5.7mm pocket pistol?

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

GONRA

Re: 5.7mm pocket pistol?

Post by GONRA » 02 Dec 2015, 08:52

Boberg pistols have been mentioned occasionally on this site.
Bond Arms recently purchased Boberg Arms.
(Am sure Bond is a fine outfit, but GONRA is really sad to see Boberg go....)
Will be interesting to see exactly "what happens now", etc....
One way or another, am sure glad I the Bobergs while originals were available!

CPTKILLER
custom title: CPT Killer

Post by CPTKILLER » 19 Dec 2015, 07:57

I carried my FiveSeven concealed but honestly it is too large for comfortable concealed carry in most situations. I would welcome and accurate & reliable FiveSeven for concealed carry in Texas. A good example to look at is the CZ 2075 Rami (http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-2075-rami- ... 4-rd-mags/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

GONRA

Post by GONRA » 03 Jun 2017, 13:55

GONRA' s "Bond Arms Bullpup" (Bond mfg 9mm Boberg) is in UPS transit now.
(Fellow Fanatics call it a "9MM Bondbery") will arrive here (LGS) 06/05/2017.
Plan to blast away with commercial Winchesrter White Box 9mm ammo first before testing my Prize Winning 9mm Handloads.

My ORIGINAL BOBERG MFG 9mm and .45 ACP pistols will probably end up as "Safe Queens".
If the 9mm "Bondberg" "verks gud", will encouage 'em to mfg a .45 ACP "Bondberg".

GONRA

Post by GONRA » 03 Jun 2017, 13:55

GONRA' s "Bond Arms Bullpup" (Bond mfg 9mm Boberg) is in UPS transit now.
(Fellow Fanatics call it a "9MM Bondberg") will arrive here (LGS) 06/05/2017.
Plan to blast away with commercial Winchester White Box 9mm ammo first before testing my Prize Winning 9mm Handloads.

My ORIGINAL BOBERG MFG 9mm and .45 ACP pistols will probably end up as "Safe Queens".
If the 9mm "Bondberg" "verks gud", will encouage 'em to mfg a .45 ACP "Bondberg".

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 03 Jun 2017, 15:38

Ah, I was about to say that I remembered you had a (or a couple, it seems) Bobergs, already.

Been a fan of the concept since day 1... I believe it was 2008 back when. I followed up regularly with Arne and he was quite responsive, especially for his position.

I saw that Bond Arms purchased them and are adding some "upgrades", namely a coating and some "redesigns".

Hope that it cost a lot less now and that it works flawlessly! Although, since the G43 came out, it has lessened the appeal for me...but the velocity obviously is much better with the Boberg.

If they made one in 5.7 ... I don't know... even with that length of barrel, I'm not sure it would be effective; as it is, the main edge that the FsN has over conventional 9mm carry guns is a longer effective range, improved trajectory, accuracy potential, and most importantly, penetration of hard/armored targets with the solid rounds.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.