Shooting Muslim Terrorists at Garland

General discussion.
Bazzer69
Silver Member
custom title: Erk of the first ord

Shooting Muslim Terrorists at Garland

Post by Bazzer69 » 04 May 2015, 18:28

Well done the Highway Patrol officer who shot the two scumbags at Garland. It was terrific shooting given they were armed with "assault" rifles according to reports whilst the officer was armed and used his service weapon. What makes this more remarkable was the two terrorists were also reported to be wearing body armor. So what handgun did the officer use and what was his cartridges? A FN USG perhaps with SS190's or maybe he made a couple of great head shots. The reports that I can find says he only fired two shots. That's hard to believe. But many Kudos to this guy for saving lots of lives including his own. He obviously showed great skill and self control to be able to make those shots.
Thanks Officer, whoever you are. You can be on my 22nd Reg team.

Bazzer

Who Dares Wins

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: Shooting Muslim Terrorists at Garland

Post by Rapier1772 » 04 May 2015, 19:36

Do you have references for your info? I only saw that it was an "officer" who returned fire and that he struck both BGs. I too didn't see anything about what he used but nor did I see anything on how many shots were fired or anything about body armor.
The only 2 shot thing I read was that a witness heard gunfire then 2 shots. Sounds to me as if there was an exchange & then 2 more shots from a different firearm.

I've read several articles about it, most were pretty much the same. This is the latest one that I read & it had a few more details.
http://news.yahoo.com/garland-shooting- ... YAuJsnnIlQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But also, never trust the media. If I can't find it on multiple sources, IMHO, it probably didn't happen the way they said.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Bazzer69
Silver Member

Post by Bazzer69 » 04 May 2015, 19:44

I agree, never trust the media. I looked at a lot of reports via google, and that's the best I came up with. I was hoping someone might know more such as the sidearms carried by the police dept and ammo used.

satellitedr3ams
Gold Member
custom title: TimeTraveler

Post by satellitedr3ams » 04 May 2015, 20:16

Bazzer69 wrote:I agree, never trust the media. I looked at a lot of reports via google, and that's the best I came up with. I was hoping someone might know more such as the sidearms carried by the police dept and ammo used.
That is an oxymoron. I (and others) find your Thread Title to be extremely racist & provocative. For someone not to have been there, or to not even know the slightest idea of what went on you sure have "came up" with some crap. You posting things like that can make the forum and its members potential targets. You seem to be kind of a negative and or ignorant being, maybe you should try loving yourself and your brothers & sisters. :cya:

Bazzer69
Silver Member

Post by Bazzer69 » 04 May 2015, 20:32

satellitedr3ams wrote:
Bazzer69 wrote:I agree, never trust the media. I looked at a lot of reports via google, and that's the best I came up with. I was hoping someone might know more such as the sidearms carried by the police dept and ammo used.
That is an oxymoron. I (and others) find your Thread Title to be extremely racist & provocative. For someone not to have been there, or to not even know the slightest idea of what went on you sure have "came up" with some crap. You posting things like that can make the forum and its members potential targets. You seem to be kind of a negative and or ignorant being, maybe you should try loving yourself and your brothers & sisters. :cya:

Its not crap, check the news and you will see the title MUSLIM TERRORISTS all over the place.
Your worried about me being a target?
I think you must be drunk, or a lover of these people and a liberal to boot.

Bazzer

Who Dares Wins

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 04 May 2015, 20:52

Play nice y'all.

Why does someone have to be drunk to be worried about another person? Or a sympathizer or liberal for that matter?

I did check the news on yahoo & google, NONE of the ones I saw said "Muslim Terrorists." They did say the shooters were Muslim and that a terrorist connection was being investigated.
Any news agency which prints "Muslim Terrorists" before a terrorist connection is established is likely to be sued for libel.

Bazzer69
Silver Member

Post by Bazzer69 » 04 May 2015, 21:06

Rapier1772 wrote:Play nice y'all.

Why does someone have to be drunk to be worried about another person?

I did check the news on yahoo & google, NONE of the ones I saw said "Muslim Terrorists." They did say the shooters were Muslim and that a terrorist connection was being investigated.
Any news agency which prints "Muslim Terrorists" before a terrorist connection is established is likely to be sued for libel.

ABC news, if you watched it. Had a very long segment on these guys. They were known by the FBI, one of them had been on the radar for ten years. He was also on the no fly list. They showed a number of texts the guys had sent to known terrorist groups. They were Muslims, ABC interviewed the cleric at their Mosque. So what would you call them?

