Flamethrower Video (HD)

General discussion.
DmL5

Flamethrower Video (HD)

Post by DmL5 » 17 Jul 2015, 18:59

Flamethrowers are epic.

I'm not selling these, but there's a purchase link in the video description (yes, you can buy your own flamethrower now, and they're actually pretty safe).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5iaD47Kszk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: Flamethrower Video (HD)

Post by panzermk2 » 18 Jul 2015, 08:37

DmL5 wrote: (yes, you can buy your own flamethrower now, and they're actually pretty safe).

LOL famous last words.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

DmL5

Post by DmL5 » 18 Jul 2015, 08:59

That's how I felt too at first panzer, but I researched the concept a lot, and after using one for almost a year I trust it. I'll admit it was scary shooting it the first time, but not so much after that.

I don't see any problems with the concept and I'm not aware of any accidents with them (they were used quite a bit in WW2 and Vietnam, and a lot of these modern builds are in circulation now too). A lot of people worry about the flame traveling back through the gun into the gas tank, but due to the pressure it's not really possible, and even if it did happen, the gas tank is filled with 100% gas and CO2 (which is inert). Without oxygen in there, the gas is not so risky. If you didn't trust it though, I suppose you could load it with diesel instead, which is really tame (actually they told me a 90% diesel and 10% gas mix gets more range anyway).

The warning labels I threw in there in the video for dramatic effect actually came mostly from the CO2 tanks, which are just standard Empire tanks like everyone uses for paintball. :thumb:

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 18 Jul 2015, 22:33

Video went a bit overboard on the dramatic IMHO but it was well made and flame throwers are definitely fun. Closest I ever came to playing with one is a propane weed burner thing my dad built when I was a kid.

Oh BTW, CO2 is not an inert gas, it's just not combustible.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

blkbd

Post by blkbd » 18 Feb 2016, 17:46

That would be so much fun when someone asks for a light.