Magazines... buy one get one

Discuss rifles chambered for the 5.7x28mm; P90, PS90, and AR57.
blackhawk795

Magazines... buy one get one

Post by blackhawk795 » 22 Mar 2011, 09:10

For your p90 http://www.cdnninvestments.com/fnp90550drne.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ran across this while looking for extra five seven magazines :)

swenk

Re: Magazines... buy one get one

Post by swenk » 22 Mar 2011, 13:34

Just a heads up, the free mag is an ATI mag. The ATI mag I bought to test does not work at all, the follower binds up and gets stuck constantly. Last time I tried it with a factory FN follower and spring to see if that was the problem and it still did not feed at all. Also the spring in my ATI mag was a good 2" shorter than the FN mag.
If the free mag was FN also I would be all over this and order quite a few.

iFire
custom title: FsN | PS90

Re: Magazines... buy one get one

Post by iFire » 22 Mar 2011, 14:16

swenk wrote:Just a heads up, the free mag is an ATI mag. The ATI mag I bought to test does not work at all, the follower binds up and gets stuck constantly. Last time I tried it with a factory FN follower and spring to see if that was the problem and it still did not feed at all. Also the spring in my ATI mag was a good 2" shorter than the FN mag.
If the free mag was FN also I would be all over this and order quite a few.
The ATI mags do not work well with ss197

The maximum overall cartridge length needs to be 1.575" for the ATI mags you metioned to work properly - since ss197 runs all the way out to 1.590" you will get binding towards the front of the mag where one of their mold seams is located...

If you reload, run your rounds at 1.575 or under
If you dont reload, try filing down the seam
If that sounds like a lot of work, toss it in the garbage or sell it to someone who can use it...