FsN velocity question

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

Prepper
custom title: Sucker Punch

FsN velocity question

Post by Prepper » 13 Apr 2012, 09:54

Do either of the jarvis or EFT threaded barrel affect velocity - with or without suppressors? :ponder: Thanks
Better to have a tank when you don't need it then to need a tank when you don't have it.

II Thessalonians 3:8-12

the2nd

Re: FsN velocity question

Post by the2nd » 13 Apr 2012, 11:49

Yes, this. Tactical Search is your friend. :)

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 13 Apr 2012, 11:56

That thread references the Tornado Tech extension, not the Jarvis or EFT although they'd probably have the same result. :?:
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

Valorius
Banned
custom title: 5.7 proponent

Post by Valorius » 15 Apr 2012, 20:02

In the above link one of the members chrono'd a gun with and without a threaded barrel side by side with S4M and SS197SR.

70-100fps for the Tornado threaded barrel.

I'm lovin' mine!

Next question...has anyone done chrono tests side by side with a threaded barrel with no suppressor, and a threaded barrel with a suppressor?

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 15 Apr 2012, 20:09

Valorius wrote:Next question...has anyone done chrono tests side by side with a threaded barrel with no suppressor, and a threaded barrel with a suppressor?
Not to my knowledge but I can do that next time I go out. Might not happen for a couple of weeks though, finals are coming up
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

Valorius
Banned

Post by Valorius » 15 Apr 2012, 20:13

That'd be great. I also asked this same question in the thread linked to in an above post. I figured it'd be nice to have the info all consolidated in one place.

I'd be very interested to know what a 10 shot string of S4M will average from a threaded suppressed FsN on a warm day. What altitude are you shooting at?

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 15 Apr 2012, 20:41

Also, make sure you measure penetration on the black bear and the density and length of hair shafts of the coat, including the mean, median, SD, and all outliers.

Dewpoint and humidity at the exact moment the shot was fired would also be absolutely necessary.

Barometric pressure using a professional-grade gauge, and subsequent data recorded by it, is without being said, critical.

Make sure to set the expert chronograph exactly at 15 feet.

WAIT, WHAT LASER FINDER ARE YOU USING TO MEASURE DISTANCE WITH PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS THANKS BLUEORISON
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 15 Apr 2012, 21:26

Sorry blue, bear season has been & gone so there will be no reporting of data on that (not that I wont get the info, but I can't confess to it in public).

I set my chronograph at 6ft so I make sure I get the most accurate measure of muzzle velocity that I can. That other stuff, not a problem - do it every time anway.

Imam half two czech witch light-wave amplification by simulated emission of radiation disdance doohicky eye gots. Getbakwhichyous l8r on thats.

Valorius
Banned

Post by Valorius » 16 Apr 2012, 04:41

blueorison wrote:Also, make sure you measure penetration on the black bear and the density and length of hair shafts of the coat, including the mean, median, SD, and all outliers.

Dewpoint and humidity at the exact moment the shot was fired would also be absolutely necessary.

Barometric pressure using a professional-grade gauge, and subsequent data recorded by it, is without being said, critical.

Make sure to set the expert chronograph exactly at 15 feet.

WAIT, WHAT LASER FINDER ARE YOU USING TO MEASURE DISTANCE WITH PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS THANKS BLUEORISON
Yeah...ummm?

Just the velocity from a threaded FsN with and without a suppressor will be fine, thanks. LOL.

Thanks Rapier!