I'm new to this forum , but amazed at someones liberal attitude . They were intending to kill as many Christians and Americans as they possibly could.
It pisses me off how many Americans want to turn the other cheek to the Muslim community. If there were not any Muslims in the USA there would have been no Fort Hood Shooting.
Play nice? Tell that to all our boys overseas.

I wanted to know what was the weapon used by the Highway patrol officer and what cartridge was used, Not a opinion as to if these guys were Muslim Terrorists.
Thanks
:D

Bazzer69
Silver Member

Post by Bazzer69 » 04 May 2015, 21:42

You might want to read this
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/g ... -1.2209345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bazzer

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 04 May 2015, 22:04

I don't normally watch the news, but I will search & read the news online. It's typically faster & allows me to reference if need be. Plus when I'm studying, it's easier to work around my schedule instead of theirs. Thank you for the reference. Your reference states that an ISIS group tried to claim the gunmen were supporters but it hasn't been confirmed yet. It is also the only article that I have seen to point it out so far.

Yes, they were known sympathizers of ISIS but that does not necessarily equal a terrorist in the eyes of the law, at least not directly. Based solely on the media reports, I think the shooters should be, and will be, labeled as terrorists eventually. But your post implies, if not states, that Muslims are terrorists; this is wrong. Being Muslim does not mean one is a terrorist, just like being an American doesn't mean one is a gun toting cowboy, or that being from India means means working as a cab driver or at a 7-11, or that being a Brit means you break for tea at least 3 times a day.
BTW right now, I just call them "the would be (or wanna be) killers."

I've heard several definitions of "liberal attitude" lately, to which version are you referring? Laid back, progressive, pro(big)-government, etc.
These two were there to kill as many people as possible, I would bet my PS90 they weren't going to discriminate based on religion & nationality. I'd also bet that Christians & Americans weren't the only ones there, other religions & nationalities were present.
Play nice? Tell that to all our boys overseas.
That's in a war zone, you're in civvie-land which has different rules. However, my reference was just to behavior on the forum which is spelled out in the Guidelines

So you want kick out all the Muslims? I have a few Muslim friends here at ISU; worked with a couple of them all year to design a new kind of RTG (nuclear battery type thing). By your statements, they shouldn't be allowed here is that right?
Apparently you also think Muslims couldn't find a way into the US if they wanted. All they'd have to do is follow the Mexicans.
What about American citizens who take up Islam, what do you do with them? We can't stop that, we have freedom of religion here so that would be unconstitutional.

Hobknob
Gold Member

Post by Hobknob » 04 May 2015, 22:15

Looks like it was a Glock and it sounds like the officer had a good/lucky vantage point to score some upper A-Zone shots.

http://www.fox4news.com/story/28976247/ ... toon-event" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-- Thank you for calling 911 emergency services, please hold --
~~ \|/ ~~

Bazzer69
Silver Member

Post by Bazzer69 » 04 May 2015, 22:28

Hobknob wrote:Looks like it was a Glock and it sounds like the officer had a good/lucky vantage point to score some upper A-Zone shots.

http://www.fox4news.com/story/28976247/ ... toon-event" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the link. They stated a couple of times it was a Glock that was used. Wonder what caliber and ammo used. I guess we will never be told that. Head shots? I thought cops were trained for COM?

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 04 May 2015, 22:48

Bazzer69 wrote:
Hobknob wrote:Looks like it was a Glock and it sounds like the officer had a good/lucky vantage point to score some upper A-Zone shots.

Thanks for the link. They stated a couple of times it was a Glock that was used. Wonder what caliber and ammo used. I guess we will never be told that. Head shots? I thought cops were trained for COM?

Cops aren't "trained" in the way most perceive. They either have a really nice dept that is motivated by individuals in higher ranks pushing for better training, or they pay for the training themselves.

Otherwise they receive the most basic of training, in regards to sidearm proficiency. Even the highest accolades are given to reward a slow-fire, NRA-style, impractical course. Impractical, pertaining to a more dynamic scenario.

Better training is available; even then, most don't get much time behind a gun, even in static situations. Many departments are now pushing for "marksmanship units", which gets them more mainstream sponsorship (ie jerseys) and training time.

I'm not a cop; this is information from the mouth of friends from different departments.

Sheriff dept's go through less red-tape to get training, but often are subsidized on ammo or pay for it themselves.

As for your verbiage, bazzer; the word "terrorist" modifies "Muslim". I can understand how some might perceive this as propagating the idea that Muslims are directly linked with terrorism. I also can also understand how it can be a modifier just as the word "Horrible" modifies "Woman", in "Horrible Woman Driver Can't Park". That doesn't claim that all women are horrible drivers. Just as your statement could be read without the judgment that you are implicating all Muslims to be terrorists.

