Reloading info for the 5.7x28mm

Moderator: Grantness

White35

Post by White35 » 22 Nov 2015, 14:14

Like the title says, just made my account. I started reloading in january of this year and greatly enjoy it. I load .223, 9mm, and .458SOCOM so far. I have fallen in love with the 5.7x28 and the Five Seven pistol, I'm starting to think I like ammo more than guns. It will be some time before I could buy a Five Seven, so until then I'm just going to be hanging out watching what the conversations here. So far I've spent a fairly good amount of time reading about reloading 5.7, mostly on here, and this is what I've come up with so far. I will probably go with the Hornady new dimension dies. Midway has .22cal 35gr hollow points (dogtown), which is what I would use for the conventional 2-3 loadings per case without damaging the lacquer coating. My other strategy that I wanted to know if you all think will work, is loading up 55gr fmjs too fire at about 1000fps or somewhere around subsonic, with the lacquer coating stripped off of the cases. That's my main question, whether those would function fine for target practice, and be at a reasonable pressure, which I'm assuming the pressures would be fine. My reason for wanting to do this is that I can get 1,000 55gr fmjs for $87 shipped to my door. I'll leave it at that for now, and sit back and see what ya'll have to say, any pointers is much appreciated.