FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

User avatar
f3rr37
Site Admin
Posts: 14666
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:09

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by f3rr37 » 19 Apr 2010, 12:03

owsi26 wrote:Mine has none of those features but does have the 3861 serial number that I thought it was said to indicate a tactical model. The photo below the tactical doesn't show a rounded trigger guard. I'll look again; Maybe I missed something.
Image

owsi26
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 10:47

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by owsi26 » 22 Apr 2010, 21:06

f3rr37 wrote:
owsi26 wrote:Mine has none of those features but does have the 3861 serial number that I thought it was said to indicate a tactical model. The photo below the tactical doesn't show a rounded trigger guard. I'll look again; Maybe I missed something.
Image

That photo shows a trigger guard different from mine. Mine is straight on the bottom portion of the trigger guard. That is not the case for the one indicating what a tactical model looks like.

User avatar
Esteves
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 3159
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 10:23
custom title: Shhh!
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by Esteves » 23 Apr 2010, 07:51

owsi26 wrote:That photo shows a trigger guard different from mine. Mine is straight on the bottom portion of the trigger guard. That is not the case for the one indicating what a tactical model looks like.
Then you probably have a USG with fixed sights, which is a much newer model than what was pictured.
--
S
© 2005-2017 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

owsi26
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 10:47

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by owsi26 » 24 Apr 2010, 08:27

Esteves wrote:
owsi26 wrote:That photo shows a trigger guard different from mine. Mine is straight on the bottom portion of the trigger guard. That is not the case for the one indicating what a tactical model looks like.
Then you probably have a USG with fixed sights, which is a much newer model than what was pictured.

Actually, no. My rear sight is adjustable. Well, whatever it is, I like it!

ynoty3k
Senior Member
Posts: 2015
Joined: 29 May 2009, 19:13
custom title: Hoplophile

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by ynoty3k » 24 Apr 2010, 08:41

Then it's just a regular old USG. Should be exactly like one of the three posted on the first page.

[img3=30]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/ ... 0004mb.png[/img3]

FDE:
[img3=30]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/f3 ... 0129mb.png[/img3]

ODG:
[img3=30]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/f3 ... 0128mb.png[/img3]

owsi26
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 10:47

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by owsi26 » 24 Apr 2010, 21:39

ynoty3k wrote:Then it's just a regular old USG. Should be exactly like one of the three posted on the first page.

[img3=30]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/ ... 0004mb.png[/img3]

FDE:
[img3=30]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/f3 ... 0129mb.png[/img3]

ODG:
[img3=30]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/f3 ... 0128mb.png[/img3]

It must be, it looks like the top photo. Wow, it's old and I haven't shot it yet! I have had it for perhaps a year and a half to two years.

User avatar
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
Posts: 10628
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 14:28
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain
Contact:

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by blueorison » 26 Apr 2010, 00:37

You must've gotten it when it first came out, then. It's the newest variant, sans the variant of the USG with fixed sights.

How have you not shot a gun you've bought...for 2 yrs..
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

PainKillaX
Senior Member
Posts: 3196
Joined: 08 Nov 2009, 21:01
custom title: I rep that west
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by PainKillaX » 26 Apr 2010, 07:53

blueorison wrote:You must've gotten it when it first came out, then. It's the newest variant, sans the variant of the USG with fixed sights.

How have you not shot a gun you've bought...for 2 yrs..
Wait blue, you shoot your guns?? Don't they get dirty?!

owsi26
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 10:47

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by owsi26 » 26 Apr 2010, 08:10

I was afraid that I would be asked that. I have more handguns that I haven't fired, yet I pay over $200 a year for a shooting range, hunting and fishing rights, etc., but I haven't been there in years. It took a long time waiting for an opening so I would hate toose my spot.

I'm disabled thanks to a drunk driver hitting me doing 45-50MPH while I was sitting at a red light. Even worse was that I had leaned way forward to adjust the radio when he hit me. I was strapped in but it didn't help much.