If someone said, "Hypocritical Christian", I think some might be offended, but this doesn't mean that the OP is claiming that all Christians are hypocritical (Westboro).

Either way, I grew up with both Christians and Muslims, overseas, for over a decade, in Asia. The Muslims where I grew up are very different from those in other countries.

It isn't solely a "Muslim" thing. It's more of a cultural thing. I studied Muslim culture at UT, and took upper division classes in it (walk a hundred paces in a man shoes, and you might learn how he thinks). This by no means makes me an expert. One crucial observation I did glean was that some Muslims will use their religion to persecute the women and enslave them in their egotistical values.

Just like many cults in the past have. People will always be people.

It's like the bad cop. Or the idiot firearm owner. They were bad and idiots before they were cops or firearm owners.

A bad cop, firearm owner, Christian, Muslim, doesn't make all of them bad. It just means there are a lot of bad people in the world. As awfully ingrained in their own sub-cultures as they are, they are hard to identify outside of these factions, groups, and religions. However, if we do not make the effort to do this, we become the just as the prevalent LEO culture;

We only see an "us versus them" in our world. This polar approach is a downfall of our culture.

2am ramblings.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Mister Freeze
custom title: 159.6

Post by Mister Freeze » 05 May 2015, 04:57

...Like that fantastic shot from a cop in San Antonio...

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS.

Bazzer69
Silver Member

Post by Bazzer69 » 05 May 2015, 07:33

Wow, so I didn't expect to find cop haters or Muslim lovers on this forum. Being berated by a moderator is not my idea of fun
My request was to find out about the weapon used in this terrorist attack carried out by a couple of men who were Muslims and supporters of ISIS

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 05 May 2015, 07:51

Cop haters? Muslim lovers? Now you're just trolling.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 05 May 2015, 08:35

Obviously I didn't say all cops are bad... I have a lot of friends who are LE and I almost went that route, also.... and you completely are missing what I'm saying, so I'm just going to go now...
Shoot more, worry less.

Bazzer69
Silver Member

Post by Bazzer69 » 05 May 2015, 10:17

Rapier1772 wrote:Cop haters? Muslim lovers? Now you're just trolling.
Sorry, I'm NOT trolling. But if you want me to cease on the forum, just let me know. I'm trying to ignore a couple of the senior members of the forum who seem to know more about the subject than I do.
I find references of support for Islam to be offensive. I bet there are many relatives of those who have been injured and killed in the name of islam who would agree.

Bazzer69
Silver Member

Post by Bazzer69 » 05 May 2015, 10:23

blueorison wrote:Obviously I didn't say all cops are bad... I have a lot of friends who are LE and I almost went that route, also.... and you completely are missing what I'm saying, so I'm just going to go now...
No, I'm not missing what you are saying, I'm just trying to ignore you. I just happen to know a little about the Medieval Religion called Islam. It supports killing by boiling in oil, stoning, cutting of hands , mutilating female genitalia etc, etc.
You are Flaming me and assuming I am ignorant and a bigot. You get away with it since you are a moderator and I am a junior member.
This thread was about Firearms and not Terrorists.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 05 May 2015, 11:17

I also know a Medieval Religion called Catholicism.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I never once flamed you, you are being overly sensitive. I was actually being very supportive. You also put words in my mouth.
Shoot more, worry less.

Bazzer69
Silver Member

Post by Bazzer69 » 05 May 2015, 11:33

blueorison wrote:I also know a Medieval Religion called Catholicism.

I never once flamed you, you are being overly sensitive. I was actually being very supportive. You also put words in my mouth.
Actually i'm an Atheist , Maybe I am being oversensitive, but this is a very sensitive subject, so how about we agree to disagree and be friends?

Barry

bobbatchelor

Post by bobbatchelor » 05 May 2015, 16:07

At the end of the movie "The Kingdom" both sides say the same lines. "you have to kill them all". Now I would rather not be killed if you know what I mean. Christians are not the problem, can we agree on that?

Hobknob
Gold Member

Post by Hobknob » 05 May 2015, 16:44

Bazzer69 wrote:
blueorison wrote:I also know a Medieval Religion called Catholicism.

Actually i'm an Atheist , Maybe I am being oversensitive, but this is a very sensitive subject, so how about we agree to disagree and be friends?

Barry
Awwwwwww.......first I think all of you guys should sit down and sing an emotional rendition of Cumbaya :D (if that fails, you could go with "Why Can't We Be Friends")
:lmao:

Back on topic:

It must have been a .45 right? I mean, what other caliber could possibly be a one shot stop?? :)
:p
-- Thank you for calling 911 emergency services, please hold --
~~ \|/ ~~