Need help finding a Five seveN!

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

Const Advocate

Need help finding a Five seveN!

Post by Const Advocate » 03 Jul 2013, 11:59

I'm new here, so I'd like to start off by saying hello and happy 4th of July to everyone! :patriot:

I'm quite intrigued by the FN Five seveN after reading and watching reviews. But, as you know, these are extremely difficult to come across (at good prices). I tried local gun shops, which don't have it in stock and gunbroker.com which has auctions asking for upwards of $1,250+. I found a gentleman on a local forum selling his NIB Five Seven and we agreed to $950, but then he said he had personal issues and wouldn't be able to meet at the FFL... so that fell through.

I still would really like to become a proud owner of a Five Seven, but before I just start bidding on gunbroker and regret overpaying, I'd love to get everyone's opinion on what you would recommend paying for a USG model, where you would recommend as the best place to purchase one from (gunbroker.com/gun shop/forum/gun show...) and if you have any leads on one for a good deal.

Thank you!

PS: I know the prices are high because of recent events and supply/demand...but I've seen great deals on other highly desirable firearms recently and would like to hopefully get one on the Five Seven.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Re: Need help finding a Five seveN!

Post by blueorison » 03 Jul 2013, 12:29

Welcome! Contact one of our sponsors. They are legit and you will speak to a human being.

Charles at aaarsenal.com is a good guy. A standard price on a USG is 1050 before tax.

Hope that helps!
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: Need help finding a Five seveN!

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Jul 2013, 12:37

His website is down for maintenance :(
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.