Anyone use PistolPay

General discussion.
anoldsman

Anyone use PistolPay

Post by anoldsman » 03 Jan 2015, 01:17

I found a firearm on Armslist that I wanted to purchase but I do not want to use money orders. I found the site called PistolPay that looks just like PayPal but for firearms. I have already found 1 scam on Armslist of the firearm that I want and several "FiveseveN collections" that are obvious scams and I am now leery of further attempts to purchase from the site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

DoubleJ

Re: Anyone use PistolPay

Post by DoubleJ » 03 Jan 2015, 05:29

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe postal money orders, when used in the US, are safe against fraud and scams. It's my understanding that defrauding someone that pays with one is a federal offense.

anoldsman

Post by anoldsman » 03 Jan 2015, 19:27

DoubleJ wrote:I'm not 100% sure, but I believe postal money orders, when used in the US, are safe against fraud and scams. It's my understanding that defrauding someone that pays with one is a federal offense.
Thanks but I don't think that the federal offense will put them off and I have heard many horror stories of trying to get anyone to investigate these offenses. Thanks again for the reply. I appreciate the help.

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ » 03 Jan 2015, 20:46

I guess if something doesn't smell right, there's probably a turd nearby. Nervous business sending money to people on the internet. I'm dealing with that situation right now, plenty of red flags on the car I just bought, but I was dumb and bought it anyway, we'll see how hard I get bit. Hope you get it worked out.