Went to Gun Show today (Ft Laud, FL.)

General discussion.
gotants

Went to Gun Show today (Ft Laud, FL.)

Post by gotants » 29 Nov 2008, 19:39

All I can say is :furious: :wall:

I looked at a Sig P239 in .40 at a local gun shop that had it for $775 two weeks ago. Now it`s jacked to $1050.

Cheapest I could find is $820 for the black (priced at $875) and a stainless for $750 (used).

What gives with this?

Here is some freom GB....

used
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =116896128" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

new
w/shooters pack
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =117173789" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Red

Re: Went to Gun Show today (Ft Laud, FL.)

Post by Red » 29 Nov 2008, 19:57

The answer I am getting from a couple of dealers I know, Guns are a hot commodity and the distributors know it and are raising the prices as quickly as they possibly can.

I recently bought a Walther from Shoot Straight at the WPB show last month. While I was there, I also looked at an HK USP and he wanted $700 for it, now he wants $800 for the same gun. He also quoted me $1200 for a Five Seven. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll wait till things calm down again.

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 29 Nov 2008, 20:00

Yep.

All about the money
Embrace the Suck

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 29 Nov 2008, 20:59

Funny - it was called price gouging when they were doing it with gasoline. Now with guns its just economics
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Reverend Herc
Platinum Member
custom title: Outstanding!!!

Post by Reverend Herc » 29 Nov 2008, 22:10

That is why I stopped going to the gun show in Ft Lauderdale. It is a huge waste of time. It actually has been for many years. There was a point in time before the internet when you could get a good deal. But south florida is such a rip off for this type of merchandise that the internet is the way to go. 99 percent of the people I know go to the gun show to look at the guns they want then either find it on gun broker or go to aries or national to buy there guns. I have no problem telling these douche bags that run these shops what I can get the gun for on the internet. If they do not want to make the sale then they pack sand........

Greg

Weston Arms is the Worst Gun store in South Florida FYI........ I would not buy water from them if I was on Fire.

gotants

Post by gotants » 30 Nov 2008, 05:57

Greg, I didn`t say anything about Weston Arms, but yeah, that`s who I was talking about. Alfie is prolly trying to pop the coin for his new place/range.

btw, where are you ats, meng?

Red

Post by Red » 30 Nov 2008, 08:06

Reverend Herc wrote:That is why I stopped going to the gun show in Ft Lauderdale. It is a huge waste of time. It actually has been for many years. There was a point in time before the internet when you could get a good deal. But south florida is such a rip off for this type of merchandise that the internet is the way to go. 99 percent of the people I know go to the gun show to look at the guns they want then either find it on gun broker or go to aries or national to buy there guns. I have no problem telling these douche bags that run these shops what I can get the gun for on the internet. If they do not want to make the sale then they pack sand........

Greg

Weston Arms is the Worst Gun store in South Florida FYI........ I would not buy water from them if I was on Fire.
Greg, I am familiar with Aries, where is National?

allegretto

Post by allegretto » 30 Nov 2008, 14:06

Rapier1772 wrote:Funny - it was called price gouging when they were doing it with gasoline. Now with guns its just economics
Nope, both times it's just Economics. People are just more defensive about gasoline.

IDTANDY

Post by IDTANDY » 30 Nov 2008, 14:14

Supply and demand
IDTANDY

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 30 Nov 2008, 17:21

allegretto wrote:Nope, both times it's just Economics. People are just more defensive about gasoline.
That's pretty much what I meant, I was being sarcastic; sorry forgot the sarcastic smilie.
I know it is economics, like ID TANDY said "Supply & demand." I just hate the double standard of 'you cant mess with this because I use it (gas), but you can mess with that because I don't use it (guns).'
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

allegretto

Post by allegretto » 30 Nov 2008, 19:54

Rapier1772 wrote:
allegretto wrote:Nope, both times it's just Economics. People are just more defensive about gasoline.
That's pretty much what I meant, I was being sarcastic; sorry forgot the sarcastic smilie.
I know it is economics, like ID TANDY said "Supply & demand." I just hate the double standard of 'you cant mess with this because I use it (gas), but you can mess with that because I don't use it (guns).'
Kind of the Dim Lib mantra?
:wall:

romer522

Post by romer522 » 30 Nov 2008, 21:21

MrSlippyFist wrote:Yep.

All about the money

I am not defending price gouging, but a good majority of gun dealers and shop owners don't make diddly on firearms purchases, their only real income is ammo/accessories. So in some respects its a fairly normal thing to expect em to try and actually make some profit on them now that the market will support it.

Reverend Herc
Platinum Member
custom title: Outstanding!!!

Post by Reverend Herc » 01 Dec 2008, 15:23

Greg, I am familiar with Aries, where is National?[/quote]

National Law Enforcement Distributors is http://www.mynational.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They are in SR. 84 East bound in between pine island and university.
Jeff is a really good guy and has some interesting stories about Weston Arms.
He can probably tell you horror stories until the cows come home.

P.S I do not think that Weston Arms will ever open their gun range....

Greg

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 01 Dec 2008, 15:29

romer522 wrote:I am not defending price gouging, but a good majority of gun dealers and shop owners don't make diddly on firearms purchases, their only real income is ammo/accessories. So in some respects its a fairly normal thing to expect em to try and actually make some profit on them now that the market will support it.
I was only referring to the gougers. I saw a stripped AR15 lower on GB for $750. You can't tell me he is scraping by.
Embrace the Suck