To shorten this, I've had two neck surgeries for 2 of the 3 (4 new ones since then) ruptured discs. I also made contact with 100,000 volts that came in my right arm, out my left hand and mid-thigh on my right leg. I developed a muscle disease that affects both arms, my right leg, yet my left leg is fine. I know the shock caused this disease that is slowly progressing.

I've been unable to work since my second neck surgery, not so much because of that (but the surgery didn't help the excruciating pain) but the muscle disease progressed until I had to use a cane. Plus I remained in
severe pain and it has increased through the years.

I have to take a lot of medications that make me very sleepy. BUT, If I cancel my membership, it would be admitting that I'll never shoot again and I'm stubborn. Also' I don't have anyone to shoot with. I've even done the unthinkable: carrying for SD when I haven't even shot it. That includes the Five Seven.

User avatar
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
Posts: 10628
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 14:28
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain
Contact:

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by blueorison » 26 Apr 2010, 15:18

owsi26 wrote:I was afraid that I would be asked that. I have more handguns that I haven't fired, yet I pay over $200 a year for a shooting range, hunting and fishing rights, etc., but I haven't been there in years. It took a long time waiting for an opening so I would hate toose my spot.

I'm disabled thanks to a drunk driver hitting me doing 45-50MPH while I was sitting at a red light. Even worse was that I had leaned way forward to adjust the radio when he hit me. I was strapped in but it didn't help much.

To shorten this, I've had two neck surgeries for 2 of the 3 (4 new ones since then) ruptured discs. I also made contact with 100,000 volts that came in my right arm, out my left hand and mid-thigh on my right leg. I developed a muscle disease that affects both arms, my right leg, yet my left leg is fine. I know the shock caused this disease that is slowly progressing.

I've been unable to work since my second neck surgery, not so much because of that (but the surgery didn't help the excruciating pain) but the muscle disease progressed until I had to use a cane. Plus I remained in
severe pain and it has increased through the years.

I have to take a lot of medications that make me very sleepy. BUT, If I cancel my membership, it would be admitting that I'll never shoot again and I'm stubborn. Also' I don't have anyone to shoot with. I've even done the unthinkable: carrying for SD when I haven't even shot it. That includes the Five Seven.

Perhaps within even our darkest moments, we forget that others are there with us, to offer a knowing smile.

May you be blessed with the tolerance to deal with the pain, and the continued perspective of life that maintains your principles. I may not be privvy to your life or a good friend to your past, but your words speak of someone who always tries to do what's right.

I respect that, a lot. :)
Last edited by blueorison on 27 Apr 2010, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

owsi26
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 10:47

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by owsi26 » 27 Apr 2010, 05:40

That was very elequent and kind. Were those your remarks or something I should remember from school?!

I meant to say something else. With taking strong muscle relaxers, I can walk unaided - until I broke my right foot in Jan., doc said I did the worst thing possible to my foot. Broke 2 bones, dislocated 2 more and tore a ligament loose. He said It should be recovered by july but I'll have to wear an orthopedic device for the rest of my life. Naturally, it was my right foot - the leg that has problems.

My luck isn't good lately. I was in the bathroom and I heard the phone ring. Thinking it might be in regards to my dental appt. today, I rushed to the phone and my right foot got caught and I crashed to the floor injuring my right foot, right knee (it needs artifical knee and twisted my lower back - where I have another ruptured disc.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get us off topic; I just wanted to tell you that I appreciate the nice remarks.

Valorius
Banned
Posts: 615
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 17:32
custom title: 5.7 proponent

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by Valorius » 10 May 2010, 09:51

Anyone in the Philly area that ever wants a buddy to go to the range with, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm there for ya. ;)

bpasky
Junior Member
Posts: 30
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 06:41
Location: Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by bpasky » 14 Jun 2010, 12:14

Anyone see they added an All Black FiveseveN?

