Lone Survivor?

General discussion.
toyslr

Lone Survivor?

Post by toyslr » 13 Jan 2014, 14:02

Who's gone to see it and what is your take on the Hollywood version?

Mine is they stayed as close to the book as they could without Peter Berg breaking his promise to the families.
My two issues were Axelson's death and them showing Luttrell walking out of harms way and when they rescued him

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Re: Lone Survivor?

Post by flyingirish04 » 15 Jan 2014, 19:17

Haven't seen it. Probably will. I really don't care about anything other than I know the families are happy with it, and Marcus is as well. That's all I care about.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 16 Jan 2014, 10:18

That's really it! My biggest thoughts is that the widows and families agree with way it was presented and are hopefully receiving a buttload of the 38.5 mil it took in in the first weekend.

jckilla
custom title: jckilla

Post by jckilla » 16 Jan 2014, 17:43

Movie was amazing considering Peter Berg ( BattleShip ) directed it - Supposedly Mark Wahlberg was in tears on a daily basis during filming. - I have not read the book, but reading online and on IMDB hat the families of the vets were happy with the film, was great - The scene where Matt 'Axe' Axelson gets taken out was very fast - I don't think Berg wanted to spend too much time on how long he actually may have suffered ( although, it looked like a head shot, instant kill ) - Great movie - EDIT - as far as "fast" i meant the final moment, not the fact that he kept fighting for so long after he should've already passed. I hope the movie is true, that even after the headshot he fought on with every weapon he had down to the last round in his pistol. ( not like the other story that that his body had been "stripped" of all the rest of his weapons and gear). Either way I thought the film was amazing. Almost the entire film was action packed, front to back-
Last edited by jckilla on 20 Jan 2014, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.

fd57

Post by fd57 » 18 Jan 2014, 17:52

There was a short special on HBO or another premium cable channel a couple weeks back. A making of this film special. Was interesting and if you've read the book and/or seen the film you might look up this special to view it.

turbobrick

Post by turbobrick » 20 Jan 2014, 14:33

I was concerned that this one wouldn't be good, but pretty much everybody has said its great. Looks like we'll have to go catch it in the theater.