although I'm new to this cartridge, I'm a long time shooter, long time loader. I remember the last time I qualified with my M-16 I put 10 rounds in my Navigators target so he could get his Marksmanship Ribbon. There was quite a quandry when the range officer counted 61 holes in his target when he only had 60 rounds to fire. Like Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies, "I can shoot a gnat off a pot a' grits in a deep fog a 300 feet". Well, I can shoot a jack rabbit on the run with a Dan Wesson 44 Magnum. And I had a special load with a 125gr soft nose bullet that I used with 38 spcl brass in my 357 to shoot chipmunks on the run. I didn't do that too often cause I thought them critters were kinda cute. Now I need personal protection. Someone stole my 9mm during our move and I saw the PS90 demo in "Close Combat Weapons Competition" and thought this is a great carbine for home pertection and the sister pistol will due nicely when I'm out on business. The lure of your site was for reloading advise; as in what is optimal for both weapons. I'm a retired disabled Vietnam Vet. I have a son that is making the Army a career and he is a hunter and a shooter as well. My Bride of 41½ years is currently under treatment for gallbladder cancer. Her outlook is very hopeful. If you are spiritual, your prayers for her (Joyce) would be appreciated. I look forward to many friendships in this forum. Warmest regards, FLY-IN
Welcome FLY-IN,

I've been a lurker on this forum for a year or so now, a member for 6 months, and only picked up my 5.7 last week. Like you, I want a PS 90 as well. I want my space gun to join my FN collection as well as a few other FN products. I have been wanting a 5.7 for over a year now and finally found one for a reasonable price. It grew on me the first time I fired it and when they say you can't stop grinning, it's the truth.

Next, thank you and your son for your service to our country. I'm a Gulf War Era vet ( never deployed, but served from 92-99 in the ARMY ). I'm disabled because of my service as well. I will also keep your wife in my prayers.

Mike.

FLY-IN

Post by FLY-IN » 14 Jan 2013, 11:39

I'm humbled and grateful for your thoughts and prayers for my wife. And I too am very proud of all you who have worn the uniform of our armed services. We are truly the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE.
Warmest regards,
FLY-IN.

huddleston101

Post by huddleston101 » 14 Jan 2013, 12:09

FLY-IN wrote:I'm humbled and grateful for your thoughts and prayers for my wife. And I too am very proud of all you who have worn the uniform of our armed services. We are truly the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE.
Warmest regards,
FLY-IN.
welcome fly , you and your family are in our prayers and thoughts.

mclarengts

New Guy

Post by mclarengts » 17 Jan 2013, 05:46

Hello guys Im new here, I just bought my FiveseveN yesterday! i love it, ill be here reading and learning all I can learn..

NLVMike

Re: New Guy

Post by NLVMike » 17 Jan 2013, 06:02

Welcome, enjoy the gun and the forum :)

mclarengts

Re: New Guy

Post by mclarengts » 17 Jan 2013, 06:08

thanks!

pmakki

Post by pmakki » 21 Jan 2013, 11:13

Hello everybody. This is my first post on this forum. Joined a few days ago. Currently own a PS90 and 5.7. Great pieces. Want more. Anyway, the FiveseveN forum looks like the site to be in. There is definitely a wealth of knowledge here. I am from St. Louis. Mo. I enjoy the great interaction viewed here. I know there is a lot to learn and hope to sponge it all up. The FiveseveN was recently purchased with adj. sights and 3 20 rd mags and 1 30. Adjustable sights. Used, but like new. Bought the PS90 a few yrs back. Also used, but like new. Love them both. Again, Hello Everybody. Time for me to read on.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 21 Jan 2013, 13:01

Congrats on your purchase & welcome to the forum! You're following the same order I did :laugh: PS90 first then the FsN.
I only bought the FsN because of these bozos, but they were right :laugh:
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

pmakki

Post by pmakki » 21 Jan 2013, 13:16

Followed your footsteps yes? Hope you didn't trip. Been doing a lot of reading today, good info. Ordered threaded barrel from EA. Looks like a long wait, but in no rush. Thanks for acknowledging me.

PainKillaX
custom title: I rep that west

Post by PainKillaX » 21 Jan 2013, 16:49

Welcome to the party. You'll get to sponge something up, but maybe not what you expected :laugh:

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 21 Jan 2013, 17:44

pmakki wrote:Followed your footsteps yes? Hope you didn't trip. Been doing a lot of reading today, good info. Ordered threaded barrel from EA. Looks like a long wait, but in no rush. Thanks for acknowledging me.
Oh I've stumbled before, but it wasn't on my decision to buy the PS90 or FsN :D Haven't regretted buying either platform :thumb:

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member
custom title: A.K.A. DW

Post by SHEEPDOG » 21 Jan 2013, 17:59

Welcome to the forum.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 23 Jan 2013, 22:34

Welcome, guys!

The forum WIKI on the banner is quite helpful with FsN FAQs, etc.

If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a PM and I'll do my best to help ya'll out :)
Shoot more, worry less.

watkykjy
custom title: he sees you.

Post by watkykjy » 01 Feb 2013, 06:26

Hi guys,

I'll be breaking the seal on my FDE USG tomorrow and thought I'd better get registered to have some insight into these guns. I recently purchased my USG at normal price from a friend who was wise enough to buy a few before they became... expensive. Hopefully I can find some ammunition for it! I plan to carry this pistol every day and look forward to adding it to my collection. I am a lifelong Glock shooter and this Belgian will be right at home with the rest!