Image

Outlaw54
Junior Member
Posts: 34
Joined: 09 Jul 2010, 17:38

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by Outlaw54 » 09 Jul 2010, 19:03

owsi26 wrote:I was afraid that I would be asked that. I have more handguns that I haven't fired, yet I pay over $200 a year for a shooting range, hunting and fishing rights, etc., but I haven't been there in years. It took a long time waiting for an opening so I would hate toose my spot.

I'm disabled thanks to a drunk driver hitting me doing 45-50MPH while I was sitting at a red light. Even worse was that I had leaned way forward to adjust the radio when he hit me. I was strapped in but it didn't help much.

To shorten this, I've had two neck surgeries for 2 of the 3 (4 new ones since then) ruptured discs. I also made contact with 100,000 volts that came in my right arm, out my left hand and mid-thigh on my right leg. I developed a muscle disease that affects both arms, my right leg, yet my left leg is fine. I know the shock caused this disease that is slowly progressing.

I've been unable to work since my second neck surgery, not so much because of that (but the surgery didn't help the excruciating pain) but the muscle disease progressed until I had to use a cane. Plus I remained in
severe pain and it has increased through the years.

I have to take a lot of medications that make me very sleepy. BUT, If I cancel my membership, it would be admitting that I'll never shoot again and I'm stubborn. Also' I don't have anyone to shoot with. I've even done the unthinkable: carrying for SD when I haven't even shot it. That includes the Five Seven.
I'm sorry to hear this, I suffer from chronic pain and will be having a knee replacement soon from playing football too long, so I feel some of your pain. Don't ever give up or give in, you are truly an inspiration to those of us with far minor injuries :(

tampaslice
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: 01 Mar 2011, 22:33

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by tampaslice » 01 Mar 2011, 22:46

I have the Olive Drab Green model and my buddy has the Flat Dark Earth model. We both use as our Conceal/carry weapons.

Adjuster
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 17:47

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by Adjuster » 03 May 2011, 09:17

The FDE just said "Buy Me!"

Screamed it more like it.... :)

Too bad they don't have the PS90 USG in FDE. (I know, paint is only a rattle can away.)

User avatar
SIRUS
Junior Member
Posts: 24
Joined: 14 May 2011, 15:42
custom title: Sirus
Location: Left Coast

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by SIRUS » 15 Jun 2011, 10:27

I carry an all black model and it's nice :D The controls don't look like an after thought.... :ponder:
Tragedy is like lightening, you can usually see it before you can hear it.

Valorius
Banned
Posts: 615
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 17:32
custom title: 5.7 proponent

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by Valorius » 14 Sep 2011, 16:36

I would think an "urban grey" model would sell very well. Apparently FN disagrees, lol.

Wenzel
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 04 Nov 2011, 01:00

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by Wenzel » 08 Nov 2011, 00:01

The Five-seven Tactical was introduced shortly after the original double-action only variant, as a single-action alternative. It had a short and light trigger pull of 2 to 3 daN (4.4 to 6.6 lbf), as on current models.[44] It also had the addition of an ambidextrous manual safety device (located on each side of the frame, as on current models), and a slide release.[44] Aside from these differences, the Tactical variant was identical to the original double-action only Five-seven. It was discontinued following the introduction of the IOM variant.

User avatar
f3rr37
Site Admin
Posts: 14666
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:09

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by f3rr37 » 08 Nov 2011, 19:06

Wenzel wrote:The Five-seven Tactical was introduced shortly after the original double-action only variant, as a single-action alternative. It had a short and light trigger pull of 2 to 3 daN (4.4 to 6.6 lbf), as on current models.[44] It also had the addition of an ambidextrous manual safety device (located on each side of the frame, as on current models), and a slide release.[44] Aside from these differences, the Tactical variant was identical to the original double-action only Five-seven. It was discontinued following the introduction of the IOM variant.
Please do not plagiarise, if you copy/paste something from another site, please provide a reference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven#Variants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Warning issued.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests