OT - Tac Force Stryker Mat System drag bag

General discussion.
Virginian
custom title: Thread Necromancer

OT - Tac Force Stryker Mat System drag bag

Post by Virginian » 29 Jun 2013, 10:23

I was unsure where to post this gear review, I was going to post it in the Tactical Rifle section but thought it would be inappropriate. Hopefully it will have some interest to somebody... Mods, please delete if I've made a mistake here.

While I'm out here killing time I thought I would write a quick blurb on a piece of my equipment, The Tac Force Stryker Mat System. Here's their website http://tac-force.com/matsystem.aspx

I'm not a tactical shooter and never will be but I believe there are several of you on the fiveseven forum that are. I'm a varmint hunter and this bag suits my needs perfect. It's a gun case when I'm in transit. It holds 10 rounds of ammo and has storage for my essentials; i.e. binoculars, range finder, camera, tripod, bipod, etc. When it folds open I have a shooting mat to keep the better part of me off the ground. This is particularly nice on soggy days and a shot opportunity comes while I'm moving about. It provides a platform so when I get a small window of opportunity to hunt, stull the basics into this bag and I'm out the door in 10 minutes. It sports a suitcase handle as well as a shoulder strap.

I sould note that in the pics it appears to have the molle system on the exterior, they are faux and there to add structural integrity to the bag when it's loaded up.

I've been using mine for four going on five years and it's held up just fine with no issues. Retail price is about $115 and the street price is about $85. If you catch a sale at a shop that carries them, it's even cheaper. I highly recommend this muti-purpose bag if your's in the market. I try to buy all my gear in coyote tan but it wasn't available when I purchased mine. I've seen black, gray, and army green.

Eric

Copied from Tac Force's website:
Stryker Mat System – Tactical Shooting Mat System is engineered as a multi purpose unit; for use as a gun case, drag bag and also folds out into a tactical shooting mat. Used by many of our law enforcement and security forces that demands the upmost performance from their tactical gear. Our tough ballistic material is treated with DuPont® Teflon® that protects fabric from moisture and staining. Protective high density closed cell foam not only protects, but also provides a comfortable mat for shooting pron­­e. This system includes ammunition pouch, utility pouch, adjustable rifle tie-downs, dual carry handles, ABS clips and Molle/PAL compatible web attachments makes this case a versatile piece of tactical gear.­­